• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

I'd like to see how Harden fits with Lin and Howard, but personally I still think Dirk would be his best match. We all saw how well Dirk and Tyson were together, I can only think that Howard and Dirk would be able to replicate that play plus more.

No super star is going to Dallas. Cuban is going to have to build the team through trades and signing good to great role players like he did before. The Dirk/Dwight pairing makes the most sense (and Dallas could probably sign very good role players to compliment those two), but Dwight Howard is an idiot.

jehuty

So the bucks signed Larry Drew to be the head coach. This was Hammond decision too.............. I just don't get it. It's like Herb kohl wants to torture Milwaukee. Us few Bucks fans can only hope now that Reddick, Jennings, and Ellis all leave. That's the only way that the bucks have any shot at being relevant. Drew will make sure Henson doesn't get any playing time too. Ugh. At least this guarantees that Jsmoove doesn't sign to Milwaukee.......Who am I kidding, Hammond the same bonehead that traded Tobias Harris will find a way to screw this up. I'm seriously considering just waving a white flag and going to any fan base that would accept me :(

So the bucks signed Larry Drew to be the head coach. This was Hammond decision too.............. I just don't get it. It's like Herb kohl wants to torture Milwaukee. Us few Bucks fans can only hope now that Reddick, Jennings, and Ellis all leave. That's the only way that the bucks have any shot at being relevant. Drew will make sure Henson doesn't get any playing time too. Ugh. At least this guarantees that Jsmoove doesn't sign to Milwaukee.......Who am I kidding, Hammond the same bonehead that traded Tobias Harris will find a way to screw this up. I'm seriously considering just waving a white flag and going to any fan base that would accept me :(

Join me. We'll welcome you with open arms. :3

giri

huh.

Why wouldn't you want to keep reddick?

thekad

Banned
No super star is going to Dallas. Cuban is going to have to build the team through trades and signing good to great role players like he did before. The Dirk/Dwight pairing makes the most sense (and Dallas could probably sign very good role players to compliment those two), but Dwight Howard is an idiot.
An idiot for not wanting to tie himself to a 35 year old?

As other potential candidates have gotten hired for head coaching jobs, the Clippers have continued their search for a replacement for Vinny Del Negro by having preliminary discussions with several people in the last few days.

The Clippers recently have reached out to one of their top choices, Indiana associate head coach Brian Shaw, said two NBA executives who were not authorized to speak publicly on the matter.

The Clippers were given permission to speak to Shaw by Indiana's front office, one executive said. Shaw, whose Pacers team is playing the Miami Heat in the Eastern Conference finals, told the Clippers that he's very interested in the job, the executive said.

The Clippers also called former Cleveland Cavaliers coach Byron Scott, the executive said, and was told that he too is interested. Scott, who was fired by the Cavaliers after the season and is owned about $4 million for next season, coached Chris Paul when both were with the New Orleans Hornets.

ESPN analyst and former NBA coach Jeff Van Gundy also had preliminary discussions with the Clippers, the executive said, and was said to have an interest in the job.

Alvin Gentry, a former coach of the Phoenix Suns and the Clippers, has talked with the team about the job and expressed his interest, two executives said.

Another name that popped up was former Utah Jazz coach Jerry Sloan. Sloan's representatives called the Clippers about the opening, one executive said, but he appears to have backed away from trying to land the job.

The saga continues...

An idiot for not wanting to tie himself to a 35 year old?

Dirk averaged nearly 18 points a game last year coming off of major knee surgery and playing with a bunch of one year contract players. He'll play for at least another 4 years. He is the ideal player for Dwight because Dirk will open up the lane for him and the floor spacing will be fantastic. Dwight played his best ball with Ryan Anderson and Dirk is a way better player than him. The Aski/Howard rumor combo makes zero sense.

Not to mention that Dirk said he'll take major pay cuts to make the team better. So yes, Dirk is old, but he's willing to sacrifice money and touches to win. He's one of the few players that will back away and be fine with Dwight being the face of the franchise.

Police say former NBA All-Star guard Daron "Mookie" Blaylock is on life support after a car crash in suburban Atlanta.

Clayton County police spokesman Clarence Cox says Blaylock was driving in Jonesboro on Friday when his SUV crossed the center line and hit a van head on.

Cox says Blaylock was airlifted to the Atlanta Medical Center where he was in critical condition Friday night.

Cox says the man and woman riding in the van were also taken to the medical center. Their names and conditions were not immediately available.

The 46-year-old Blaylock was a first-round draft pick by the New Jersey Nets out of Oklahoma in 1989. He played for the Atlanta Hawks between 1992 and 1999 and the Golden State Warriors for the last three seasons of his 12-year career.

:( :( :(

SamuraiX-

Nice to see Ujiri not fucking around. Happy for Raptors fans. I think the team has a lot of potential. One or two trades and a decent coach away from being a perennial Top 6 Playoffs seed.

wtf at your avi adam

Waiting for DY to re-baptize me.

