• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

ive heard bullock could go as high as 16 to the celtics, his stock seems to be rising
FUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKK he's supposed to go mid-20s. The guy is arguably a better shooting, better defending Danny Green with good bball IQ. Projects to be a very good role player, great fit for the Knicks.

EDIT: DraftExpress' latest Mock has Bullock to Knicks. AWESOME.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
FUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKK he's supposed to go mid-20s. The guy is arguably a better shooting, better defending Danny Green with good bball IQ. Projects to be a very good role player, great fit for the Knicks.

Stats may not bear it out because Green was like a 4th or 5th option at UNC, but he was a better college player than Bullock. Granted, college performance means fuck all in the NBA
impending avatar quote
But I wouldn't assume anything from Bullock based on how Green is playing. I think Bullock has better NBA size and might can do a bit more on offense than Green. He'll be a more prototypical D and 3 player I think.

KingKong

hello-coach-splash.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K41r5eD0iXM

DominoKid

I was looking at the shot locations stats for some of the guys in this draft (At Hoop-Math), and Larkin has the same at rim FG% as Burke and MCW. Maybe Larkin won't be as bad of a finisher as I think...Or maybe Burke and MCW will be terrible finishers in the NBA (probably more likely)

Larkin is better than Burke and MCW. At everything.

Jarlaxle

Yeah, I have a hard time seeing Burke slip past the Kings. He's the exact kind of player they need on that team.

If no crazy trades go down here's how I see the draft playing out:

1. Noel
2. Oladipo
3. Porter
4. Len
5. Bennett
6. Adams
7. Burke
8. Muhammad
9. McLemore
10. Dieng
11. McCollum
12. Zeller
13. Schroeder
14. Carter-Williams

Not sure if serious

You can't possibly believe McLemore is falling that far, regardless what you think of him. He'll go top 5 for sure.

He's an average sized SG with no balls and no ability to handle the ball, he's a role player and should consider himself lucky that he played for a good coach at a good program. It's the only reason he's a lottery pick at all.

He's an average sized SG with no balls and no ability to handle the ball, he's a role player and should consider himself lucky that he played for a good coach at a good program. It's the only reason he's a lottery pick at all.

Read my post again. It doesn't matter what you think of his skills, he's guaranteed to go top 5.

I wouldn't be shocked if he was the 1st pick. Like you said, it doesn't matter what our opinion of him is. I agree, he will be a top 5 pick.

It's funny (or depressing) how interchangeable the top 5 players are, displaying how lack luster they are. If we suck again as expected, Wiggins, Parker, etc. better be the real deal and not another Shabazz hype event.

Emwitus

Czzz arent getting better any time soon. Though I actually think they should just go into full reboot mode (maybe get into that wiggins/parker race) I feel their loyalty to pierce is going to have them take the longer rebuild route. Grizzlies are contenders in my opinion now and the immediate future as well.

What? They have rondo, green, sullinger, bradley, fab and one of the top coaches in the east! They are in a better position than the knicks.

giri

What? They have rondo, green, sullinger, bradley, fab and one of the top coaches in the east! They are in a better position than the knicks.

2 of the 4 you listed don't start.

2 of the 4 are scrubs.

and there's no star.

And there's a whole bunch of incredibly flawed.

Cute.

Cause when i want to save a players career i send them to the Charlotte Hornets.

I said as expected! I namely threw that in there because we still might not suck enough to get those players. We didn't this year, picking at 5 wouldn't get us any of those guys. Granted, we'll get a new crap shoot lottery next year.

SAN ANTONIO -- The NBA's competition committee is recommending an expansion of instant replay to include block/charge calls in late-game situations. This marks the first time the league is considering using replay to examine judgment calls by the referees.

The committee met Wednesday in San Antonio during the NBA Finals. Current rules only allow officials to see if a player's feet are in the restricted area under the basket or out of it in the final two minutes of the game or in overtime.

The committee also is recommending that the league's board of governors allow replay to be used for off-the-ball fouls on inbounds plays and on made free throws.

NBA executive vice president of basketball operations Stu Jackson calls the decision to allow replay for judgment calls "significant."

Bread

Banned

2 of the 4 are scrubs.

and there's no star.

1 of those 5 is a scrub, Fab. You weren't paying attention if you think any of the other 4 are scrubs.

The Los Angeles Clippers have not formally requested permission to interview Celtics coach Doc Rivers in the wake of widespread reports about Rivers' potential departure from Boston, but there is strong mutual interest between the parties, according to sources close to the situation.

... wat

Has a non All Star ever won Finals MVP? Would be awesome if a Spurs role player won it.

Cedric Maxwell in 1981 was the last and maybe only guy I think.

