• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Beasley minus the weed/bipolar problems was a top 2 player in his own draft doe

That's because he had a higher ceiling/potential. Im saying if Beasley was what he is now, in terms of production and play, he'd be a top 5 player in this draft. Dude isn't a 1 or 2 but he's got some talent.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Saric finally starts playing well and is now talking about pulling out of the draft, fffffff

That boy is scared, cause all the draft boards have him rising so where he will be drafted shouldn't be an issue.

That's why I called him beasley. He is like Beasley as we know him now.

I don't think Larkin will translate to the NBA well. He's gonna have a hell of a time getting his jumper off.

Where are you hearing this stuff from about mitchell. I know his motor is questionable but you hope on a playoff team full of vets he gets around that. Plus Woodson has a pretty good ability to get hardheaded players to produce. Its not like he is royce white levels of "troubled".

Also Larkin's wingspan is pretty bad. What is barea's or the new Isiah Thomas's wingspans?

Yeah, it is incredible. Justin Lin has gotten really good at making these movies. Shame Universal is fast tracking 7 for next summer.

It's awful how they forced him out by pushing for F7 to be out next year.

I have little faith in the Saw 1-6 director.

Tokyo Drift still rocks though. Anyone who disagrees can come at me.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
It's awful how they forced him out by pushing for F7 to be out next year.

I have little faith in the Saw 1-6 director.

Tokyo Drift still rocks though. Anyone who disagrees can come at me.

Tokyo Drift is my favorite one. (Or maybe that's the first. I change my mind all the time.) I really love the soundtrack.

But, yeah, James Wan? The guy has really only done horror movies, right? I don't have much faith that he can handle a franchise as big and dumb and loud as this, either.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Beasley averaged over 26/12 a game in college his freshman year.. and shot 53% and 37%

He might be the number one pick in this draft

Beasley averaged over 26/12 a game in college his freshman year.. and shot 53% and 37%

He might be the number one pick in this draft

If he had just had the Freshman season in college, then sure, he would definitely be the #1 pick. As of right now though, he has negative value and is probably heading to China soon.

Also Larkin's wingspan is pretty bad. What is barea's or the new Isiah Thomas's wingspans?

thomas' is 6'1 but I think barea's is as poor as larkin

and i believe chars is underrating him since he's insanely quick with the ball on his hands and can stop on a dime, he'll be able to get space for his shot + he's good in spot-ups and knows how to attack close outs. he won't be able to to defend anyone ever (even though he was great at ball pressure in college) but eh.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Letting go of Karl was a huge mistake. I find it hard to believe they're going to find a coach whos better.

Wasn't his fault they wasted all that money on Javale McGee.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Karl either retires or coaches the 76ers or the raptors.....maybe the nets but I actually think he could get the 76ers in the playoffs, whereas the raptors might end up there with a lesser coach.

Uh yeah? That was basically it. So I agree with you?

But their biggest issue is keeping CP3 in town. They should be doing whatever it takes to keep him.

That's right, they only had the worst playoff DRtg in the league this year (113.8 ffs) going against a bad offensive team.

All of their players are mediocre to bad defensively other than Bledsoe, Odom, and Barnes and none of those guys are in the Clippers long-term plans, they need a defensive coach desperately.

I also don't see why CP3 would remotely like Karl since they have hugely different ideas about pace and ball movement. They need Lionel Hollins to see if he can make Griffin and Jordan into a good defensive frontcourt.

I understand why the Clips did what they did in getting CP3, but they aren't even going to be Run n Gun Suns good in terms of how far they progress in the playoffs with their core.

Probably best for Paul and the Clips if he moves on so they can build around a max'd Griffin with strong two way players at each position.

The problem with Paul leaving the Clips is where is he going to go where he'll be on a better team? If the Pacers pulled off a Granger salary dump and signed West at a discount they would be a true contender to the Heat. There are a lot of ifs there though. If he signed with Dallas, Utah, or the Hawks he'd be in the same boat he's in now, but in worse media markets. And I would be downright shocked if Paul left LA for Indiana.

The problem with Paul leaving the Clips is where is he going to go where he'll be on a better team? If the Pacers pulled off a Granger salary dump and signed West at a discount they would be a true contender to the Heat. There are a lot of ifs there though. If he signed with Dallas, Utah, or the Hawks he'd be in the same boat he's in now, but in worse media markets. And I would be downright shocked if Paul left LA for Indiana.

It's been done before, Mark Jackson went from the Clippers to the Pacers but that was a trade

KingGondo

Banned
If CP3 wants to be remembered as anything other than a supremely talented but ringless flop artist, he needs to think about where he has the best shot of winning a chip. Indiana makes by far the most sense, IMO.

Super-soft conference (and the Heat probably won't be great for more than a couple more years), a true big man to lob to, an emerging stud in George, and a good coach. All that team is missing is an offensive initiator.

charsace

thomas' is 6'1 but I think barea's is as poor as larkin

and i believe chars is underrating him since he's insanely quick with the ball on his hands and can stop on a dime, he'll be able to get space for his shot + he's good in spot-ups and knows how to attack close outs. he won't be able to to defend anyone ever (even though he was great at ball pressure in college) but eh.

