• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

BO_lHaZCIAAZwbj.jpg

lmao @ rondo's face

Monta knows he is probably not going to be the first option on the team. In GS, Curry's ankles kept breaking which made Monta have most of the load and pressure. In MIl he was playing with Jennings who is also pretty inefficient and not a superstar. I think he can be good for Dallas.
it's nice to think nice things

Jonm1010

Banned
They have three guys making $40 million a year ahead of him in the rotation, should there really be optimism about him playing this year without injuries?

He'll get playing time. Gordon is made of glass and Evans can't play the 1, 2, and 3 all at once. Rivers will probably get about ten minutes between the 1 and 2.

FAKE EDIT: ...And with that GODDAMN that was a nice move by Rivers... and to the left!

not really. just looking at a player objectively. Not just simply following what other people,who don't know better, are saying. Monta stats prove that he is not nearly as bad as some people suggest. And for the deal the Mavs signed him for, its a good deal.

Monta had one single fluke year back in 07-08. Every other season of his career he was terrible.

Did you know in Golden State the team was better with him on the bench every single season (besides fluke year) and he had the worst +/- of any player every year and by a lot?

Since fluke year, he has a TS% of 51%, one of the worst in the league for a guard. He is by far the worst defensive starting SG in the league, as well. He also sucks at rebounding for a guard.

he is not a good basketball player. Anything above a minimum contract...maybe mini-MLE, is too much.

you're the one looking years back to find a time when ellis had better stats than kobe. you're looking at stats and telling people who watch him play that they are wrong...

I actually didn't have to look at that back. His overall carrer shooting percentage is better than Kobe's and better than most other guard. These last two years he was clearly put in a pretty bad situation which brought extra pressure on him. And yes I have watched him play. Every time Dallas played GSW back then, Monta used to light it up. He did the same in Milwaukee at times.

I actually didn't have to look at that back. His overall carrer shooting percentage is better than Kobe's and better than most other guard. These last two years he was clearly put in a pretty bad situation which brought extra pressure on him. And yes I have watched him play. Every time Dallas played GSW back then, Monta used to light it up. He did the same in Milwaukee at times.

That's because you ignore 3 pointers and Fts.

Kobe's TS% = .555
Ellis = .526

League average is .54

linsivvi

You do know that shooting percentage is not the full picture and often misleading, right?

You do know that shooting percentage is not the full picture and often misleading, right?

Yeah and I did acknowledge that Monta is nowhere near the player as kobe and his defense is pretty bad. Just trying to say he is really not that bad for 10 million/year. You could do a lot worse. Monta also never had a good coach like Carlisle. Im sure this will be one of his better years.

Yeah and I did acknowledge that Monta is nowhere near the player as kobe and his defense is pretty bad. Just trying to say he is really not that bad for 10 million/year. You could do a lot worse. Monta also never had a good coach like Carlisle. Im sure this will be one of his better years.

He made Scott Skiles quit.

Enron

Banned
not really. just looking at a player objectively. Not just simply following what other people,who don't know better, are saying. Monta stats prove that he is not nearly as bad as some people suggest. And for the deal the Mavs signed him for, its a good deal.

stop watching basketball please

Shahan Ahmed ‏@shahanLA 6m
Metta World Peace just told @mcten and I that he has no desire to play in the NBA next season. Not for Knick, Nets, Clippers..no one #Lakers

:(

Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten 5m
World Peace told @shahanLA and I that playing in China is indeed his No. 1 priority. After that? Coaching or - no joke - arena football

linsivvi

Not really.

TS%

Monta Ellis - Career: .526, last season: .493
JR Smith - Career: .540, last season: .522
Steve Blake - Career: .524, last season: .573
Jamal Crawford - Career: .528, last season: .558

The player the Mavs just let go and $6M cheaper
O.J. Mayo - Career: .536, last season: 556

All cheaper.

SamuraiX-

Doc Rivers: "I didn't try to coach (my son), he doesn't listen to me anyway. He listens to Mike Breen."

Everything makes so much sense now.

Monta getting paid so much just goes to show you how little front offices know about defense. It's not quantified anywhere near as well as offense and since they don't have good numbers to compare players they don't value it as much as they should. It's half the game for christ sake, but you have to actually scout by watching games to get a sense of how good players are defensively.

Top Bottom