• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
reading that the clippers thought the 2 first rounders was too much

clippers gonna clip, you're ridding yourselves of dumbandre for kevin garnett and doc rivers. who cares about picks.

Kg is so overrated on these boards and everyone here is forgetting that if CP3 walks those first rounders are likely lottery picks. That trade was really a steal for the Celtics for assets that basically are expiring in old KG and Doc who is talking about working in TV.

But LOL Ainge is the worse man he stays setting himself and his players/staff in these compromising positions of everybody knowing they arent really wanted in Boston...

Tom Penny

Ainge says he still wants Doc to coach. I guess they won't blow up the team now seems like run it back with Rondo.

I think they are forgetting Doc was just about to bounce because he wanted to coach CP3 instead of Rondo...no chance Rondo is happy.

Kg is so overrated on these boards and everyone here is forgetting that if CP3 walks those first rounders are likely lottery picks. That trade was really a steal for the Celtics for assets that basically are expiring in old KG and Doc who is talking about working in TV.

Getting a bad pick and a bad player on a bad contract is not a "steal "

Bread

Banned
Kg is so overrated on these boards and everyone here is forgetting that if CP3 walks those first rounders are likely lottery picks. That trade was really a steal for the Celtics for assets that basically are expiring

But LOL Ainge is the worse man he stays setting himself and his players/staff in these compromising positions of everybody knowing they arent really wanted in Boston...
LOL @ KG being overrated. Dude is the best defensive leader in the league.

And yea what a steal getting deandre jordan at 10/year. Paul isn't walking if they make the trade, so no point in considering those picks valuable.

But I agree with your 2nd paragraph, Ainge is fucking destoying this team's chemistry by making his trade talks so public. Rondo, Pierce, KG, and Ray have all been mentioned in deep trade talks in the past 3 years. That's a terrible way to treat your best players.

Zeus Molecules

I think they are forgetting Doc was just about to bounce because he wanted to coach CP3 instead of Rondo...no chance Rondo is happy.

Getting a bad pick and a bad player on a bad contract is not a "steal "

Defensive leader my ass. He was that dude but every year he is getting older and thinking he is going to be the difference maker for a team like the celtics or clippers is hilarious. He isn't like a duncan whose coach limited his minutes early to preserve him. And if they traded two 1st picks for a guy who was going to be an aging roleplayer off the bench they would of been robbed. This New CBA places emphasis on in house developed talent due to cap reasons on top of all that.

LOL @ KG being overrated. Dude is the best defensive leader in the league.

And yea what a steal getting deandre jordan at 10/year. Paul isn't walking if they make the trade, so no point in considering those picks valuable.

But I agree with your 2nd paragraph, Ainge is fucking destoying this team's chemistry by making his trade talks so public. Rondo, Pierce, KG, and Ray have all been mentioned in deep trade talks in the past 3 years. That's a terrible way to treat your best players.

De'andre is overpaid but he is young and Ainge is obviously looking to rebuild, you can do a lot worse than a half decent center if thats your goal. I am not saying the trade would be pain free but those two first round picks are key.

If ainge was smart (he is dumb smart in his own way) he knows you collect those extra picks and tank to rebuild based on the new salary realities of the CBA. Now he just gets to watch his team core rot cause in my mind all these attempts to ditch KG and Doc scream he is letting pierce walk and knows that kg and doc wouldn't he cool with that.

Ford has the Jazz taking fucking Lucas Nogueira at 14th overall, what the fuck. Lucas is a worse McGee and we have two centers already and he was projected in the second round three days ago, ffffff

Bread

Banned
Defensive leader my ass. He was that dude but every year he is getting older and thinking he is going to be the difference maker for a team like the celtics or clippers is hilarious. He isn't like a duncan whose coach limited his minutes early to preserve him. And if they traded two 1st picks for a guy who was going to be an aging roleplayer off the bench they would of been robbed. This New CBA places emphasis on in house developed talent due to cap reasons on top of all that.

Ok well obviously we have different opinions on the value of a defensive anchor and leader. Yes he is declining but he was still very effective against the knicks. Giving up 2 picks in the 20s and an offensively worthless center on a terrible contract for a guy who will be effective for 1 or 2 years while providing value on and off the court is a good deal. Especially when you factor in doc and most likely pierce being part of the picture too.

Its not even about KG or Doc so much as its about getting rid of Deandres dumb contract.

Because Doc, KG, Griffin, and CP3 aint winning shit and their window is literally like a year.

