• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

It's weird, but the better real team seems to almost always beat the weaker real team in this summer league. You'd think it would be the opposite considering the higher draft picks.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
It's weird, but the better real team seems to almost always beat the weaker real team in this summer league. You'd think it would be the opposite considering the higher draft picks.

Good, stacked teams usually just run a few deliberate, guaranteed sets and want their guys to play defense. Its not so much a pure development process for them as it is an open tryout for guys to possibly fit into their established system.

Younger teams use SL as a time to let their guys develop individually. If someone else shows out, good for them, but its not really too much else other than that.

Good, stacked teams usually just run a few deliberate, guaranteed sets and want their guys to play defense. Its not so much a pure development process for them as it is an open tryout for guys to possibly fit into their established system.

Younger teams use SL as a time to let their guys develop individually. If someone else shows out, good for them, but its not really too much else other than that.

Plus shittier teams are easier to make so you often have dudes doin too much trying to make the squad

That explains why the Clippers look so much like the regular Clippers in terms of ball movement, aside from the execution. Thanks for clarifying.

MKG and Oladipo are pretty much the same player. Mkg has the better handles and Oladipo has the better shot. It's hard to root against either of them, they both love the game.

Forever

Banned
BPAWkthCcAAmzgi.jpg

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine now
ESPN sources: Toe injury forces Mavs to shelve plan to re-sign fan favorite Devin Harris. Sides mutually agree to scrap three-year, $9M deal

OUCH

Cuban can't even execute the plans he made.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Better coach most times
Head coaches are their for evaluation of picks and that's it.

Vast majority of the time its assistant coaches managing the rotation from the sideline and that's all.

Edit: Did they just say Brooks could fill the gap at PG for the Celtics? LOL

SamuraiX-

bOv1J5W.png

Damn, that fucking sucks.

At least his rookie contract is guaranteed since he's a first round pick... or is that only for lottery players? I forget.

Jared Greenberg: "Stay tuned for the Cavaliers vs the Lakers! You'll want to see the Dion Waiters and Tyler Zeller show!"

iH2KvC6jWySVZ.gif

bOv1J5W.png

At least his rookie contract is guaranteed since he's a first round pick... or is that only for lottery players? I forget.

Jared Greenberg: "Stay tuned for the Cavaliers vs the Lakers! You'll want to see the Dion Waiters and Tyler Zeller show!"

iH2KvC6jWySVZ.gif
Wolves won. That hardly ever happens.

bOv1J5W.png

iH2KvC6jWySVZ.gif

All 1st rounders guaranteed 2 years.

Within hours of the Ellis announcement, Harris destroyed his toe and Larkin broke his ankle.

This will not end well.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Austin Rivers shot 50% from the field and that was a bad performance? I'm expecting the comet to hit the earth any time.

no ryan kelly? why aren't the lakers featuring their third best player.

He had foot surgery after the college season. Not ready to play yet.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-lakers-ryan-kelly-20130710,0,3511464.story

Kelly won’t play on the Lakers' summer league team because he is recovering from foot surgery. Kelly said he has resumed basketball activities but it will be a couple of weeks before he's at full speed.

“Coming off an injury it’s going to obviously take some time, but I’m excited to get out there and get comfortable again,” Kelly said. “I’m feeling great and I’m going to spend as much time here in L.A. as I can.”

Top Bottom