Z2DBgRx.png

From CN. I hope we get a coach in place soon before the draft and hope we resign CP3 soon too.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
FOX Sports Ohio sources also seconded reports that the Cavs have made a couple of inquiries about Portland Trail Blazers power forward LaMarcus Aldridge. The Blazers, however, have repeatedly turned the Cavs away. A Portland source said the team has no interest in Tristan Thompson, Dion Waiters or draft picks, and plans to keep Aldridge.

Tristan and Waiters for LaMarcus? lol.

thekad

Banned
I would probably trade LMA for #1 and Tristan/Waiters. The Blazers are going to be in the lottery for the foreseeable future so LMA is gonna be gone in 2015 anyway.

Also, I'm sort of liking IWMTB's Asik for Gallo trade idea. Apparently, Gallo is much better at the 4 than the 3 and would be easily movable down the line.

reilo

I would probably trade LMA for #1 and Tristan/Waiters. The Blazers are going to be in the lottery for the foreseeable future so LMA is gonna be gone in 2015 anyway.

That's not what the Cavs are offering though. That's something you consider, I think. But straight up for Tristan and Dion? Nah. Portland is as small as it is already, replacing LMA with Tristan would be a disaster.

That's not what the Cavs are offering though. That's something you consider, I think. But straight up for Tristan and Dion? Nah. Portland is as small as it is already, replacing LMA with Tristan would be a disaster.

I don't see why fit would matter for the Blazers if they trade LMA. Bad teams just need to acquire a bunch of talented players, see who develops, and if there's an overlap of position or skillset, trade one of the guys (and you'll probably be able to get a good deal back since young players who are good are super valuable). Also, if the Blazers went for that trade, they'd also probably start Leonard next to Thompson and that frontcourt's last worry is size (just every other aspect of basketball though I still believe in Leonard four years from now).

thekad

Banned
reilo: Even better. Embrace the tank. Plus Noel is 7'0".

LALiveOfficial ‏@LALiveOfficial 20h
@DwightHoward spotted eating at local restaurant with Chandler Parsons and other members of the Houston Rockets. pic.twitter.com/JxuiOjHB4U

reilo

I don't see why fit would matter for the Blazers if they trade LMA. Bad teams just need to acquire a bunch of talented players, see who develops, and if there's an overlap of position or skillset, trade one of the guys (and you'll probably be able to get a good deal back since young players who are good are super valuable).

I wasn't talking about fit, I was talking about size. Tristan obviously fits if LMA is gone, but we just went through the whole JJ Hickson experiment.

Also, if the Blazers went for that trade, they'd also probably start Leonard next to Thompson and that frontcourt's last worry is size (just every other aspect of basketball though I still believe in Leonard four years from now).

Right, which is what worries me. This is probably the perfect summer to trade LMA. But not for Tristan Thompson and Dion Waiters.

I wasn't talking about fit, I was talking about size. Tristan obviously fits if LMA is gone, but we just went through the whole JJ Hickson experiment.

Right, which is what worries me. This is probably the perfect summer to trade LMA. But not for Tristan Thompson and Dion Waiters.

I don't see how the size of the rest of the Blazers' team will matter for the next year or two though since the team will be tanking. I don't think Thompson+Waiters or Thompson+Oladipo (since the Blazers wouldn't take Noel if they get the #1 pick) is that good of value for LMA, but it's OK value and I don't know if they'll do any better at the deadline or next offseason.

cacophony

@DwightHoward spotted eating at local restaurant with Chandler Parsons and other members of the Houston Rockets. pic.twitter.com/JxuiOjHB4U

damn Chandler going full on charming Dwight

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Just don't acquire the #1 pick and take Noel

Portland doesn't want anything to do with any number 1 pick. Fuck around they take Noel and he plays 82 games over a 5 year career.....

Chandler Parsons is seducing Dwight as we speak......

dwight in houston is basically confirmed at this point, it's just like when he was fraternizing with la locals and going to dodgers games last summer

I'm not surprised if he goes to Houston. He fits in really well with those guys. They want to win but they are about tight knit friendship and having fun first, which is basically Dwight to a tee.

I still think you do a sign and trade of Asik to Atlanta for Smith. Smith won't get the max but I don't see anyone offering it to him at this point and Asik is a good player for either a rebuild or winning as he only adds wins depending on what's around him.

rox will probably be at least a 4 seed next year with dwight there, possibly higher as I suspect he'll learn to like basketball again

they do need to permanently bench jeremy alston for beverley though

rox will probably be at least a 4 seed next year with dwight there, possibly higher as I suspect he'll learn to like basketball again

they do need to permanently bench jeremy alston for beverley though

They were a +3.5 team last year with Patrick Patterson and Greg Smith playing a lot so they could be a top 4 seed even without Dwight if either Terrence Jones or Donuts becomes a good PF (especially since the Nuggets and Clippers are going to be a good bit worse next year). I think they'd probably be second in the West with a motivated and healthy Dwight (assuming they got a good player for Asik).

reilo

AWoj said:
For Brooklyn, Lionel Hollins and Indiana assistant Brian Shaw are primary focuses of search, sources tell Y! Shaw could be strongest.

Top Bottom