• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Bread

Banned
Bread, it's called risk/reward. He was projected top 5 before he got flagged with a bad back and got drafted at 21, very low risk move for Boston.

No, it's called exaggeration. If no one believed he would survive the NBA, he have been drafted. The Celtics doctors and Ainge believed his back wasn't as bad as advertised. Gronkowski fell to the Pats for the same reason, and his back hasn't been a huge issue throughout his career.

We'll see if Sullinger continues to have back troubles, it's silly to not consider him at all in the future of the Celtics as it is right now.

thekad

Banned
Doc/KG/Pierce to the Clippers for their trash and Bledsoe put them at the top of the West, I think. Ripe for injuries though.

giri

Doc/KG/Pierce to the Clippers for their trash and Bledsoe put them at the top of the West, I think. Ripe for injuries though.

Eh, i aint sold. Besides which, i think salaries never match unless the clippers trade everyone except CP3 & Blake.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
No, it's called exaggeration. If no one believed he would survive the NBA, he have been drafted. The Celtics doctors and Ainge believed his back wasn't as bad as advertised. Gronkowski fell to the Pats for the same reason, and his back hasn't been a huge issue throughout his career.

We'll see if Sullinger continues to have back troubles, it's silly to not consider him at all in the future of the Celtics as it is right now.

Untrue.

Guys who are timebombs get drafted all the time. Some survive and defy odds, some don't and flame out right on schedule.

thekad

Banned
Eh, i aint sold. Besides which, i think salaries never match unless the clippers trade everyone except CP3 & Blake.

I think Jordan/Butler/Bledsoe/Green is enough. KG/Pierce add up to $26.8 million after July 1. The Clippers package adds up $23 million which is plenty and leaves them with CP3, Billups, Pierce, Griffin, KG, Crawford, Barnes and Odom's bird rights, and the MLE.

They might need to sign someone to hang out with Blake though.

Cipherr

Kidd as coach.... My dude ain't even gonna take one season off? Them DUI citations must be expensive as fuck if he need the paychecks that damn bad.

Don't this dude have a family he could have spent some time with for a few years?
MW443m1.png

giri

I think Jordan/Butler/Bledsoe/Green is enough. KG/Pierce add up to $26.8 million after July 1. The Clippers package adds up $23 million which is plenty and leaves them with CP3, Billups, Pierce, Griffin, KG, Crawford, Barnes and Odom's bird rights, and the MLE.

They might need to sign someone to hang out with Blake though.

Thats one old as fuck team outside blake.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Kidd as coach.... My dude ain't even gonna take one season off? Them DUI citations must be expensive as fuck if he need the paychecks that damn bad.

Don't this dude have a family he could have spent some time with for a few years?
MW443m1.png

if you can't think of good material sometimes it is best not to post

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

KG is done.. and the west is better than the east.. so..

Bennett with an 8'9 standing reach.

People who think he's going to be a lock as an offensive force in the NBA are on crack. He's going to have to have one of the best jumpers in the league to justify being a starter.

Porter is in DC today and we're working him out. Our FO tends to leak shit once they like a guy in workouts so hopefully he kicks ass today.

Bennett with an 8'9 standing reach.

People who think he's going to be a lock as an offensive force in the NBA are on crack. He's going to have to have one of the best jumpers in the league to justify being a starter.

Porter is in DC today and we're working him out. Our FO tends to leak shit once they like a guy in workouts so hopefully he kicks ass today.

That's worse than Millsap and ties him with Griffin for smallest starting PF IIRC and I don't think he really has the explosiveness or toughness to make up for his lack of size like Millsap and Griffin can.

That's worse than Millsap and ties him with Griffin for smallest starting PF IIRC and I don't think he really has the explosiveness or toughness to make up for his lack of size like Millsap and Griffin can.

I think he could be Milsapp good offensively but their demeanors couldn't be more different. Millsap has always been a hard working, super serious guy and Bennett is kind of goofy/aloof in combination to having a horrible defensive reputation.

So basically even if Bennett is as good as Paul offensively he won't stay on the court because his D is going to be terribad.

I think he could be Milsapp good offensively but their demeanors couldn't be more different. Millsap has always been a hard working, super serious guy and Bennett is kind of goofy/aloof in combination to having a horrible defensive reputation.

So basically even if Bennett is as good as Paul offensively he won't stay on the court because his D is going to be terribad.

Yeah, Griffin and Millsap frequently struggle on D despite working hard and being smart because their size isn't good. How is Bennett going to possibly even going to reach the level of average if he has the reach of Griffin and the motor and awareness of Bargnani or Cousins? That he's climbed into the top 5 seems insane to me.

Realgm has something out about CP3 and Dwight wanting to play together.

Why not Orlando?

Cp3
McLemore
Harkless
Harris/Vucevic
Dwight

I said wow

Realgm has something out about CP3 and Dwight wanting to play together.

Why not Orlando?

Cp3
McLemore
Harkless
Harris/Vucevic
Dwight

I said wow

he's a flopper but cp3 has principles and work ethic. dwight's a fucking clown though and goes against everything rob is trying to build so I think it's unlikely to say the least lulz

I don't think any free agent wants to go to Atlanta, despite Dwight being from there. CP3 probably doesn't want to go to Indiana. I don't see him and Dwight teaming up either.

Dwight going to Houston is pretty much a done deal, right? they'll be fun to watch.

