• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Is he gonna personally model them? if so...

3722022632_98586c18ff.jpg

lol

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Amare at C is only slightly better than Bargs at C and If Barges days the 4 while Stat is the 5...dear lord.

Exactly. It's like the streams crossing. Teams will be bulldozing to the rim. Fuck. Hakeem better work his magic on Bargs and Chandler.

Also, sad to hear about what happened to your dog =[

Thanks dude :(

No one should have to experience that...not in that manner. I'm contemplating surprising her with a new dog when I'm back home.

98 bulls.

Not just because they lost Pippen, Rodman, MJ etc,but they became one of the worst teams for like 5-6years in a row.

Dirk was still there though and wasn't going to retire and Chandler didn't ask for a trade. They managed to submarine Dirk's last years along with being pitiful and having no future.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Amare @ C?

There isn't an L-O-L big enough to for that.

Good lord.

Hey, I was the biggest Amare shit talker last season...but he genuinely surprised me (and a lot of Knick fans for that matter) during those 20+ games this past midseason. He played really well - the Knicks were better offensively and defensively with him on the court, as opposed to Chandler during that stretch.

Does this mean that Dallas can't afford MWP or Oden now?

Also, Amare's played plenty of C in his career. His defense is bad at C (or anywhere), but his offense is just fine. Even diminished last year, he destroyed backups (and even some starters) with high-efficiency low post offensive play. 5 to 10 minutes of STAT at C isn't going to be any worse than it's always been...why would it be some new basketball logic detriment, short of "lol knicks"? I'd much rather have him come in and score 12 points on Greg Stiemsma and Ivan Johnson and whathaveyou, than have him - well, not do that.

SamuraiX-

zi5ZY1P.png

Sources told ESPN.com that the Mavericks and Ellis have agreed to terms on a three-year deal that -- depending on where Dallas' ends up in terms of salary-cap space as it works on a number of deals -- could rise to as high as $30 million.

The deal, at the minimum, will be in the $25 million range, sources said.

So $8-10M/yr. And he left $11M on the table in Milwaukee.....

Surprisingly he didn't get a stupid amount of money. Yeah, the Mavs are stuck with HaveItAll for 3 years, but at least it looks like they got him at a bargain value compared to what it sounded like he was demanding.

Dirk was still there though and wasn't going to retire and Chandler didn't ask for a trade. They managed to submarine Dirk's last years along with being pitiful and having no future.

in terms of worst defense while maintaining your star, definitely agree.

Calderon and Ellis starting backcourt has to be the worst defensive backcourt in the NBA, possibly all time. Those two can't defend a thing.

Who is their starting C right now? Dirk? lmao

So $8-10M/yr. And he left $11M on the table in Milwaukee.....

Surprisingly he didn't get a stupid amount of money. Yeah, the Mavs are stuck with HaveItAll for 3 years, but at leas it looks like they got him at a bargain compared to what he sounded like he was demanding.

Yeah, but he's really bad at scoring and defense and will take away shots from Dirk so he'll just hurt the team.

It's like only getting slightly ripped off on a home that ended up being filled with toxins that gave you cancer.

First Pelicans game ever. Let us all remember this day.

Edit: Watch Rivers have a breakout year this year. He was actually playing really well against the Lakers before his season ending injury.

So the mavs draft pick was a guard and they brought over the israeli PG too.

So it's basically going to be 8 guards, Marion, Dirk. lmao.

Trying to being the neo-warriors from few years ago.

Edit: Watch Rivers have a breakout year this year. He was actually playing really well against the Lakers before his season ending injury.

I love how Rivers' breakout game is listed as a game in which he had 10/2/0 and most of his made shots were pure luck and looks that he missed most of the time during the season, lol.

He has no athleticism and can't shoot and only cares about scoring so I'm not sure how he would break out.

Jonm1010

Banned

As someone who hasn't been a fan of Rivers or the pick at 10 last year I will give him credit and say that he did play a lot better before his injury. He played good defense and was a lot smarter on the offensive end as well. Plus the story is his injury forced him to develop his game with his left hand and he's been practicing his form(which was pathetic considering his father).

What if Monta is actually good for the Mavs, though?

Is Dirk the best player he's ever played with? He'll invariably have to defer to him. If they can reign him in a little, maybe he'd get more efficient and be a quality player.

Top Bottom