1 of those 5 is a scrub, Fab. You weren't paying attention if you think any of the other 4 are scrubs.

Not sure Sullinger is going to have a future in the NBA with his back, Green has had one good stretch of games in his career, and Bradley is a horrible offensive player.

Bread

Banned
Now imagine the Celtics amnesty Pierce and the Clippers pick him up.....
Doc and KG for Bledsoe and Jordan.
Amnesty Pierce, Clippers sign him.

Both teams win. Except the Celtics who are stuck with Deandre Jordan at 10 million a year.

I'd still do it though, it's obvious this KG/PP/Doc core isn't staying in Boston.

Multiple sources told FOX Sports Ohio the Philadelphia 76ers are high on Michael Carter-Williams, a 6-foot-5 point guard from Syracuse. All-Star point guard Jrue Holiday is already on the roster, but the Sixers believe Carter-Williams could come off the bench and produce at both guard positions, sources said. The Sixers own the No. 11 overall pick.

why.

just why?

Bread

Banned
Not sure Sullinger is going to have a future in the NBA with his back, Green has had one good stretch of games in his career, and Bradley is a horrible offensive player.
Green was amazing for over the last 2 months he played, and he looked like a completely different player from the first half of the year. I know you guys hate the player formerly known as Jeff Gomes, but you have to admit you were impressed by how he played.

Bradley has terrible handles and a below average shot, but he isn't absolutely useless on offense. I think next season will show if he has any future in this league, he has proven that he is an elite defender, but he needs to get that shot down. Not a scrub though.

Sullinger was the most dependable rebounder on the team and he was making huge strides before getting hurt. Who knows if he will continue to hurt his back, you can't just assume he will and call him a scrub because of that.

Emwitus

2 of the 4 are scrubs.

and there's no star.

Bradely was just named to an all defensive team last year and sullinger averaged a double double in the second half of the season when he was inserted into the starting lineup.(His one of the top offensive rebounders in the league) Green was also moved to starting over bass. In other words that's four of their starting five next season.

Green was amazing for over the last 2 months he played, and he looked like a completely different player from the first half of the year. I know you guys hate the player formerly known as Jeff Gomes, but you have to admit you were impressed by how he played.

Bradley has terrible handles and a below average shot, but he isn't absolutely useless on offense. I think next season will show if he has any future in this league, he has proven that he is an elite defender, but he needs to get that shot down. Not a scrub though.

Sullinger was the most dependable rebounder on the team and he was making huge strides before getting hurt. Who knows if he will continue to hurt his back, you can't just assume he will and call him a scrub because of that.

But Sullinger dropped to #21 in the draft because no doctor thought that his back would survive the NBA.

Emwitus

But Sullinger dropped to #21 in the draft because no doctor thought that his back would survive the NBA.

He had a long known back condition that he had never had surgery for. Celtics medical staff believe he will make a full recovery. Also, he isn't known for his athleticism and is more of a zach randolph type player.

Bread, it's called risk/reward. He was projected top 5 before he got flagged with a bad back and got drafted at 21, very low risk move for Boston.

2 of the 4 are scrubs.

and there's no star.

Boston fans are incredibly delusional about the outlook for the celts going forward. Right Sanjuro? Right.

Spooks

why.

just why?

Did that come from Amico? If so just ignore it and move on. Telling you guys he just throws shit against the wall hoping it sticks.

Also it seems like that Bennett kid is the new hot name to throw into rumors about the cavs picking at 1 and i swear to god i will have a meltdown if they did.

giri

Bradely was just named to an all defensive team last year and sullinger averaged a double double in the second half of the season when he was inserted into the starting lineup.
HairHide.gif

(His one of the top offensive rebounders in the league) Green was also moved to starting over bass. In other words that's four of their starting five next season.
HairStillHide.gif

I feel thats an accurate projection on how you came up with those evaluations on your future.

It's kind of incredible how Bennett seems to keep rising as the scouting process goes along. You'd think that at one point teams would notice that he's as bad at help defense as any basketball player can be, but maybe they're just watching his offensive stuff on Synergy.

giri

I said as expected! I namely threw that in there because we still might not suck enough to get those players. We didn't this year, picking at 5 wouldn't get us any of those guys. Granted, we'll get a new crap shoot lottery next year.

Suns got dudded a bit with the lotto, and the retarded drive to win games against teams just as bad, by playing vets instead of admitting reality and playing the young guys.

Reality is, next season, with the FO finally admitting they need to suck it up and move on, the Suns are probably going to be starting young guys a lot more, and giving them experience etc and just accepting the losses for a year.

There's hope, but it's not found by over playing scola of beasley. (Heard the suns will take anything for beasley, except longer term salary).

Top Bottom