• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

giri

The Pacers would work fine as his team. CP3 controlling the ball most of the time offensively won't make George or Hibbert less awesome defensively and it's not like either guy is special on offense (both guys bordered on bad offensively during the regular season). The Pacers offense is how it is because none of the Pacers players can dribble and they could run traditional, vanilla stuff fine with CP3. Their defense would suffer a bit, but the offensive gain would make up for it easily.

I think since Vogel and his team have survived having Lance Stephenson on the team without issues that he'll be able to handle CP3.

Lance is a cancer to himself, not the team.

He'd be terrible on the pacers.

Pacers have D.West to get a character reference from someone that has played with him. So all my supposition can be thrown out the window.

And pacers have guys who can create their own shot. And G.Hill can dribble fine. Their offence is just terrible, but for a reason. A dumb reason. But a reason none the less.

linsivvi

The best place for CP3 is obviously the original team that traded for him....

Karl would be a good coach for the Clippers though.

giri

Too early? Are the Knicks in the Finals?

Also Karl to the Griz?

Not enough wings on the griz for Karl.

I've not seen a lot of Karl pre-denver, but would he even know what to do offensively with that team?

No like its too early to know if we need to replace JR or not

He opted out, and the knicks are very restricted in what they can offer in terms of $ due to being so far over the cap.

If he's really just going for $ due to the 6MOTY award you're pretty boned.

It's JR tho, so who the f knows whats going through his head. If anything.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Basically also who knows what happens he either takes the 5 or some non playotf team offers him more to be their pseudo scorer/starter sg. Hawks being the most likely to do it imho.

charsace

Karl, like Sloan, ran into Jackson and Jordan. Karl isn't as bad as people make him out to be. He hasn't had a fully fleshed out roster since his days in Seattle.

Am I crazy for wanting the Pistons to trade down and draft Schoeder?

The Pistons need a point guard and from what I've seen he looks better than MCW and McCollum (stop drafting combo guards).

This draft is ugly in the top 10.

The Pistons need a point guard and from what I've seen he looks better than MCW and McCollum (stop drafting combo guards).

You are crazy. Draft Shabazz after he inevitably drops to you. It doesn't matter if he's a 2 or a 3 because your wings are all terrible. I wouldn't give up on Knight yet and if you resign Calderon too you'll be pretty solid at point.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Not enough wings on the griz for Karl.

I've not seen a lot of Karl pre-denver, but would he even know what to do offensively with that team?

Coach Karl ran his pre-Denver Os through the post exclusively. Seattle Karl posted his PF PG SF in that order in almost every half court set

But I would rather see JVG in Memphis

Zeus Molecules

Please take Reggie or Dieng if they are there Knicks...

Have faith in the scouting. Its not mentioned much but knicks have on of the few fully funded scouting system left and they are bring all prospects in for scrimmages. Even if they dont who they want they will likely get a good player.

benjipwns

Banned

Burke seems to be slipping some, Joe D probably can't resist. (Cleaves)

I wouldn't mind being patient and swapping with the Hawks for their back to back picks. Or Jazz for their two.

PG, backup big and the wing will solve themselves when Paul, Jefferson and Iguodala sign.

JoeFu

Banned
I keep reading the Mavs want to trade their 13th pick, but it looks like there are actually some decent PG's and stuff there. They seemed to like the French center as well, but probably going to unload players and trade the pick for a small chance to get Dwight or CP3 which won't happen.

Now I'm reading they may go after Granny Danger? I don't get it.

Also finals thread is garbage, holy crap.

Zeus Molecules

I keep reading the Mavs want to trade their 13th pick, but it looks like there are actually some decent PG's and stuff there. They seemed to like the French center as well, but probably going to unload players and trade the pick for a small chance to get Dwight or CP3 which won't happen.

Now I'm reading they may go after Granny Danger? I don't get it.

Also finals thread is garbage, holy crap.

