• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

They would trade Thornton if they sign Ellis. They should trade Thornton regardless. Wonder if OKC would be interested if they can't work something out with Martin.

Not sure why you guys thought T-Rob would be any good. I was always like "but why the fuck didn't he get minutes over the terrible Morris Twins doe".

And besides that and the Bill Self rule, I was super concerned that he'd have zero ability to play on the offensive side of the court outside of transition baskets.

I still think he can defend and rebound okay, but not at a level high enough to justify being a starting PF. He's basically Josh Smith-Lite.

I swore off tweeners once Derrick Williams busted. He's my biggest miss. I thought he was a can't miss prospect with all of that skill :(

Edit: To be fair he hasn't gotten a fair shot yet. I'd take on his salary and let him play off the bench for us.

Emwitus

whtEAVz.jpg

Shabazz's sleazeball dad indicted for a lot of fraud:

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-shabazz-20130531,0,4472368.story

Ehh.

Also, I read a couple articles that said Anthony Bennett was injured all throughout high school so why are NBA teams dismissing his recent shoulder injury as irrelevant? Isn't this another point of evidence to show that he's really injury-prone? Whatever.

His dad is going to make him a very broke man if he doesn't distance himself from him.

made a post on realgm this morning about how thomas robinson sucks and go back to find that i'm banned until 11 pm tonight because of it

i know its realgm but what the fuck

thekad

Banned
Hopeful Signals

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9328547/houston-rockets-hopeful-land-dwight-howard-sources-say

Stein said:
Free agency in the NBA is exactly one month away, but the Houston Rockets' bid to steal Dwight Howard away from the Los Angeles Lakers is already gathering some momentum.

Sources close to the process told ESPN.com that the Rockets have received what has been described as "hopeful signals" that Howard is seriously considering a jump from the Lakers to the Rockets after becoming a free agent July 1.

Although the Rockets are well aware that Howard has a penchant for changing his mind, sources say that Howard has conveyed his rising interest to Houston star swingman James Harden, his forrmer teammate with USA Basketball.

Sources say Howard, furthermore, has already made it clear he'll field in-person recruiting visits from the Rockets and Dallas Mavericks once free agency begins. It's possible, sources said, that other teams will be added to the list.

Dwight's great and Asik's great, but Dwight-Asik makes no sense so I guess Asik will be on the block if they get him.

Maybe Asik for Gallinari would make some sense since the Rockets could survive waiting until February for Gallinari to get back.

Asik for Ryan Anderson also would be interesting as would the sign-and-trade of Asik for Smith.

Dwight's great and Asik's great, but Dwight-Asik makes no sense so I guess Asik will be on the block if they get him.

Maybe Asik for Gallinari would make some sense since the Rockets could survive waiting until February for Gallinari to get back.

Asik for Ryan Anderson also would be interesting as would the sign-and-trade of Asik for Smith.

Who would you rather have at this point in time, Howard or Asik?

exarkun

Dwight and Asik together would amaze with the bloc party that would go on. Of course, the offense would suck, but goddamn. We will prolly end up trading Asik next year though, when his salary is due to ramp up.

thekad

Banned

Eh I don't think I like Gallinari at the 4. Anderson's good, but I have no problem sitting on Asik until Love or Aldridge are on the block.

KingGondo

Banned
Same way Presti The Genius was gonna pay for Westbroke, Larden, Iblocka, and Durant.

lol
Presti acknowledged that signing Harden to the deal we offered him would have been a temporary move anyways. We would have had to trade someone in two years max to stay out of the luxury tax.

Seriously though, Rox fans are delusional if they think they can sign Love or LMA in addition to Harden and Dwight. Getting so greedy all of a sudden.

I'd like to see how Harden fits with Lin and Howard, but personally I still think Dirk would be his best match. We all saw how well Dirk and Tyson were together, I can only think that Howard and Dirk would be able to replicate that play plus more.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Asik for Ryan Anderson also would be interesting

god I wish. I wish so bad. I will now be incredibly disappointed if this doesn't happen.

KingGondo

Banned
...Pay the luxury tax? It's not like the Rockets would be the Nets. Morey continuously finds minimum players who put up MLE production.
The Rox aren't in the same boat as the Lakers, Nets and Knicks. Even the Heat are probably gonna adjust their roster because of how nasty the new CBA's tax consequences are.

I don't know if Davis is a PF in this version of the league and they are probably going to draft Len anyway though

thekad

Banned
The Rox aren't in the same boat as the Lakers, Nets and Knicks. Even the Heat are probably gonna adjust their roster because of how nasty the new CBA's tax consequences are.
Houston is like the fifth biggest market and Les Alexander is filthy rich. The luxury tax wouldn't hit for a couple years and wouldn't stop the front office from fielding a super team and perennial contender.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
don't you wanna rub it in giri's face?

Why? It's not like I disagreed with him in theory. I was only arguing that unlike everyone else it's not like Ujiri didn't know about Toronto and what's going on here. Toronto is still one of the worst organizations in the league hopefully Ujiri can help guide us towards something better.

But fine...

YEEEEAAAAAH EAT MY DICK GIRI!!!!

Eat it with a side salad so the meal is still healthy and you don't end up having too much problems with extra cholesterol!

giri

Why? It's not like I disagreed with him in theory. I was only arguing that unlike everyone else it's not like Ujiri didn't know about Toronto and what's going on here. Toronto is still one of the worst organizations in the league hopefully Ujiri can help guide us towards something better.

But fine...

YEEEEAAAAAH EAT MY DICK GIRI!!!!

Eat it with a side salad so the meal is still healthy and you don't end up having too much problems with extra cholesterol!

lol.

fair enough too.

Marvin Williams having heel surgery, out until December. Not a huge loss, but he's breaking down pretty badly and this probably guarantees that he doesn't opt out...

Kevtones

Houston gets:
Wes Matthews
Rights to the stock-rising European guy
Pick 10

Portland gets:
Omer Asik
Thomas Robinson
Royce White (lol?)

Top Bottom