If I'm the clips I try to package Deandre and Cp3 for Westbrook, Perkins, Lamb and their pick this year. The Cp3/Griffin era is just...its not going to work. They need to go as young as they can and I think that trade would work well for both teams.

Bread

Banned
Its not even about KG or Doc so much as its about getting rid of Deandres dumb contract.

Because Doc, KG, Griffin, and CP3 aint winning shit and their window is literally like a year.

If I'm the clips I try to package Deandre and Cp3 for Westbrook, Perkins, Lamb and their pick this year. The Cp3/Griffin era is just...its not going to work. They need to go as young as they can and I think that trade would work well for both teams.
But
CP3/Lee
Terry/Crawford
Pierce
Griffin
KG
is a pretty nice lineup for a one or 2 year championship run. Won't happen because Sterling is cheap, but it would definitely put them top 3 in the west.

Worst all time defensive team despite KG's presence imo

Edit: As someone who's currently cutting right now...holy shit do I envy Nerlens. He's gotta gain like 30+ pounds. Sure not all of that can be bad food but he's going to get to eat whole pizzas for breakfast, lunch and dinner some nights.

It would be better to let everyone walk than to take back DumbAndre's contract. When you're rebuilding you need cap space and draft picks, Ainge wouldn't have much cap to play with if he had Rondo, Green, and Andre all on the dole.

Bread

Banned
It would be better to let everyone walk than to take back DumbAndre's contract. When you're rebuilding you need cap space and draft picks, Ainge wouldn't have much cap to play with if he had Rondo, Green, and Andre all on the dole.
he should be looking for a big expiring to trade KG for, then maybe the team will take pierce and doc too. i'm just afraid of ainge blowing cap space on the first player to give him attention.

Really hope the trade doesn't go through. I could see our FO giving Okafors expiring for DeAndre :(

Really hope the trade doesn't go through. I could see our FO giving Okafors expiring for DeAndre :(

That would be disastrous to say the least. Save that money to sign someone decent when both Okafor and Ariza expire at the end of the season. In the meantime I'd just let them play their contract out. neither are worth what they make but you're not going to get anything better back from trading them.

Zeus Molecules

Ok well obviously we have different opinions on the value of a defensive anchor and leader. Yes he is declining but he was still very effective against the knicks. Giving up 2 picks in the 20s and an offensively worthless center on a terrible contract for a guy who will be effective for 1 or 2 years while providing value on and off the court is a good deal. Especially when you factor in doc and most likely pierce being part of the picture too.

We're talking the west though a conference full of good/great centers and PF. And you put it in a nutshell 1-2 years of a roleplayer for 2 first that could equal a minimum of 6 years of player contribution and the upside of possibly getting lucky.... also put de'andre against the weaker east frontline and boom he's a stud most nights.

Ya'll got to come to terms with this new CBA draft picks mean much more now

Bread

Banned
We're talking the west though a conference full of good/great centers and PF. And you put it in a nutshell 1-2 years of a roleplayer for 2 first that could equal a minimum of 6 years of player contribution and the upside of possibly getting lucky....
you're basically giving up 2 first round picks to upgrade in value on the court and in the books. you have to give up a good amount to get rid of such an awful contract.

Zeus Molecules

you're basically giving up 2 first round picks to upgrade in value on the court and in the books. you have to give up a good amount to get rid of such an awful contract.

Its bad dont get me wrong and I get giving up the 1 pick. But I got to say it again this New CBA makes getting production from rookie contracts premimum value. Especially when you got two stars on the roster.

Sources tell ESPN that Kansas SG Ben McLemore was out of shape in recent workouts for the Suns and Magic.
McLemore reportedly "struggled to keep up." It's not a good look for a player whose assertiveness and motivation was already being questioned thanks to a bunch of passive games in college. McLemore is sliding down boards as the June 27 draft approaches. Chad Ford does have him going fifth to the Suns in his latest Mock.

I said wow

Being passive and lazy is generally a bad combination when you're going to have to become good by being a great defender because your skill level isn't good enough to be that good offensively.

Jared Zwerling @JaredZwerling 59 minutes ago
#Knicks will be having a free agent mini-camp tomorrow and Thursday. Will include mostly minimum-level and overseas guys coming back home.
I love dem overseas NBA guys coming home.

dalVlatko

Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA 2h
Just finished with Nerlens Noel... talked about all the stuff surrounding him, some of its very funny.