Regarding the Wolves, how good do you think they'll be next season if they avoid injury? Pek,Love and AK are a really good front court. I'm thinking they can get within the 6-8 seed next season, the bench isn't too bad.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Strikes me as a team that won't be good enough defensively to make up for their offensive short comings.

When they were healthy, they were pretty good defensively. Rubio, Kirilenko, Pekovic are all good defenders. So was Malcolm Lee, when he was filling in at the 2.

If Flip can swing a deal for somebody like Afflalo or Jared Dudley, they'll be set.

When they were healthy, they were pretty good defensively. Rubio, Kirilenko, Pekovic are all good defenders. So was Malcolm Lee, when he was filling in at the 2.

If Flip can swing a deal for somebody like Afflalo or Jared Dudley, they'll be set.

They'll be good defensively, but it's hard to be that good offensively when you have Rubio and AK47 starting together on the perimeter.

Rodeo Clown

They'll be good defensively, but it's hard to be that good offensively when you have Rubio and AK47 starting together on the perimeter.

That's why I'm hoping Flip brings in a 2 that can shoot and doesn't move up for Oladipo. All we need is adequate defense and guys that can hit 3s that Rubio will set up for them.

This should be an easy offseason. Re-sign guys that matter (Pekovic, Budinger, AK) and pick up like two shooters. We have picks and Derrick Williams to move to get this done. We can do this.

Untrue.

Guys who are timebombs get drafted all the time. Some survive and defy odds, some don't and flame out right on schedule.

To add to that, Celtics future is bleak because Sullinger and their neo scrubs may be their future not because they may not be.

None of them have shown anything that should lead anyone to believe they'll be anything more than fringe ECF 8th seeders at best going forward.

Tom Penny

To add to that, Celtics future is bleak because Sullinger and their neo scrubs may be their future not because they may not be.

None of them have shown anything that should lead anyone to believe they'll be anything more than fringe ECF 8th seeders at best going forward.

They won't even be .500 if KG and Pierce leave considering Rondo is a question mark on top of the lack of talent. I want them to blow it up and some dumb team overcompensate them for Doc.

KingGondo

Banned
Still holding out hope that one of the tanking teams will be desperate enough to take Perk off our hands.

Wonder what it would take to get Gortat? I was considering throwing in DMC as a possibility, then I saw how unbelievably horrible Sacramento's roster is and realized they're unlikely to part with their only decent player.

Bread

Banned
I don't think any Celtics fans think the team has a chance at anything more than a fringe playoff seed if the old guys leave (and that's being generous). They do have a nice core group of young players on decent contracts, and that is a good start to a short rebuild if they can find some scorer and defensive stopper in the paint.

Rodeo Clown

I keep reading that Garnett is going to get some kind of ownership stake in the Wolves whenever he retires. So he has that to look forward to, I guess.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Still holding out hope that one of the tanking teams will be desperate enough to take Perk off our hands.

Wonder what it would take to get Gortat? I was considering throwing in DMC as a possibility, then I saw how unbelievably horrible Sacramento's roster is and realized they're unlikely to part with their only decent player.

Not going to happen broheim unless a pick gets included. While his contract isn't horrible he is an old school center (who injuries further immobilized) in a 3 second or less world.

Anyhow your team is about to draft at least 1 big , possibly 2. There's no point in trading for any big until you see what you got after the draft. The thunder might be looking for a better SG before this years trade deadline.

I'm disappointed in Parker. Guys are hitting threes, Timmy is doing his thing--the onus is on him to make shit happen and he's averaging like 30 minutes a game during the last three in the fucking finals.

And I don't care about his hamstring, Wade is doing his thing and he's got potentially career ending concerns with his knee right now.

The game winning shot thing was cool and all, but he's just not doing enough considering the stage.

I'm disappointed in Parker. Guys are hitting threes, Timmy is doing his thing--the onus is on him to make shit happen and he's averaging like 30 minutes a game during the last three in the fucking finals.

And I don't care about his hamstring, Wade is doing his thing and he's got potentially career ending concerns with his knee right now.

The game winning shot thing was cool and all, but he's just not doing enough considering the stage.
chill out you got 400 on the heat, right?

George karl said:
“We won 57 games and are in a great place. Continuity, consistency, togetherness all are so much more valuable than what they have on their priority list of playing JaVale McGee or the young players. I never had a meeting where there was disappointment, in that part of it, voiced to me. I heard through whispers. I’m sorry that 57 wins doesn’t make you happy. I think it was a special season because of the connection this team has with each other and with the coaching staff and with the city. The fans like this team. The staff likes each other. And to blow up that connection is, in my opinion, extremely disrespectful to coaching.”
via Benjamin Hochman of The Denver Post

@AlexKennedyNBA
C.J. Watson will opt out of the final year of his contract. His camp has informed the Brooklyn Nets. He'll be an unrestricted free agent.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

Wrong thread.... Keep this stuff in the finals thread.

Iggy opted out of 16 million...

He's now a free agent. Do want.
Iggy wants 60 million

Andre Iguodala said:
"Players get like $50, $60 or $70 or $80 (million over multiple years), whatever the number was, they gave up a big number (in an option season by opting out)," he told Tomasson." But in the grand scheme of things, pretty much get it back. You got security.''
also, would you rather Karl or Hollins as your coach?

Top Bottom