• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

RBH

LddYWt1.png

pleased.gif

Omega

Banned
i dont know whose parts of Mavs-age but I feel sorry about them

*Monta Ellis is just as bad as Bargnani for anyone who wants to chime in with lolknicks*

I really don't see how exactly Oden is gonna announce who he is signing with on twitter. Any team doing anything with him will surely physical his ass to death. Unless he's already been doing this shit low key.

SamuraiX-

Hey, Swag Rivers actually doesn't look like complete hot garbage out there.

He's actually using his speed and quickness to get to the rim instead of trying to fulfill is asshole 3s quota.

SamuraiX-

What if Monta is actually good for the Mavs, though?

Is Dirk the best player he's ever played with? He'll invariably have to defer to him. If they can reign him in a little, maybe he'd get more efficient and be a quality player.

You act like Monta actually gives you a choice of whether you want to defer to him or not.

Jonm1010

Banned
Hey, Swag Rivers actually doesn't look like complete hot garbage out there.

He's actually using his speed and quickness to get to the rim instead of trying to fulfill is asshole 3s quota.
Despite what I just said I don't like that he still is ONLY going right. If he truly didnt address that sufficiently its gonna be last year all over again when he tries to drive the basket.

On the plus side he made a freethrow and his D still looks good.

He really still needed about two more years in college at least. If for nothing else because Dell Demps wouldn't of been able to pick him.

Smokey

Dallas is such a joke and it feels great.

Inferior football and basketball team to Htown. Who cares about stick ball. In law meet ups are going to be amazing going forward.

SamuraiX-

Tim Hardaway talking about his relationship with his son. Touching stuff.

Going hard on someone all day, everyday just isn't always the answer.

Ira Winderman ‏@IraHeatBeat 58m
Heat President Pat Riley says the Heat currently is not planning on utilizing the amnesty clause, but also did not shut the door.

So I guess Mike Miller and Joel are staying for the threepeat.

Riley said he had ext exchange with Oden agent weeks ago. "We do have interest in him." Said no conversation with Andrew Bynum's agent.
Wouldn't mind having him if he's healthy

After listening to Pat Riley, still think the Heat make an amnesty move with Miller or Anthony. Looking into mini-mid-level speaks volumes.
So we might amnesty?

How is 41.6% better than 46.3%? Monta can't shoot but loves taking jumpers.

throughout their careers. Monta has also shot over 50% in once season and averaged 20 ppg. Kobe never shot over 50%. Not saying Monta is a better player than Kobe but he is not nearly as bad as some people are claiming him to be. Dallas may actually be a good situation for him. Playing next to Dirk can also help is efficiency.

Jonm1010

Banned
Rivers freethrow form does look a bit different but come on man, its a fucking free throw!

I am not understanding the optimism of so many pelicans fans and local sports writers about Rivers. He has so many problems in his game that any one positive is overshadowed by at least three serious negatives.

If he didnt have the Rivers name and the high school clout he'd be a forgotten name on some d-league team by now.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Dallas is such a joke and it feels great.

Inferior football and basketball team to Htown. Who cares about stick ball. In law meet ups are going to be amazing going forward.

lol stick ball

SamuraiX-

unless his son was gay, then he'd just hate him.

I think he's so far past that.

In April 2013, when Jason Collins came out as the first active openly gay male player in a major American professional team sport, Collins claimed that Hardaway called him in support of his homosexuality.[17] In July 2013, Hardaway was the symbolic first signer of a petition to put a proposed amendment to the Florida State Constitution overturning Florida Amendment 2 and allowing same-sex marriage in his home state of Florida on the ballot in 2014.[18]

throughout their careers. Monta has also shot over 50% in once season and averaged 20 ppg. Kobe never shot over 50%. Not saying Monta is a better player than Kobe but he is not nearly as bad as some people are claiming him to be. Dallas may actually be a good situation for him. Playing next to Dirk can also help is efficiency.

Yeah, but that was back before he started to buy into his own hype and before the moped accident.

I am not understanding the optimism of so many pelicans fans and local sports writers about Rivers. He has so many problems in his game that any one positive is overshadowed by at least three serious negatives.

They have three guys making $40 million a year ahead of him in the rotation, should there really be optimism about him playing this year without injuries?

poor mavs. look what cuban has done to these fans, they're being made to defend monta.

not really. just looking at a player objectively. Not just simply following what other people,who don't know better, are saying. Monta stats prove that he is not nearly as bad as some people suggest. And for the deal the Mavs signed him for, its a good deal.

KingGondo

Banned
Rivers freethrow form does look a bit different but come on man, its a fucking free throw!

If he didnt have the Rivers name and the high school clout he'd be a forgotten name on some d-league team by now.
Yeah, he pretty much sucks big-time.

Yeah, but that was back before he started to buy into his own hype and before the moped accident.

Monta knows he is probably not going to be the first option on the team. In GS, Curry's ankles kept breaking which made Monta have most of the load and pressure. In MIl he was playing with Jennings who is also pretty inefficient and not a superstar. I think he can be good for Dallas.

Bread

Banned
not really. just looking at a player objectively. Not just simply following what other people,who don't know better, are saying. Monta stats prove that he is not nearly as bad as some people suggest. And for the deal the Mavs signed him for, its a good deal.
you're the one looking years back to find a time when ellis had better stats than kobe. you're looking at stats and telling people who watch him play that they are wrong...

linsivvi

His TS% is lower and has been around or under .500 for the last 2 seasons. He is terrible.

Top Bottom