There has been a lot of talk about Nerlens' "entourage" which consists of Chris (his business manager) and his mother... thats it.

RT @rcognition: So Chris and his mom are the "epic bad dudes" with him ---> No one knows who these guys people are talking about are
I don't know what to think any more
Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA 10 Jun
On Nerlens Noel, the knee isn't the biggest issue with his draft stock... Lower body strength & personal concerns about circle of influence

giri

lol @ people think DJ is going to be a legitimate starter or difference maker in any conference.

He's got a worse offensive game than dwight. Worse hands. No where near as disciplined on defense, worse handles, less post moves, less physical, and shoots FT's worse.

This draft lottery is easily the worst since 2006. I'd be happy to trade out of it completely as long as we're still able to tank again next year.

I just realized that Bennett is literally older than Porter.

I never knew that for some reason.

So basically, Porter has two seasons with better ORTG/DRTG comparisons to Bennets one, had a TS% as a freshmen only a few points lower than Bennetts despite playing a perimeter position in a significantly tougher conference but people think Bennetts ceiling is much higher offensively?

highlights are a hell of a drug

This draft lottery is easily the worst since 2006. I'd be happy to trade out of it completely as long as we're still able to tank again next year.

I think its actually a good draft. It's just that most of the guys who can be difference makers are guys that GM's are scared to touch with high picks. Guys that are legit 11, 12, 13th can get great value so long as they don't do something dumb like draft a euro or someone from Syracuse.

I just realized that Bennett is literally older than Porter.

I never knew that for some reason.

So basically, Porter has two seasons with better ORTG/DRTG comparisons to Bennets one, had a TS% as a freshmen only a few points lower than Bennetts despite playing a perimeter position in a significantly tougher conference but people think Bennetts ceiling is much higher offensively?

highlights are a hell of a drug

I think its actually a good draft. It's just that most of the guys who can be difference makers are guys that GM's are scared to touch with high picks. Guys that are legit 11, 12, 13th can get great value so long as they don't do something dumb like draft a euro or someone from Syracuse.

I like Porter too. If the Cavs don't take him draft night should be easy for Grunfeld.

As for the draft I like it a lot from the lottery on. This year's international class is pretty good. I wouldn't be surprised if 10 or more international guys are taken in the first round.

Bobcats should just take Oladipo. Dipo and MKG will wreck havoc on D and if you luck into Wiggins then you can move one of them or make Dipo a sixth man.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Depends on what we could get for the pick. If we traded it for someone like Bosh tanking would be a lot more difficult.

Mr%2BBurns.gif

Excellent....Keep tanking until the Bulls get your unprotected 2016 pick....

2014 - Top 10 Protected
2015 - Top 8 Protected
2016 - Unprotected

KingGondo

Banned
maybe you'll have rose back by then too
:lol

LegendofJoe said:
Dipo and Noel are my two favorite guys in the draft, so I'm down with this.
If OKC tries to trade up in the draft, I guarantee it's for Oladipo.

I think he may end up being the best player in this draft at the end of the day. Reminds me a lot of Westbrook, actually.

If OKC tries to trade up in the draft, I guarantee it's for Oladipo.

I think he may end up being the best player in this draft at the end of the day. Reminds me a lot of Westbrook, actually.

He's got the attacking mentality of Wade and Westbrook, he doesn't have their handle or passing ability though.

at indiana they'd sometimes run sets that ended with oladipo catching the ball at the top of the key and he'd drive hard into the paint to make a play. i would imagine he'd get a shitton of those kind of looks in okc off of the attention ynb and durant would draw. of course this is only hypothetical as they're not getting oladipo.

My big board because why not:

1. Porter
2. Oladipo
3. Noel
4. Olynyk
5. Burke
6. Zeller
7. Withey
8. Adams
9. Len
10. Dieng
11. Karasev
12. McLemore
13. Franklin
14. Giannis

I didn’t see enough of KCP or Muscala this year so maybe they’re good, but other than those guys and my top 14, I don’t like anyone else in this draft. Olynyk and Zeller are the only guys I could ever see scoring 18+ PPG in the NBA (outside of desperation scoring like how the Pacers had to use Paul George this year), but I think there is a good bit of defensive potential in this draft and I wouldn’t be shocked to see three or more defensive stars come of this draft.

Need to put this stuff down to open up trolling possibilities for me (though against me is more likely) in the future. I'm pretty sure this will look terrible in a couple of years and no one cares, but I find it fun so whatever.

Top Bottom