• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Branduil

iyzGfCkTba6Lj.JPG

ibnFsc0tQ2yine.JPG

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
My man Dirk just hanging out with world leaders playing dignitary while other players are just doing pickup games.....

After superstar Chris Paul injected his influence to accelerate talks, the Los Angeles Clippers are searching for ownership approval to complete a blockbuster deal to bring Boston Celtics coach Doc Rivers and forward Kevin Garnett to L.A., league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Clippers management planned to huddle with owner Donald Sterling on Wednesday night in Los Angeles to get his approval and move on Thursday to finalize an agreement with the Celtics, sources said. Sterling met with Clippers coaching candidate Brian Shaw, an Indiana Pacers assistant coach, on Wednesday night.

The Clippers will send center DeAndre Jordan and two first-round draft picks to the Celtics in the deal, league sources said.

Will Sterling be cheap enough to turn down a trade of a bad player for a really good player and the near certainty of CP3 re-signing? Time to find out.

He's played center for the last couple of years.
Yeah I thought Green was playing center but the article confused me when they called him a forward. I guess they were just referring to the position he played most of his career. Anyway, I really think the deal goes through this time. The Clippers only called off talks before in hopes that it would make the Celtics ask for fewer picks, but that doesn't seem to have worked.

giri

Horrible move, a fucking infant could make better decisions on who to play and when than Casey.

If its any consolation he'll help us lose more games.

It's hard to say how much of Caseys rotations were forced by management / Colangelo

You'll know a lot more after this year.

xnipx

Its like Paul doesn't realize that he has a one year window before he's trapped on a treadmill for the rest of his prime.

If KG retires after this year and Bron enters free agency I would assume they would be a prime destination with Doc and CP3 after he realizes Cleveland wont be a contender.

After looking over stats and combine results I've decided that I'm ok with drafting Zeller with the 4th pick. We brought him in for a workout this week so our front office might be leaning the same way. If Noel doesn't fall to us I would not be surprised at all to see us target him, regardless if we're able to trade down or not.

Barrage

If the KG/Rivers deal goes through, I see a rift forming between Griffin and Paul on the Clippers, what with Griffin knowing Paul OK'd the trade of his best friend on the team.

Eventually, unless the Clips go on a run of titles to mend all wounds (ala Kobe/Shaq), I think the power struggle will get worse and worse in LA.

If you'll let me put on my Crazy Never Happen In A Million Years Hat on: Wouldn't a Griffin-For-Love Swap help both teams? Better chemistry for the Clippers, and (if the KG trade goes through) holy shit what a rebounding frontcourt. For the Wolves, they get a Franchise guy who's locked in for years, and Rubio/Griffin could produce some of the most exciting plays in the NBA.

I want to say it would never happen, but I never thought Garnett and Rivers would head to the Clippers a month ago either.

@ESPNSteinLine said:
Sources tell ESPN it's been communicated to Celts & Clips that league has questions about proposed deals and appearance they are connected

I wonder why the league would think these two deals are connected...

Ainge about to fucking fleece LA. Deandre is not a prize, but that is an instant upgrade from the last legit center they had in Perkins. Major upgrade. And if they end up getting two first round picks for geriatrics and giving them Rivers so they can sign Shaw then this is lopsided as hell.

Tom Penny

Ainge about to fucking fleece LA. Deandre is not a prize, but that is an instant upgrade from the last legit center they had in Perkins. Major upgrade. And if they end up getting two first round picks for geriatrics and giving them Rivers so they can sign Shaw then this is lopsided as hell.

Hopefully Rondo pulls a Rose and they get a top 5 pick next year. Something is better than nothing.

Bread

Banned
Hopefully Rondo pulls a Rose and they get a top 5 pick next year. Something is better than nothing.
Agreed, but even if he does play, it's not like he's going to carry them to the playoffs or anything. They're basically shedding all of their slow players, I'd love to see them say fuck it and just run all game.

