• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Twitter blowing up with the Cavs considering taking Len with the #1.

I said lulz

I think it may be true, the momentum is similar to the rumors about Waiters last year that nobody believed.

I would try to get Noel if I'm the Wizards.

Ainge is about to fuck the Clips. Shedding salary, getting a draft pick, etc. for getting rid of old man KG and Doc Rivers. Then he'll probably turn around and hire Shaw.

The Len rumors have come from some random reporter in New Orleans and Sheridan Hoops. I could see the Cavs fucking up the draft by taking MCW #1, but Len's numbers are terrible and their front office only cares about numbers.

Ainge is about to fuck the Clips. Shedding salary, getting a draft pick, etc. for getting rid of old man KG and Doc Rivers. Then he'll probably turn around and hire Shaw.

Lakers should have hired Shaw when they had the chance. Dumbass Jim hiring dumdum Brown and Pringles set us back a few years.

dalVlatko

Twitter blowing up with the Cavs considering taking Len with the #1.

I said lulz

I think it may be true, the momentum is similar to the rumors about Waiters last year that nobody believed.

I would try to get Noel if I'm the Wizards.

Guy on Simmons' podcast said that Wizards would pass on Noel if he was there at 3

Chris Grant passing on a center two drafts in a row is coming back to haunt him now even though Thompson and Waiters have been good

I'm hoping to hear good news about Noel once Cavs meet with him but there is too much negativity surrounding him for me to believe he is going number 1

Ryen A Russilo said the Wizards are probably going to pass on Noel if falls to #3 but I don't know how much he really knows.

Russilo has like...zero connection to the Wizards brass whatsoever. Noel actually came to DC and the interviews and everything were very favorable.

As for numbers, neither Waiters nor Tristan Thompson looked all that good advanced stats wise.

I think they are just gutter trash at drafting in general. Trying to be too smart and end up overthinking things. They are going to fuck things up massively.

Spooks

i want to rip out my hair anytime i hear the cavs should pass on Noel because injuries and pick Len. Kid had a stress fracture....

i'm not gonna make it till draft man..

trying not to believe and get caught up in anything till the cavs meet with noel though.

The main things about Len is that he's being hyped up as a scorer and or a defender, but it's hard to imagine a guy who missed 70% of his shots that weren't dunks or layups last year and only averaged 12 PPG becoming a good scorer and it's hard to imagine a guy who plays like he's half-asleep becoming a great defender. His size is awesome, but I don't know if he has anything else. I guess he could become great at offense or defense with a lot of time, but I'd much rather go with Meyers Leonard as a center prospect and Leonard's already been given up on by Portland it seems like.

Russilo has like...zero connection to the Wizards brass whatsoever.

As for numbers, neither Waiters nor Tristan Thompson looked all that good advanced stats wise.

I think they are just gutter trash at drafting in general. Trying to be too smart and end up overthinking things. They are going to fuck things up massively.

Nah, Hollinger's model and other statistical models adored Waiters and Thompson in the last two years (Thompson was ranked 3rd overall, Waiters 4th) and those models love MCW this year because he had so many steals and assists.

Nah, Hollinger's model and other statistical models adored Waiters and Thompson in the last two years (Thompson was ranked 3rd overall, Waiters 4th) and those models love MCW this year because he had so many steals and assists.

What are the specifics of his model? Because both of those guys were just above average basically everywhere you can look--PER, TS%, ORTG...I'm not really sure what's there.

Also gotta remember that the model wouldn't necessarily work for the guy they should have drafted in 11 (Jonas).

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
OK internet rumor time.....

Tyson chandler for Derrick Williams, Luke Ridnor, and the 26th pick. Fueling the rumor behind the scenes is all these statements that Tyson has been making to the media. IE pointed fingers at team for pacers loss (to avoid his share of the blame) and keeps talking about Jason Kidd shouldn't have retired (and kind of makes it seem like the knicks asked him too).

Adding to the rumor the Knicks want to move him for cap space and they feel his health is declining.....

http://www.sportsworldreport.com/ar...ndler-trade-minnesota-timberwolves-target.htm

I said PFs.

And I stand by my original statement, especially when you consider guys who affect the game two ways. Ibaka can score 20 and protect the rim on the other end.

Also, Kad listed several guys who also primarily play the 5.

the guy with a career scoring average under 10 ppg is all of a sudden a 20 point scorer?

stopit.png

Ibaka is a slightly less dumb Tyrus Thomas. He's not a great offensive player and is not a great defender other than weakside blocks.

I said PFs.

And I stand by my original statement, especially when you consider guys who affect the game two ways. Ibaka can score 20 and protect the rim on the other end.

wait, you mean to say that Ibaka is a top 10 PF? I guess but Ibaka is pretty mediocre.

His defense is bad. His only good defensive trait is his shot blocking ability. and he can't just score 20, he scored 20+ just 6 times in the 80 games he played, I don't know where you get the idea that he can be that kind of scorer.
Blake Griffin has a better post game.He's an average rebounder. Ibaka's post defense is bad, he bites on every fake. His jumper is getting better though so there's that

on the post that you quoted, I thought I was responding to your statement that YNB is a top 10 player.
cuz he's not.

What are the specifics of his model? Because both of those guys were just above average basically everywhere you can look--PER, TS%, ORTG...I'm not really sure what's there.

