• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Spooks

That's probably the least likely scenario since they just drafted a decent 2.

And nobody should frown at the thought of drafting him, the draft is weak and he's fine.
All I've seen from cavs beat writers are how the cavs aren't sold on Noel and mcelmore's name keeps popping up. Do not want.

McLemore's advanced metrics aren't good so the Cavs won't draft him. It will be between Noel, Porter, Oladipo, and Michael Carter-Williams with Noel and Porter having a decent lead I think.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Well the Rockets have informed the agents of Carlos Delfino, Aaron Brooks, and Francisco Garcia that their options will not be picked up. Making them all free agents.

The rockets are also apparently saying their FA strategy is to keep Asik even if they get Howard (or paul). Since they aren't scared of the luxury tax and will still have all their first round picks going forward to rebuild.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2013/06/rockets-look-to-spend-big-in-free-agency/

giri

Well the Rockets have informed the agents of Carlos Delfino, Aaron Brooks, and Francisco Garcia that their options will not be picked up. Making them all free agents.

The rockets are also apparently saying their FA strategy is to keep Asik even if they get Howard (or paul). Since they aren't scared of the luxury tax and will still have all their first round picks going forward to rebuild.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2013/06/rockets-look-to-spend-big-in-free-agency/

Deflino was pretty huge for them. Thats going to be hard to cover.

That said, he's useful to a lot teams.

Eleuin

Damn Delfino was a great shooter for the rox :(

Also lol at Iggy opting out, who could realistically sign him for the money he wants?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

Also lol at Iggy opting out, who could realistically sign him for the money he wants?

Think he wasn't happy with the future of the Nuggets

giri

Who could, or who would?

He's an interesting fit on the Wolves, but he doesn't really help them with their complete lack of shooters.

The question becomes more about what iggy is willing to give up to win.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Houston will probably resign one of Delfino or Garcia.

Idk the rockets in my mind got dwight in the bag if they have the cap space. Dropping those contracts might be the price they have to pay for him. Once on the market I could see all of them getting more money or more years guaranteed.

SamuraiX-

Cool. I like Mullin. He's a cool dude.

Bringing Mullin into the front office would fuel speculation about the Kings' possible pursuit of Monta Ellis.

Ellis was drafted by Mullin in 2005.

1j28eea.jpg

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
On the bright side, Monta Ellis would probably be the Kings' best player.

On the downside, Monta Ellis would be the Kings' best player.

Is it possible that Ellis Evans and DMC could all be on the same team????? Oh fuck yeah!

h3ro

Did Simmons really say that Green's effort and performance in this series is payback for The Decision and retribution for Cleveland?

sportsguy stop.

Did Simmons really say that Green's effort and performance in this series is payback for The Decision and retribution for Cleveland?

sportsguy stop.

h3ro plz

I dunno, Zeus. I don't think Hollins is the good. Karl seems to have fallen out of the running with all this Doc drama now.

I don't see why they would
Trading Griffin for Howard would be one of the dumbest moves they could make. All the rumors lately seem to point to blowing the entire team up, which doesn't make any sense considering the fact that they performed so well under a bad coach. I understand getting rid of under-performing parts like DJ and Butler, but moving Griffin makes absolutely no sense.

McLemore's advanced metrics aren't good so the Cavs won't draft him. It will be between Noel, Porter, Oladipo, and Michael Carter-Williams with Noel and Porter having a decent lead I think.

I get the feeling the Cavs are going to wind up drafting Noel with #1 (no clue what the hell they'll do with #19 and the second-rounders) and going hard after Iggy. Can't see them thinking they'll be able to pick up a solid 4/5 in FA, and they'd basically have to with the others.

Tom Penny

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--c...n-garnett-doc-rivers-deal-done-160920220.html

The Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Clippers are discussing possible compromises to including guard Eric Bledsoe into the Kevin Garnett-Doc Rivers deal with hopes of completing an agreement on Monday, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Doc Rivers and Kevin Garnett could soon be headed to Los Angeles. Discussions over a blockbuster deal reached an impasse on Saturday when Boston general manager Danny Ainge held firm that Bledsoe had to be a part of package that included DeAndre Jordan and a first-round pick, but sources say that Boston has shown a willingness to find another asset to supplant Bledsoe and complete the complicated deal, sources said.

Noel has had questionable people around him from the beginning, it happens to a lot of up and coming athletes. Agents, runners, etc. swarm all over anyone they think could be the next great NBA player. He's got a strong family though from what I've read, so I'm not worried about Noel. McLemore on the otherhand...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--c...n-garnett-doc-rivers-deal-done-160920220.html

The Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Clippers are discussing possible compromises to including guard Eric Bledsoe into the Kevin Garnett-Doc Rivers deal with hopes of completing an agreement on Monday, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Doc Rivers and Kevin Garnett could soon be headed to Los Angeles. Discussions over a blockbuster deal reached an impasse on Saturday when Boston general manager Danny Ainge held firm that Bledsoe had to be a part of package that included DeAndre Jordan and a first-round pick, but sources say that Boston has shown a willingness to find another asset to supplant Bledsoe and complete the complicated deal, sources said.

Tom, as a Celtics fan, what do you think about this entire imbroglio?

Noel has had questionable people around him from the beginning, it happens to a lot of up and coming athletes. Agents, runners, etc. swarm all over anyone they think could be the next great NBA player. He's got a strong family though from what I've read, so I'm not all that worried about him. McLemore on the otherhand...

Tom Penny

Tom, as a Celtics fan, what do you think about this entire imbroglio?

Throw in Bledsoe it's a no brainer which isn't going to happen. I don't know what this other asset would be. Not a big fan of D'eandre's contract. At the same time. Somethings got to give. Rivers wants out and Ainge is trying to make it happen so Rivers will be not coaching the Celtics regardless and I don't believe Ainge has to allow him to coach else were. I'm hoping the Clippers do something stupid...bridges appear to be burned in Celtics land though.

KingGondo

Banned
Waiting for Presti to fire Brooks, then swoop in and grab Doc, KG and Pierce for Lamb, the Raps pick, Perry Jones and Rondo's BFF Perk.

lvWtCYq.png

Len has the fewest steals per 40 minutes of any NCAA center prospect who played decent minutes in the last 30 years. Doesn't seem like it should matter, but that bottom 25 list is not very encouraging.

Was also interesting to find out that Noel was only the third player ever to average 5 BPG and 2 SPG per 40 minutes with Hakeem and Robinson as the other two.

Bledsoe's not even that good. He's a rich man's Marcus Banks. And i'd rather let KG and Doc go for nothing than take bad DumbAndre and his bad contract.

Top Bottom