• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

-This exercise doesn't paint Shabazz Muhammad in a positive light. Although it is impressive for any freshman to use 18.5 possessions per-game, Muhammad's 0.953 overall points per-possession doesn't stand out among his peer group, ranking fourth last.

Muhammad's role is what sets him apart on paper, as his play-type distribution is truly unique. Using 4.8 possessions per-game in transition, more than any other SF, Muhammad was extremely opportunistic on the break, but he scored just 0.98 points per-possession there, the second worst mark in our sample. His usage on put backs and running off screens are also extremely high relative to the sample averages, as his 2.4 and 3.5 possessions per-game in those situations are both top-two marks, but again, his efficiency in actually converting there leaves a lot to be desired. By comparison, he used an exceedingly low 1.1 combined possessions per-game on isolations and pick and rolls, offering a look into how little he was asked to create off the dribble in Ben Howland's offense.

A below average 22.6% jump shooter off the dribble but respectable 40% jump shooter off the catch, Muhammad did his best work with his feet set in spot-up situations, which accounted for his 12.5% of his offense, the lowest of any small forward prospect this season. One of the biggest enigmas in this draft, Shabazz Muhammad was prolific, but less than efficient, in a large, abnormal role.

I love how Shabazz was inefficient as hell despite cherry-picking every other possession.

Not sure how that's even possible.

I'm putting the call in to Presti.

Olynyk it is! Muahahahahahaha

Fuck you :(

If I'm a clippers fan(if they exist) I'd be happy about this. Do you really want a guy who in all likelihood retire after one season? Or a coach who is severely overrated who will bail on you if the team is not expected to be a contender and will only coach if you have all the pieces in place for him so he has to do a minimal amou t of work?

If I'm a boston fan I'm also happy. Why build around a overpaid center who can just dunk?

+1 stern

Trading a coach is ridiculous lol. Stern had to veto it.

Of course the clippers are dumb enough to announce their intentions to the world.

CP3 gonna be so salty that he bails.

Of course the clippers are dumb enough to announce their intentions to the world.

I just don't see why he wouldn't come to the Mavs now, they got a great owner that will actually be able to please him.

Bread

Banned
If I'm a boston fan I'm also happy. Why build around a overpaid center who can just dunk?
Why go into another season with Pierce and KG being just good enough to keep the Cs out of the lottery? If there's ever a year to sell off talent for picks, it's this one.

If Doc is about winning a chip within the next 3 years he should probably just go to broadcasting.

Every team capable of chipping soon don't have coaching vacancies.

Unless OKC lets go of Presti...

Bias' death was such a tragedy, there is no telling how good the Celtics would have been if he had lived. I'm not a big fan of dominant dynasties, but they probably would have been exactly that.

I'm sure these exist, but does anyone know if Oden and other athletes with different sizes legs have access to specially designed shoeware to compensate for it? Does the league allow that sort of thing?

With the shit shoes they allow a lot of the players to wear I can't imagine they'd be against it.

I'm sure these exist, but does anyone know if Oden and other athletes with different sizes legs have access to specially designed shoeware to compensate for it? Does the league allow that sort of thing?

With the shit shoes they allow a lot of the players to wear I can't imagine they'd be against it.

I'm sure its legal and I'm sure he's already been doing it.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Why go into another season with Pierce and KG being just good enough to keep the Cs out of the lottery? If there's ever a year to sell off talent for picks, it's this one.

Yet when I say this everyone is like zeus "lol the clippers are robbing boston"

giri

Access too? Thats more up to him and his team, than the league.

I can't see the league being against something like that as long as it posed no danger to another player.

The question for oden when using a shoe with that much extra padding / filling though becomes about stability.

Yet when I say this everyone is like zeus "lol the clippers are robbing boston"

Because you obviously don't get it.

I think Stern just really, really hates Chris Paul. Oh well, I heard that the Clippers are going to try to get Rivers first and then hope to get Garnett later to make the two deals seem unrelated. I don't see that happening, but I'd much rather have Rivers and give up picks if we can't get KG too. Actually, I'm not all that sold on KG, I just really want a good coach.

Tom Penny

I think Stern just really, really hates Chris Paul. Oh well, I heard that the Clippers are going to try to get Rivers first and then hope to get Garnett later to make the two deals seem unrelated. I don't see that happening, but I'd much rather have Rivers and give up picks if we can't get KG too. Actually, I'm not all that sold on KG, I just really want a good coach.

Rivers is a good coach. Not a really good coach.

Access too? Thats more up to him and his team, than the league.

I can't see the league being against something like that as long as it posed no danger to another player.

The question for oden when using a shoe with that much extra padding / filling though becomes about stabilitity.

If you're worried about stability than the design could obviously be improved. Maybe have the shoe cover more of your lower leg?

giri

Sterns already come out and said that he'll block any move that has an undisclosed side deal.

Though i don't see how he could block the deal if the clippers just paid out Rivers contract and signed him or rivers just "quit", then did a KG trade. That would enter into some weird legal territory.

giri

If you're worried about stability than the design could obviously be improved. Maybe have the shoe cover more of your lower leg?

You can't really have it much higher up than just above your ankle because your mobility becomes severely limited. And actually puts more stress on your knee and related area to compensate. Not something Oden can really afford to do.

Bread

Banned
Sterns already come out and said that he'll block any move that has an undisclosed side deal.

Though i don't see how he could block the deal if the clippers just paid out Rivers contract and signed him or rivers just "quit", then did a KG trade. That would enter into some weird legal territory.
That's what I'm thinking, but then there's the small chance LAC bitches out on the KG deal and sticks it to Ainge. I doubt that would happen, but still.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

What are you talking about?

WARRIORS want some of that Bron.

I'm saying it now. Within the next 3 years the Miami Heat will be beaten by the Golden State Warriors in the NBA finals.

Go to work Warriors!!

KingGondo

Banned
Agreed. I'm going to go eat a slice of humble pie, then come back with a vengeance.

Season can't start soon enough.

It ain't even about Klay.
Ws won't make the Finals in the next 5 years, calling it now. They weren't that close this year, and their contract situation is terrible.

Should have taken Harden for Klay.

Top Bottom