• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

KingGondo

Banned
Does anyone believe the rumors of Doc Rivers taking a year off? Only person I see reporting it is Chris "Sources Tell Me God Hates Gays" Broussard.

Maybe he can come to OKC after Brooks is fired next season.

Wiz fans raged at a recent report where Ves is pissed at the FO for wanting him to gain 20 pounds of muscle from his rookie weight.

Um...they want him to do that because it's the only way he can stay in the league.

He's no AK or Gerald Wallace. He's 6'11. He can't slash because his handle is terrible at that height and he's considerably worse as a shooter than both of those guys.

He's absolutely a PF in the NBA. He can use his length to defend PF's well along with his quickness and is a great passer inside. His inability to score with the ball becomes less of an issue because as a 4 he can be a roll man or get offensive rebounds and put backs.

Problem is he can't actually defend 4's because of how weak and skinny he is. That's why they want him to bulk up.

But to think Ves can play the three...it's laughable.

and yall actually looked like a competent team for once when Wall came back.

we'll see where his heads at next year

I'm worried because he's getting paid, got his third shoe in three years and looks like he's been doing nothing but getting tats and fucking bitches the entire off-season so far.

To be fair thats all Harden does and he's really good still but we'll see..

CHARLOTTE, NC—Bobcats owner Michael Jordan announced Wednesday that he has officially hired Patrick Ewing as the team’s assistant coach purely to watch the former New York Knicks center lose more. “I’m thrilled to add Patrick to the coaching staff, and I am very happy to once again be the person responsible for Patrick losing game after game after game,” said Jordan, adding that much like their heated rivalry in the 1990s, Jordan will have a front row seat to watch Ewing consistently fail on the basketball court. “I’m incredibly confident that with our roster of players, and under the tutelage of our head coach, Steve Clifford, Patrick will be frustrated, upset, and constantly question whether or not his team is good enough to reach the playoffs, let alone win an NBA Title. Putting him through that kind psychological torment again couldn’t excite me more.” Sources later confirmed Jordan was also in negotiations to bring on former Cleveland Cavaliers guard Craig Ehlo so that he could “make that guy’s life a living hell all over again too.”

lol

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Does anyone believe the rumors of Doc Rivers taking a year off? Only person I see reporting it is Chris "Sources Tell Me God Hates Gays" Broussard.

Maybe he can come to OKC after Brooks is fired next season.

Man I would prefer it if he just jumped ship and went to the grizzlies. That right there would be amazing.

DominoKid

Competent how?

competent as in (better than the Bobcats :p) not a fucking embarassment to the game
But Nene and the supporting cast couldn't save Washington from compiling an abysmal mark without Wall. By the time the electric point guard made his debut on Jan. 12, the Wizards were staring at an unsightly 5-28 record.

But once Wall came back on the floor, he clearly had no intentions of ever leaving it again. He's played all 44 games since making his return, guiding Washington to a 24-20 mark along the way. Nene was around for 38 of those games, 22 of them resulting in Wizards wins.

So on the season, Washington holds a 22-16 mark when both Wall and Nene play, good enough for a .579 winning percentage—the same such mark as the fourth-seeded Brooklyn Nets.

And it hasn't been a case of just feasting on a generous schedule. In fact, those same Nets are among the nine different playoff teams that Wall, Nene and the rest of the Wizards have handled over the past three months.

KingGondo

Banned
Man I would prefer it if he just jumped ship and went to the grizzlies. That right there would be amazing.
If the Czzz make smart additions they'll be contending quicker than the Grizz will in the West.

I honestly don't think Memphis has much of a chance of chipping as long as the Spurs and Thunder are healthy. Their defense is excellent but they struggle to score. Also, Z-Bo is approaching the back side of his career.

If the Czzz make smart additions they'll be contending quicker than the Grizz will in the West.

I honestly don't think Memphis has much of a chance of chipping as long as the Spurs and Thunder are healthy. Their defense is excellent but they struggle to score. Also, Z-Bo is approaching the back side of his career.