Maybe he can negate it with his speed. I just have a hard time believing he will be good at creating enough space to get a jumper off consistently because Nate does a lot of work to set up his jumpers and he's a super athlete like Larkin, but Nate has longer arms.

giri

That's right, they only had the worst playoff DRtg in the league this year (113.8 ffs) going against a bad offensive team.

All of their players are mediocre to bad defensively other than Bledsoe, Odom, and Barnes and none of those guys are in the Clippers long-term plans, they need a defensive coach desperately.

I also don't see why CP3 would remotely like Karl since they have hugely different ideas about pace and ball movement. They need Lionel Hollins to see if he can make Griffin and Jordan into a good defensive frontcourt.

I don't see Karl being a CP3 coach as he's white. And CP3 has made his feelings known about that.

But more to the point, if Blake & DJ can't get over their own ego's, realise their short comings, and work on getting better, the clippers are stuffed anyway. Carons on the down side of his career, Barnes is getting OLD (33 now, turns 34 next season). Billups is their best SG still (36, willl be 37 before next season starts). And Crawford carried their ass early in the season a lot (He's 33 now, will turn 34 during next season). And Odom still doesn't give a fuck (33 now, turns 34 in november).

Really, the best improvements that can come from that team really stem from a blake and dj being coached a lot better, but also actually realizing some of their talent. And being held accountable on the defensive end.

If CP3 wants to be remembered as anything other than a supremely talented but ringless flop artist, he needs to think about where he has the best shot of winning a chip. Indiana makes by far the most sense, IMO.

Super-soft conference (and the Heat probably won't be great for more than a couple more years), a true big man to lob to, an emerging stud in George, and a good coach. All that team is missing is an offensive initiator.

CP3 on the pacers would be a disaster. For the pacers that is.

watched some shane larkin tape earlier, i think he could be okay even if his wingspan is insanely poor (5'10" lololololol). ultra quick, pnr guards who can shoot should be able to find a place in the league even if they are 5'11.

it's been confirmed for a while now

he's been going on playdates with parsons chandler and thereby continuing to torment darkside

Kobe gettin the closing arguments doe

" I'm all in for Week 1 Dwight :>"

" So "

" huh, we gonna have the full squad together from week 1 on baby, championship!"

" I gotta do whats best for me and my family Kobe "

CP3 on the pacers would be a disaster. For the pacers that is.

Really don't see how this could be remotely true. They have a bad offense because they have no PG, have no ball handlers, have no shot creators, and turn the ball over a ton. CP3 excels in every area where the Pacers suck and they can move Hill to SG and Stephenson to the bench without creating any issues. I'm not sure what could go wrong.

Baby Milo

makes sense i don't see it happening though

giri

Really don't see how this could be remotely true. They have a bad offense because they have no PG, have no ball handlers, have no shot creators, and turn the ball over a ton. CP3 excels in every area where the Pacers suck and they can move Hill to SG and Stephenson to the bench without creating any issues. I'm not sure what could go wrong.

Because CP3 is a dick of a team mate and terrible for team chemistry. Something that a young pacers team rely heavily on. Given his history of undermining coaches i don't see the point of bringing a guy like that, into that locker room.

And they'll have D.West as a character reference to go to first hand.

And he can't switch on defense like G.Hill can, which the pacers take advantage of a lot.

And you're relying on the pacers changing their offense to be something other than fuckball to accommodate CP3. Again, something i'm not sure vogel is going to be all that interested in.

CP3 seems like an "on paper fit". But he seems like an "on paper fit" into just about any team. And the things he does on the court, for the most part as long as he didn't keep falling in love with his own iso's late in game despite having hibbert, george, granger, and west on the floor, would be largely beneficial.

But CP3 wants to "run HIS team". And the pacers would never work as "HIS team".

Because CP3 is a dick of a team mate and terrible for team chemistry. Something that a young pacers team rely heavily on. Given his history of undermining coaches i don't see the point of bringing a guy like that, into that locker room.

And they'll have D.West as a character reference to go to first hand.

And he can't switch on defense like G.Hill can, which the pacers take advantage of a lot.

And you're relying on the pacers changing their offense to be something other than fuckball to accommodate CP3. Again, something i'm not sure vogel is going to be all that interested in.

CP3 seems like an "on paper fit". But he seems like an "on paper fit" into just about any team. And the things he does on the court, for the most part as long as he didn't keep falling in love with his own iso's late in game despite having hibbert, george, granger, and west on the floor, would be largely beneficial.

But CP3 wants to "run HIS team". And the pacers would never work as "HIS team".

The Pacers would work fine as his team. CP3 controlling the ball most of the time offensively won't make George or Hibbert less awesome defensively and it's not like either guy is special on offense (both guys bordered on bad offensively during the regular season). The Pacers offense is how it is because none of the Pacers players can dribble and they could run traditional, vanilla stuff fine with CP3. Their defense would suffer a bit, but the offensive gain would make up for it easily.

I think since Vogel and his team have survived having Lance Stephenson on the team without issues that he'll be able to handle CP3.

dalVlatko

“We don’t want to settle for no 7- or 8-seed,” Waiters said. “We could probably be a 6-seed or something like that. We just got to work hard and believe in each other and have each other’s backs and just play.”
League is on notice

Top Bottom