Bread

Banned
Wonder if they move Rondo for Granger and a 1st. Would be a great move for Indiana and for whatever reason Boston seems to hate Rondo.
I think Doc doesn't like Rondo, I'd be surprised to see him get traded now.

I'd want a better player than Granger, someone younger. Rondo+Sullinger for Cousins, then the Kings could take Len or Noel or some center and be pretty decent.

Tom Penny

Wonder if they move Rondo for Granger and a 1st. Would be a great move for Indiana and for whatever reason Boston seems to hate Rondo.

I will puke if they move Rondo for Granger.

Agreed, but even if he does play, it's not like he's going to carry them to the playoffs or anything. They're basically shedding all of their slow players, I'd love to see them say fuck it and just run all game.

I think he is trying to build a running team. That might raise the value of players that actually suck at playoff basketball but look like they are putting up stats and fans will like it more.

The trade for Granger is for his expiring and a pick, not for the player.

Its so the Celtics can accumulate picks and go for a true rebuild.

Actually trying to fast track a rebuild and put pieces around Rondo is going to make the Celtics a treadmill team for the next 10 years.

Tom Penny

The trade for Granger is for his expiring and a pick, not for the player.

Its so the Celtics can accumulate picks and go for a true rebuild.

Actually trying to fast track a rebuild and put pieces around Rondo is going to make the Celtics a treadmill team for the next 10 years.

I would not move Rondo on with his contract unless you can sell high. Jordan makes more than him....

Other than having significantly fewer skills, there's nothing that makes DeAndre more of a center than KG. KG is a better paint protector, rebounder, post defender, and post scorer. And KG is taller as well. The only way to define DeAndre as more of a center than KG is to say that centers have to suck on the perimeter.

I would not move Rondo on with his contract unless you can sell high. Jordan makes more than him....

A lot of people don't know this but Rondo is going to be 28 by the time he probably steps foot on the court again.

He's a great contract which is why you try to get a good pick for him. By the time the Celtics can build around him Rondo he'll probably be 30 and he's not a player that is going to be effective once his athleticism starts to go.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
It's the patented Presti Method: keep throwing white bigs against a wall until one (kinda) sticks.

For the record, I like Olynyk and he would provide an added dimension we don't have on offense. As for Withey, I could see that too (although we'll be in desperate need of a 2 next year if Lamb doesn't pan out and we take 2 bigs in this draft).

I swear to god if OKC uses our pick and drafts Olynyk our friendship is over!

Looks like we're keep Dwayne Casey, I was a little scared with Ujiri cleaning out personnel left, right and center but I think it was an overall good move and its good to see we keep Casey too, I have a lot of faith in him as a coach.

I'm indifferent. I absolutely hated him last season with his substitutions and refusal to play the young guys but I'm starting to think BC may have had a hand in that.

We'll get to see now with a full year for him to show us improvement.

charsace

Other than having significantly fewer skills, there's nothing that makes DeAndre more of a center than KG. KG is a better paint protector, rebounder, post defender, and post scorer. And KG is taller as well. The only way to define DeAndre as more of a center than KG is to say that centers have to suck on the perimeter.

How much longer will KG play though? KG has looked really old the last 2 seasons.

A lot of people don't know this but Rondo is going to be 28 by the time he probably steps foot on the court again.

He's a great contract which is why you try to get a good pick for him. By the time the Celtics can build around him Rondo he'll probably be 30 and he's not a player that is going to be effective once his athleticism starts to go.

Any chance Raptors go for Rondo?

Eleuin

It's hard to say how much of Caseys rotations were forced by management / Colangelo

You'll know a lot more after this year.
Hopefully he'll be able to keep the chuckers on a leash and give the young guys more burn.

God this draft sucks but I wish we still had our pick to get a decent 4 to go along with Val.
The worst possible outcome would be drafting Burke but I like him better than lowry.

Top Bottom