What? The Celtics have almost no core pieces (depending on your opinion of Rondo and whether or not he'll leave a team that will have gone through back-to-back 20 win seasons) and will have to go through a complete rebuild with a horrible cap situation. The Celtics are four years away from contending for the playoffs again if Pierce and KG are gone next year.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
competent as in (better than the Bobcats :p) not a fucking embarassment to the game

He was the same dumbass he was before he got hurt. The rest of the team was playing better defense and there were generally better players around him but okay.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

Czzz arent getting better any time soon. Though I actually think they should just go into full reboot mode (maybe get into that wiggins/parker race) I feel their loyalty to pierce is going to have them take the longer rebuild route. Grizzlies are contenders in my opinion now and the immediate future as well.

I don't have a dog in the fight but I'd be salty if I were a Nets fan.

I mean, if there were a team in the league that didn't need a buddy buddy coach it's the fucking underachieving Nets. Mike Brown and D'Antoni would have been better hires.

We're talking about a team that's massively and overwhelmingly underachieved. Guys who haven't come in and taken the game seriously like Deron. That roster was way too good to lose to the zombie bulls.

I mean ever since Deron left a hardass coach in Sloan he's done nothing but get fat and play terrible basketball.

The solution for underachieving isn't bringing in a fucking players coach that can be "one of the guys".

The idea that guys like Deron, Blatche, Joe, etc would actually fucking take Kidd seriously is hilarious to me. It's such an unprofessional hire that it's down right insulting to fans.

CJ McCollum said:
@Lockedonsports o have the tides changed from your last observation and podcast Keep watching and ask about my workout and interview Tom

David Locke (The Jazz's radio play-by-play guy) had been critical of McCollum right up until the Jazz called McCollum in for a workout and now he's positive about CJ. Locke does this on every subject (give his opinion but back-tracks on it if the Jazz go against that opinion, then usually does some terrible "research" involving very cherry-picked data to show why the Jazz are doing the right thing), but it's pretty great to see a player actually call him out for it.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
He's not exactly a young'n, but i do agree. He should have to be an assistant for 5 years first to learn all the back room stuff.

Doc Rivers and Mark Jackson did ok for themselves

With a good staff he should be covered

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
David Locke (The Jazz's radio play-by-play guy) had been critical of McCollum right up until the Jazz called McCollum in for a workout and now he's positive about CJ. Locke does this on every subject (give his opinion but back-tracks on it if the Jazz go against that opinion, then usually does some terrible "research" involving very cherry-picked data to show why the Jazz are doing the right thing), but it's pretty great to see a player actually call him out for it.

David Locke is horrible

Fucking tool

Locked on Sports

thekad

Banned
He was the same dumbass he was before he got hurt. The rest of the team was playing better defense and there were generally better players around him but okay.
Except they were as bad as the Bobcats - you know, fucking awful and embarassing - without him.

apparently Burke isn't impressing much in workouts, chad ford says he might slip into the teens on draft night

shame, i still like him though

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Someone make an embarrassing avatar for Adam already. I'm too busy to think up something proper.
So that's the excuse you use?

Everyone copes differently

At least we're not the Kings.

At least you're not getting the Kings.

benjipwns

Banned
hello-coach-splash.jpg

Yeah, I have a hard time seeing Burke slip past the Kings. He's the exact kind of player they need on that team.

If no crazy trades go down here's how I see the draft playing out:

1. Noel
2. Oladipo
3. Porter
4. Len
5. Bennett
6. Adams
7. Burke
8. Muhammad
9. McLemore
10. Dieng
11. McCollum
12. Zeller
13. Schroeder
14. Carter-Williams

I was looking at the shot locations stats for some of the guys in this draft (At Hoop-Math), and Larkin has the same at rim FG% as Burke and MCW. Maybe Larkin won't be as bad of a finisher as I think...Or maybe Burke and MCW will be terrible finishers in the NBA (probably more likely)

Yeah, I have a hard time seeing Burke slip past the Kings. He's the exact kind of player they need on that team.

If no crazy trades go down here's how I see the draft playing out:

1. Noel
2. Oladipo
3. Porter
4. Len
5. Bennett
6. Adams
7. Burke
8. Muhammad
9. McLemore
10. Dieng
11. McCollum
12. Zeller
13. Schroeder
14. Carter-Williams

You can't possibly believe McLemore is falling that far, regardless what you think of him. He'll go top 5 for sure.

Top Bottom