Also gotta remember that the model wouldn't necessarily work for the guy they should have drafted in 11 (Jonas).

Those guys produced in a wide-variety of areas and got a good bit of steals (Waiters in particular). Len produced in fewer areas (and with less scoring) while getting no steals. Steals are valued really highly by most of these models it seems like with assists and blocks just behind.

KingGondo

Banned
the guy with a career scoring average under 10 ppg is all of a sudden a 20 point scorer?

stopit.png

Ibaka is a slightly less dumb Tyrus Thomas. He's not a great offensive player and is not a great defender other than weakside blocks.
I said *can* score 20. He has a good scoring average considering his usage and how much Durant and YNB dominate the ball (and the fact that we don't run anything resembling an actual offense).

I was right about Harden, and I'm right about Serge. You'll see.

the problem for Presti Defense Force is that when he signed Ibaka and Perk to those terrible contracts that they did not deserve, EVERYONE AND THEIR MOMMA knew it was going to cause problems when it came time to re-up Harden. He basically chose Perk and Ibaka over Harden, and we have come to find out what every average Joe on the internet already knew: That wa a fucking stupid idea. You take a blue chipper over two or even three good players (and that's being kind to Perk) every day of the weak. Anybody who knows the history of the NBA knows that. You win with great players. It's not like people are criticizing Presti with hindsight.

I said *can* score 20..

so *can* every player in the NBA.

giri

I said PFs.

The rest of your post is just head in the sand, but i knew you'd come back with this BS.

Ibaka plays a lot of 5 also when OKC want to go small. So he can be considered a 4/5 like LMA/Bosh/ TD.

And Ibaka isn't close to those guys.

Tyson chandler for Derrick Williams, Luke Ridnor, and the 26th pick. Fueling the rumor behind the scenes is all these statements that Tyson has been making to the media. IE pointed fingers at team for pacers loss (to avoid his share of the blame) and keeps talking about Jason Kidd shouldn't have retired (and kind of makes it seem like the knicks asked him too).

Adding to the rumor the Knicks want to move him for cap space and they feel his health is declining.....

http://www.sportsworldreport.com/ar...ndler-trade-minnesota-timberwolves-target.htm

Lol, I'm so glad Tyson didn't get resigned. Everyone bitching at Cubes because he broke up the crew, but that team would have decayed before our eyes.

KingGondo

Banned
Ibaka can defend the rim around 3 times a game when playing help defense other than that he is a terrible defender.
He did look terrible against the Grizz, I can admit that.

Then again, the Grizz frontline makes everyone in the league except the Spurs look foolish.

Ninja Scooter said:
so *can* every player in the NBA.
I beg to differ.

i

Ryen A Russilo said the Wizards are probably going to pass on Noel if falls to #3 but I don't know how much he really knows.

I'd be shocked if both the Magic and Wizards passed on Noel. It would be damn good news for our front office though because Noel was clearly the best player in his class last year, his knee can't be that bad off can it?

Bread

Banned

damn a healthy love/chandler front line is scary

i'm thinking the magic will go with oladipo simply because he's got like the least points of failure out of any other possible candidate that high in the draft and he's all about work ethic and the rest of that cliche shit that gm's love.

thekad

Banned
i'm thinking the magic will go with oladipo simply because he's got like the least points of failure out of any other possible candidate that high in the draft and he's all about work ethic and the rest of that cliche shit that gm's love.

his smile jumps out of da gym

I love how that deal would leave the Knicks without a center. I mean it's terrible to begin with, but then a gaping maw at the position that reinvigorated the D for awhile... lol.

thekad

Banned
I said *can* score 20. He has a good scoring average considering his usage and how much Durant and YNB dominate the ball (and the fact that we don't run anything resembling an actual offense).

I was right about Harden, and I'm right about Serge. You'll see.

Is this real life?

First of all, 13 ppg isn't impressive at all. The efficiency is impressive without context, but Serge was assisted on 76% of his shots. With Westbrook out, Serge's was assisted on only 61% of his shots and his eFG% drop precipitously, from 59% to 45%. 13 points on 45%eFG points to a player who is bad on offense.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
How does Williams fit in on the Knicks?

Youth and chance of upside in a small ball system. Timberwolves haven't really had a spot for him and if the plan is to regroup for 2015 you need younger/cheaper players to fill the team up to have a better chance to get a marquee FA.

The Wolves aren't going to give up assets to get Chandler when we can just re-sign Pekovic.

That was my point

Chandler would be a nice addition, but they have bigger needs.

I mean the Knicks and Timberwolves usually work trades with each other and everyone here was talking about how steisma sucked as a backup center. In theory pek/chandler/love would give the wolves a strong enough front line to make it to the playoffs. Or you don't sign pek who could of been playing for a contract and get Chandler who injuries asides never phones it in.

I love how that deal would leave the Knicks without a center. I mean it's terrible to begin with, but then a gaping maw at the position that reinvigorated the D for awhile... lol.

The more I think about this the more true it might be. Fucking Jerome Jordan was bragging about how he was told he would have a bigger role on the team along with Camby's agent saying the same thing for camby.....

Also the Knicks have been working out a lot of centers. Dieng is coming in tomorrow and whitey, muscala have already been through. Knicks might package 24 and 26 to move up or just grab the best center available when they pick. I like Chandler but I like the idea of regrouping for 2015 better and if your going to move a Center in his prime this would be the draft to do it.

Top Bottom