• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

lvWtCYq.png

Len has the fewest steals per 40 minutes of any NCAA center prospect who played decent minutes in the last 30 years. Doesn't seem like it should matter, but that bottom 25 list is not very encouraging.

Was also interesting to find out that Noel was only the third player ever to average 5 BPG and 2 SPG per 40 minutes with Hakeem and Robinson as the other two.

But Araujo.

Thanks, Tom. I do hope the Clippers stand pat though, because they seem to have more leverage in this situation.

While I wouldn't have given up Bledsoe and DJ for Garnett before, getting Rivers as well would be enough for me to pull the trigger. Still, if we could land Pierce too, then the Clippers would be very dangerous... for about 1 or 2 years.

about time, i want the gunslinger trades to return

I'm ready for it too. It's coming at a good time as well with the Heat's invincibility cracking and the crumbling of the Lakers/Celtics. Teams like the Thunder, Bulls, Pacers, and Rockets that are right on the edge need to strike while there's blood in the water.

Tom Penny

Rivers should have already been coaching Durant. Stupid ping pong balls burned them on Duncan and Durant. Would have been Pierce, Big Al, Rondo, Durant and Perk...at least they chipped.

Bread

Banned
Rivers should have already been coaching Durant. Stupid ping pong balls burned them on Duncan and Durant. Would have been Pierce, Big Al, Rondo, Durant and Perk...at least they chipped.
ugh don't remind me

maybe next year stern will give us wiggins to make up for it

KingGondo

Banned
are you ready to admit that the Harden trade was a disaster?
There are no outcomes I would have been satisfied with. I would have preferred to get a stud young SG like Klay or Beal, but the bottom line is that we were never keeping Harden. Presti admitted that re-signing Harden to the deal we offered him (4 years and $50 million-plus) would have been a stopgap measure. I don't blame Harden for turning it down when he's clearly a max player. Besides, I think there's a very good chance Ibaka will start to outplay his contract in the next year or two.

Also: we still don't really know what OKC got in the trade. Lamb should get minutes this year, and the organization is really high on his offensive ability. We also have a chance to get a nice complementary player with the Raps pick, or we can trade up and snag a guy like Oladipo with our assets and other picks.

ugh don't remind me

maybe next year stern will give us wiggins to make up for it

Stern won't be commissioner for the next draft, Silver will be in charge. He's a Dookie too so I'm hoping he takes pity on us. We need some luck to go our way for a change as well.

TheFatOne

Celtics beating LA once was good enough for me. I just hope they can become somewhat competitive or fun to watch.

Tom Penny

Celtics beating LA once was good enough for me. I just hope they can become somewhat competitive or fun to watch.

Get Clips 1st rounder don't know who to take with their first pick but I like boom or bust Ricky Ledo with a late Clippers pick. The guy can score at the NBA level.

jbug617

Banned
I really hope they don't go after Josh Smith. Danny seems o be a big fan of him and it would also reunite Rondo with Smith.

I really hope they don't go after Josh Smith. Danny seems o be a big fan of him and it would also reunite Rondo with Smith.

I love Josh, but signing him would make no sense. Rondo-Bradley-Green-random PF-Jordan is a team that can get a top 5 pick. Rondo-Bradley-Green-Smith-Jordan would be good enough defensively to not get a top 5 pick, but would be so incompetent offensively that the playoffs would be impossible. That would be the worst spot for them to be in.

Tom Penny

I love Josh, but signing him would make no sense. Rondo-Bradley-Green-random PF-Jordan is a team that can get a top 5 pick. Rondo-Bradley-Green-Smith-Jordan would be good enough defensively to not get a top 5 pick, but would be so incompetent offensively that the playoffs would be impossible. That would be the worst spot for them to be in.

Nothing more clutch than Rondo, Smith and Jordan at the line crunch time 4th quarter !!!

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I think I'd take Courtney Lee if the Clippers don't want him. I'm pretty sure he could hit a few corner 3s and play okay defense.

There are no outcomes I would have been satisfied with. I would have preferred to get a stud young SG like Klay or Beal, but the bottom line is that we were never keeping Harden. Presti admitted that re-signing Harden to the deal we offered him (4 years and $50 million-plus) would have been a stopgap measure. I don't blame Harden for turning it down when he's clearly a max player. Besides, I think there's a very good chance Ibaka will start to outplay his contract in the next year or two.

Also: we still don't really know what OKC got in the trade. Lamb should get minutes this year, and the organization is really high on his offensive ability. We also have a chance to get a nice complementary player with the Raps pick, or we can trade up and snag a guy like Oladipo with our assets and other picks.

Letting Harden go for what we know is trash, (stop with the but but Lamb could be good one day! crap, even if he becomes an average 6th man OKC still got fucked in that trade.) is one of the worst outcomes possible.

Unloading YN and/or Ibaka and Getting rid of Perkins should have been done, most everyone here was screaming for it and Presti fucked up what should have been an easy slam dunk like he was Kendrick Perkins.

KingGondo

Banned
Letting Harden go for what we know is trash, (stop with the but but Lamb could be good one day! crap, even if he becomes an average 6th man OKC still got fucked in that trade.) is one of the worst outcomes possible.

Unloading YN and/or Ibaka and Getting rid of Perkins should have been done, most everyone here was screaming for it and Presti fucked up what should have been an easy slam dunk like he was Kendrick Perkins.
First of all, the statement that we know what we got is trash is flatly untrue. We don't know how good Lamb will be in a bench role, and we haven't even selected a player with the Raps pick yet. Sure, it's not an equal value for what we got for Harden, but what would be?

