• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Getting Love back should help a lot, and Oladipo isn't a terrible shooter. When he was left open last year he was a pretty good shooter. He and Rubio in the backcourt during fastbreaks and on D would be awesome to watch.

Even with Love healthy, he's the only guy currently under contract that I'd say can actually shoot. I hope we re-sign Budinger, but that's not a given. We really need shooters.

Hopefully Rubio is able to consistently make layups this season.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. He doesn't seem to know how to use his body and position himself for a layup. He does so many other things so well that I don't really care, though.

Jarlaxle

In the short term yea, but Porter projects to be the better two way player in the long run.

Ilyasova trade won't happen. Nice player but not worth Porter.

Beyond that the trade isn't even possible from a salary perspective.

It's worth entertaining if Noel and Porter are off the board though.
You believe Cleveland will actually pick Porter #1?

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/210607001.html
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel has learned that discussions were held to extend [Monta] Ellis’ deal with the Bucks but no agreement was reached.

As part of the discussions the Bucks offered the 27-year-old guard a two-year extension through the 2015-’16 season, resulting in a total package of nearly $36 million over three years, according to a source. Ellis would have been required to opt in to get the additional two years on the deal.

3/36 for Ellis is hilarious.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
RT @MettaWorldPeace: Yal wanna know how I go to sleep every night when my baby not here? Yal want to know Spartans?
Yes or no. Do you want to know cupcake?huh?

I can't believe Anthony Bennett is still in the top 4 on ESPN's big board after teams have been able to watch tape of his "defense." He's spectacularly bad in every way. Never makes good decisions, almost never tries, really bad fundamentals, really bad size...And those defensive issues point to potential offensive issues in the NBA once he's no longer bigger and more athletic than everyone else.

Ben McLemore has at least slid out of the top 5 on their board though.

So I just popped in the Finals thread to read the last page...

Ow.

Thanks for the stats clarification earlier, dudes.

Meh doe, meh I say.

Apparently we have MCW number 1 on our big board.'

why god? what have I done? I didn't even troll.

Hinkie drafting purely on stats would be disappointing. At least you'll be able to guess which player the 76ers draft in the next few years based on who has the most blocks+assists+steals at the 76ers draft spot though. (I'm so glad that MCW is rising on draft boards away from the Jazz)

Hinkie drafting purely on stats would be disappointing. At least you'll be able to guess which player the 76ers draft in the next few years based on who has the most blocks+assists+steals at the 76ers draft spot though. (I'm so glad that MCW is rising on draft boards away from the Jazz)

we don't even need him too.

He is basically Turner with more hops, worst jumper, and the tendency to steal things instead of cutting himself.

and even if we move Turner (looks likely), it still makes no sense with Jrue.

...well at least he isn't Plumlee...right?

I think God is punishing you for you trying to take your punishment in your hands. Like cutting yourself

;_;

I think Adams would be a no brainer for Philadelphia. With a pick like this they really need to go for the highest possible upside player and at that pick its Adams without a doubt.

The Ilyasova trade rumor is about the dumbest thing I can think of. Unless they want to give me Sanders, I'm not interested.

We're not moving a #3 overall for a bench player. the Okafor/Nene frontcourt is set.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Sources: Jason Kidd chasing Nets' coaching job
201306031153428042987-p2.jpeg

wut

Vahagn Heavy konex tripleu pimpwerx shadowlark dancingjudas
occasionally clovis
to name a few. BESTgaf has a long history of thread shitters.

Typically the offseason has better discussion for longer compared to the regular season due to casuals and badnwagoners losing interest.

Vag is one of the best posters in this thread. Makes coherent, well-written points and doesn't back down from the mob.

diehard

Fleer
Vag is one of the best posters in this thread. Makes coherent, well-written points and doesn't back down from the mob.

You can make coherent, well-written posts with no trolling without having said posts be full of dumb opinions and fanboy-isms.

IWMTB is a good example.

I think Adams would be a no brainer for Philadelphia. With a pick like this they really need to go for the highest possible upside player and at that pick its Adams without a doubt.

The Ilyasova trade rumor is about the dumbest thing I can think of. Unless they want to give me Sanders, I'm not interested.

We're not moving a #3 overall for a bench player. the Okafor/Nene frontcourt is set.

Agreed, it would fuck up your salary cap too.

Edit: We are definitely going to have to go after a good big soon, but I was hoping we'd wait until next offseason and go for Monroe or Cousins when they become RFAs. Or if not that try to trade for Aldridge or Horford. I definitely don't want Bosh.

nerlens-workout.jpg

I don't know anything about arthroscopic knee surgery, but that is one damn big scar. He's still got some swelling too.

edit: the Bosh trade rumor seems like fabricated BS from a salty sports writer in Boston, trying to sow discord in Miami's locker-room.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Yeah, I understand him fine. I'm not trying to blow the guy or anything, he's a good poster that gets disregarded as a troll.

Anything non-Kobe related he aiight

But the guy is quick to move goal post in every discussion

Making his point incoherent

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Everything he says about Kobe is fair and usually backed up with stats/facts/numbers. It's fun to crap on Kobe here tho
lol sure

No one shits on Kobe

Saying he is the 8th or 9th greatest player to ever play the game of basketball is shitting on him

Gtfo please

Top Bottom