If it wasnt for Granger's long term health concerns I would say as long as they they take back the Pacers first round pick and another roleplayer that would be a steal. Granger does have health issues so yeah thats not a good trade.

Also I love finals thread heat age not being arrogant pricks for one second has allowed the laker age dellusional egos to fill the void. Spurs age being spurs fan barely even talking trash.... its like the fans have become representatives of the franchises.

Knicks Friday workouts:
• Ricardo Ledo, Guard, 6-6, 180, Providence, Freshman

• Tahj Tate, Guard, 6-4, 190, Delaware State, Sophomore

• Adonis Thomas, Guard/Forward, 6-7, 240, Memphis, Sophomore

• Christian Watford, Forward, 6-9, 232, Indiana, Senior

• Tony Mitchell, Forward, 6-8, 235, North Texas, Sophomore

• Grant Jerrett, Forward, 6-10, 235, Arizona, Freshman
Outside of Mitchell (DO NOT WANT), alot of mid-2nd rounders/guys who may not be drafted.

dalVlatko

Alex Len is number 1 on Draftexpress...

No Chris Grant, noooooooooooo

edit: Noel is still number 1 on their mock but for some reason Len went up to number 1 on the prospect list...

Alex Len is number 1 on Draftexpress...

No Chris Grant, noooooooooooo

Damn, I was really hoping we could trade back and still draft him. If the Wizards don't draft Bennett and we stay at 4 he'll probably be our pick. And I've soured on him unfortunately, I'd rather have Len.

Edit: soured on him when I learned Bennett missed significant time due to injury his junior and senior years. Couple that with his asthma and conditioning issues and I envision a good bench big, but not a starter. He'd still probably be our best big though, so I won't be pissed if we take him. I like him a hell of a lot more than McLemore, I will be pissed if we draft him.

You guys are right about the finals thread, because damn...I wonder if Vag is as insufferable in real life as he is on this forum? Dude would argue with Kobe himself if he told Vag he wasn't a literal god.

Yes please, it's insufferable

Cosigned.

On potentially changing the Raptors' name: "We're definitely going to take a look at it. It doesn't mean we're committed to it. It means it's a good conversation. I saw those generic uniforms today in the paper. ... That won't be the uniform, by the way. I can assure you of that. I think we need to have this conversation."

Eh?

If the Cavs stay put and take Len some interesting trades would be likely to follow. The Wizards in particular would probably be in a position to dump a bad player or two on the Wolves for some combo of Ridnour, the number 9 pick, and D Will. They could get Wall's pick and pop guy and draft a non D Leaguer like McCollum to back up Wall.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Call me crazy but keep the Raptors name but change the colours to the colours of pretty much all the Toronto teams*: Blue and White.

*TFC doesn't count.

I wouldn't mind a recolouring. I miss the ol' purple, but blue + white would fit right in as you say. Of course, we should really redesign the Raptor to have feathers, right?
RIGHT?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I wouldn't mind a recolouring. I miss the ol' purple, but blue + white would fit right in as you say. Of course, we should really redesign the Raptor to have feathers, right?
RIGHT?

Ugh! It's the only thing I'm actually worried about. Don't do it MLSE! Stay scale!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Ugh! It's the only thing I'm actually worried about. Don't do it MLSE! Stay scale!

It would make the best mascot though. And it would give children nightmares.

ih7dAR4vTHgNz.jpg

Blackace

Huskies is better than all the new names in the NBA

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Portland worked out Cody Zeller today.

Didn't we go through this shit with Meyers Leonard a year ago? What's the point?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
AWoj said:
As SBJ reports, Kevin Durant left agent Rob Pelinka for Jay-Z's Roc Nation. "He doesn't want a traditional NBA agent anymore," source says.

Blackace

I still like the hornets, if you want to consider 89 new, but yeah, Huskies is much better than the fucking Raptors. So 90's.
Hornets was ok

All things considered

Combined with the hive court and pinstripe unis it was dope

Top Bottom