As I said, I would have preferred Beal or Klay Thompson, and GS and the Wiz were stupid for turning down the offer of Harden. Presti clearly took what he thought the best deal was, even if Harden's value was decreased because of his pending free agency.

As for your suggestion that we should have completely blown up what turned into a 60-win team by getting rid of Westbrook "and/or" Ibaka... I'm not sure what to say. YNB is a top 10 player already and improving, and you have to have quality bigs to win. When's the last time a team chipped without a quality PF/C? Also, (as shown by the Harden trade) getting equal value in trades for players like Westbrook is virtually impossible. Ainge called Presti and offered Rondo, FFS.

We still had a decent shot at the Finals this year if YNB had been healthy. Presti's goal was to maintain quality, sustainability, and flexibility into the future, and he did that. I still don't like the trade, but quit acting like Presti is a dumbass.

By far his biggest misstep has been retaining Brooks as coach, but our roster is still championship-caliber.

something like Doc/KG/Lee/JET for DumbAndre/Caron/1st round pick. The holdup seems to be whether or not Bledsoe will be included as well.

Such an odd trade, I don't really know what to think of it. What are the Celtics going to do with Rondo, let him rot with Avery Bradley as his second best player?

Such an odd trade, I don't really know what to think of it. What are the Celtics going to do with Rondo, let him rot with Avery Bradley as his second best player?

it feels like the Celts bending over backwards to give Doc and KG what they want, which is bizarre. I don't care how young DeAndre is (which is all I hear parrotted on the talk shows this morning), he is simply not a good basketball player and not worth $10 million a year.

Taking back DeAndre makes no sense to me unless they plan on moving him in another trade. Why would they work so hard on dumping Lee and Terry only to waste their cap on an overrated center?

Vahagn

Yea Celtics are screwing themselves over. This is all win for the Clippers. Even the Lee and Terry contracts are like 5-6 million per for only a couple years.

Celtics done lost their mind on this one.

Yea Celtics are screwing themselves over. This is all win for the Clippers. Even the Lee and Terry contracts are like 5-6 million per for only a couple years.

Celtics done lost their mind on this one.

and JET might be trash but I think Lee can be fairly serviceable as a back up 2, which the Clips need anyway.

KingGondo

Banned
I think the tank is definitely on but they can tank without taking on DeAndres contract.
Not sure who else with a coaching vacancy would have the assets or willingness to take on Doc and KG. Not sure KG would have waived his no-trade clause either without a deal in this vein.

First of all, the statement that we know what we got is trash is flatly untrue. We don't know how good Lamb will be in a bench role, and we haven't even selected a player with the Raps pick yet. Sure, it's not an equal value for what we got for Harden, but what would be?

As I said, I would have preferred Beal or Klay Thompson, and GS and the Wiz were stupid for turning down the offer of Harden. Presti clearly took what he thought the best deal was, even if Harden's value was decreased because of his pending free agency.

As for your suggestion that we should have completely blown up what turned into a 60-win team by getting rid of Westbrook "and/or" Ibaka... I'm not sure what to say. YNB is a top 10 player already and improving, and you have to have quality bigs to win. When's the last time a team chipped without a quality PF/C? Also, (as shown by the Harden trade) getting equal value in trades for players like Westbrook is virtually impossible. Ainge called Presti and offered Rondo, FFS.

We still had a decent shot at the Finals this year if YNB had been healthy. Presti's goal was to maintain quality, sustainability, and flexibility into the future, and he did that. I still don't like the trade, but quit acting like Presti is a dumbass.

By far his biggest misstep has been retaining Brooks as coach, but our roster is still championship-caliber.

Presti is a dumbass. Harden should have been near untouchable right after KD. YN can score just fine and when he's hot he's great but he doesn't fit well with their two best players at the time (harden and KD). Ibaka is hot trash but now it's becoming more obvious to the league that he's trash and is about as good as he's gonna get. Should have sold a team on his potential.

You do need a good PF/C to win, OKC has neither right now and could have easily fliped YN and Ibaka for one and a decent guard.

The league was high on YN and Ibaka when Harden was still in OKC getting less than their perceived value would have netted OKC better returns than Lamb, a year of Martin and a pick in a shit draft. Presti got reamed.

Tom Penny

I think the tank is definitely on but they can tank without taking on DeAndres contract.

They cannot gain cap space no matter what they do. I believe Jordan is only 2 years guaranteed. Since the tank is on they surely aren't paying a coach the most in the NBA to do it. Keeping the roster does nothing for them either. They have no way to gain cap space.

giri

Top 10 on the OKC roster maybe.

Presti is a dumbass. Harden should have been near untouchable right after KD. YN can score just fine and when he's hot he's great but he doesn't fit well with their two best players at the time (harden and KD). Ibaka is hot trash but now it's becoming more obvious to the league that he's trash and is about as good as he's gonna get. Should have sold a team on his potential.

You do need a good PF/C to win, OKC has neither right now and could have easily fliped YN and Ibaka for one and a decent guard.

The league was high on YN and Ibaka when Harden was still in OKC getting less than their perceived value would have netted OKC better returns than Lamb, a year of Martin and a pick in a shit draft. Presti got reamed.

I was saying trade YNB / ibaka for a long time. At the time, they probably could have got LMA. Who isn't amazing, but much better than what they got. Or many other combo's. But they certainly could have got something v.solid.

Top Bottom