• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

bender

What time is it?
I agree that the Clips are massively overvaluing Bledsoe.

According to the most recent B.S. Report (Simmons/Russillo), it's Doc telling the Clips to hang onto Bledsoe. It was really late last night when I got around to listening so maybe I misheard or had a fever dream.

I still think that having 3 top 3 players at their position is eventually going to result in a chip no matter your deficiencies elsewhere.

Westbrook
Harden
Durant
two scrubs

Sure, it wasn't beating a prime Heat team, but those guys are getting older. If they just locked those three guys up and remained patient then it would just be a matter of time.

Shit, even a draft like this proves it where you can probably get Dieng or Withey in the late 1st, two guys that are leagues better than Perkins.

This all CP3. He wants to play in a half court system instead of Lob City. Thats why you bring in Doc and KG.

Well maybe so but the Clippers are mortgaging their entire future. Jordan isn't trash; he just needs to be developed more. Garnett has like two years tops left. Bledsoe, Jordan and Blake are young players who are worth more than Garnett and Pierce long-term.

Well maybe so but the Clippers are mortgaging their entire future. Jordan isn't trash; he just needs to be developed more. Garnett has like two years tops left. Bledsoe, Jordan and Blake are young players who are worth more than Garnett and Pierce long-term.

Jordan wasn't even obese Lamar Odom good last year.

The Clippers weren't going anywhere with the current squad, so I feel that this trade, while making the Clips older, would be a step in the right direction.

It's not like CP3 is leaving.

giri

I think the Clippers are out of their goddamn minds. Why are they blowing up this team again?? It's only been together for like two years.

Because they're old already, and this is basically easy money.

Cause dumping Dumbandre alone is worth it.

As one of DJ's oldest apologists, no. He's like 25 now. Unless he finds a well of maturity he's basically now, what he always will be. And he hasn't shown much growth over the last few years at all. And if anything, has gotten worse on the floor always trying to leak out for dunks.

Jordan wasn't even obese Lamar Odom good last year.

The Clippers weren't going anywhere with the current squad, so I feel that this trade, while making the Clips older, would be a step in the right direction.

It's not like CP3 is leaving.

Keep CP3, trade DJ, open up cap space, and possibly get C.Lee as a legit starting SG?

Think it's an overall win particularly with the coaching upgrade.

Keep CP3, trade DJ, open up cap space, and possibly get C.Lee as a legit starting SG?

Think it's an overall win particularly with the coaching upgrade.

Not disagreeing, giri.

BM_tcugCAAEskvu.jpg

Eh...

giri

Not disagreeing, giri.

BM_tcugCAAEskvu.jpg

Eh...

I think KG is one of the biggest douches in the NBA, but if he can teach blake to not be a colossal bitch then the trade is worth it alone.

Only thing i'd be partially worried about is the clash of personalities between CP3 vs PP & KG. But that's what you get doc for i guess.

thekad

Banned
I think those three will get along fine. They will all defer to CP3 and Blake will have even less sway than he does now.

Dream ova.

Source? And isn't that just saying that the Clippers have a backup plan, which we knew all along? It sounds to me that Rivers is still heavily favored to be the new coach. If we can dump Caron in the process, then even better. Still, if we dump Blake, it'll be a lot harder to root for the Clippers. He's one of the main reasons I enjoy watching them.

Source? And isn't that just saying that the Clippers have a backup plan, which we knew all along? It sounds to me that Rivers is still heavily favored to be the new coach. If we can dump Caron in the process, then even better. Still, if we dump Blake, it'll be a lot harder to root for the Clippers. He's one of the main reasons I enjoy watching them.

Broderick Turner, LA Times.

I don't think Blake is getting traded, rat. Dun leave us. :x

Clips won't trade with Lakers.
Lakers won't trade Dwight to the JV squad for an inferior player.
Sterling has a man crush on Blake and his dunking (like Al Davis and 40 times) and won't trade his seat filler.

Tom Penny

If CP3 bolts because of no Doc then I don't see why on earth Ainge doesn't just force the Clippers hand. Either way the Celtics are going to suck. He doesn't have to do anything.

KingGondo

Banned
Presti is a dumbass. Harden should have been near untouchable right after KD. YN can score just fine and when he's hot he's great but he doesn't fit well with their two best players at the time (harden and KD). Ibaka is hot trash but now it's becoming more obvious to the league that he's trash and is about as good as he's gonna get. Should have sold a team on his potential.

You do need a good PF/C to win, OKC has neither right now and could have easily fliped YN and Ibaka for one and a decent guard.

The league was high on YN and Ibaka when Harden was still in OKC getting less than their perceived value would have netted OKC better returns than Lamb, a year of Martin and a pick in a shit draft. Presti got reamed.
Sorry for the epically late reply (shit came up at work)...

I stand by my statement that Ibaka will be worth his $12 mill/year contract within a year or two. He's still 23 and is already a top 10 PF.

And as far as YNB goes: guy is 3 years from his prime and is undeniably an absolute stud. And unlike Harden, he brought his A Game in the Finals last year. Guy is a flat-out gamer and his competitiveness is a major asset for our team. Harden and KD both have a fairly laid-back demeanor, not sure how that would affect us in the long term.

i don't see why don't the clips don't just take the deal even if they have to swallow an mle on courtney lee. they rid themselves of dumbandre's horrible deal and would allow kg to focus on just rebounding and defense.

giri

Sorry for the epically late reply (shit came up at work)...

I stand by my statement that Ibaka will be worth his $12 mill/year contract within a year or two. He's still 23 and is already a top 10 PF.

And as far as YNB goes: guy is 3 years from his prime and is undeniably an absolute stud. And unlike Harden, he brought his A Game in the Finals last year. Guy is a flat-out gamer and his competitiveness is a major asset for our team. Harden and KD both have a fairly laid-back demeanor, not sure how that would affect us in the long term.

nope.

thekad

Banned
Westbrook sucked in the Finals. If that's his A game then Presti really fucked up.

So is there anything to Alex Len going #1? I can't believe the Cavs could botch three drafts in a row.

jbug617

Banned
So is there anything to Alex Len going #1? I can't believe the Cavs could botch three drafts in a row.

Listening to Bill Simmons podcast yesterday, him and Russilo both hinted that there are concerns about Noel and the people he associates with. They went as far to say that teams don't know who to contact to get in touch with Noel. Cleveland can't draft another guard so Len makes sense then.

Also Clippers and Celtics make progress but now playing chicken with each other.
http://bit.ly/16crEvF

giri

I hate when Best-GAF devolves into this shit, but go ahead and name 10 guys better.

People did it for me. But ibaka isn't even D.Lee good. So it's pretty easy to say he's not top 10.

You should stop being a neo-blazers fan and over rating everyone just because you paid him.

Oh, and people forgot LMA i believe.

Ahh, kad said LMA.

Top Bottom