• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

holy shit I'm pretty sure Prokhorov did promise AK-47 all the Russian women ever and that was an under the table deal

I forgot about this

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=greenberg/060307

In case you missed what was inarguably the most important sports story of last week (labor, schmabor; we've had work stoppages before) the wife of Utah Jazz forward Andrei Kirilenko told ESPN The Magazine that she has given her husband an allowance of one woman per year.

She said that because women are forever throwing themselves at him and because things that are forbidden only become more desirable, she has told her husband he may have sex outside their marriage one time per year.

You must be joking. Nick Young is already in Dantoni's dog house and he hasn't even played a single minute for The Lakers. Young takes Kobe-esque shots with great inefficiency. lol At least Monta can get to the basket at will.

Nick Young - 1411 minutes, 1.4 Offensive Win Shares

Monta Ellis - 3076 minutes, 1.2 Offensive Win Shares

linsivvi

You must be joking. Nick Young is already in Dantoni's dog house and he hasn't even played a single minute for The Lakers. Young takes Kobe-esque shots with great inefficiency. lol At least Monta can get to the basket at will.

You mean aside from the fact that he was more efficient offensively (slightly) than Monta every season except Young's rookie season?

You mean aside from the fact that he was more efficient offensively (slightly) than Monta every season except Young's rookie season?

interestingly, they have the exact same career efg%, TS%, and ORtg.

Of course, only because of Ellis' single fluke year. And despite that, Young still has a higher OWS/48 average because of less TOs and usage.

Basically, Nick Young is Monta Ellis who passes less and doesn't handle the ball as much.

I am way too hyped about our first summer league game. Go Zeller! Fuck the doubters! And show your stuff MKG. There's no one who can stop you driving to the rim, do it all game long.

linsivvi

interestingly, they have the exact same career efg%, TS%, and ORtg.

Of course, only because of Ellis' single fluke year. And despite that, Young still has a higher OWS/48 average because of less TOs and usage.

Basically, Nick Young is Monta Ellis who passes less and doesn't handle the ball as much.

Yeah I noticed that too, lol.

I mean, both are terrible players but Young is being paid $900K instead of $30M. I think I can live with that.

Real Talk...

Nick actually passed the ball and tried on defense last year.

Plus Doug couldn't break his soul.

Happiest Motherfucker in the world.

swag

linsivvi

Real Talk...

Nick actually passed the ball and tried on defense last year.

Plus Doug couldn't break his soul.

Happiest Motherfucker in the world.

swag

I think he'll actually try this year. Players know that they get paid under Antoni and he's in LA.

That might get in the way of the tank though.

PBY

Banned
If it's sad rooting for only the second teenager with multiple 25 and 12 games then I'm guilty as charged.

Lebron is the other one
Its sad getting so hype for the summer league. Charlotte is my 2nd tag team tho, I'm with you dawg. Go get em kitties.

Jonm1010

Banned
statistically speaking, doing well in summer league means nothing in terms of predictive power.

However, doing poorly in summer league is correlated with being bad in the NBA.
Yeah I liked what someone on TV said earlier, something along the lines of summer league can separate the people who have a shot in the NBA and those that don't but it doesn't really tell you if those that do deserve a shot will be anything more then hot garbage, no matter how well they did.

statistically speaking, doing well in summer league means nothing in terms of predictive power.

i want to see some splits on this

like, what's the rate of guys who were good in college, were considered blue-chip nba talents and did well in summer league that flamed out in the league. jonny flynn is maybe the only guy i can think of but it's arguable to say he was good in college since he was inefficient and turned it over a lot on top of being undersized.

B.O.O.M

Didn't get to see it last year but any notable players disappoint during summer league, who then went on to reflect that in the regular season?

He's just trying to scare off the other teams. Pretty sure he won't play in China.

hard to say but supposedly he has been talking to team reps there for weeks.

I think there's a chance he does it if he goes unclaimed.

however,if he's claimed, no way he retires and gives up $7.7 million.

i want to see some splits on this

like, what's the rate of guys who were good in college, were considered blue-chip nba talents and did well in summer league that flamed out in the league.

Can you think of any examples not injury related?

Top Bottom