• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Ws won't make the Finals in the next 5 years, calling it now. They weren't that close this year, and their contract situation is terrible.

Should have taken Harden for Klay.

How in the world is their contract situation horrible?

Jefferson AND Bied come of the books after next season.

Steph..already locked up.

Klay...already pretty locked up (and Bird rights)

Harrison Barnes..(who should be an even better overall player than Klay) ain't going anywhere unless it's via trade.

David Lee...ain't going anywhere.

Jack....getting extended...maybe. :)

The one area of concern is depth at the 5 spot, cause we know Bogut is only good for 40 games a season.

The summer of Rose's "real" comeback begins now. League on notice. Thank you Pacers and Spurs for softening up the Heat for the Bulls next season. Great strategy.

Derwind

Also Kawhi is a fucking stud.

And I remember when some Spurs were all devastated that George Hill was trade for Kawhi. I always knew this guy had potential but I'll be honest what he did in the Finals, so much heart, amazing defense, crashing the boards and turning it on with clutch plays. He'll be a monster in a few years.

If I'm the GM for the Spurs I'd get some kind of SG/SF who can score or a PG with size. They have 4 PGs yet didn't have anyone to give TP rest in this series because they use Ginobili as a point forward.

Feel bad for Manu and Duncan (close to my two favorite non-Jazz players ever), but at least the focus can be back on what matters, the Kelly Olynyk sweepstakes.

If I'm the GM for the Spurs I'd get some kind of SG/SF who can score or a PG with size. They have 4 PGs yet didn't have anyone to give TP rest in this series because they use Ginobili as a point forward.

Don't cry for them.

They will somehow find some diamond in the rough and be fine.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
The summer of Rose's "real" comeback begins now. League on notice. Thank you Pacers and Spurs for softening up the Heat for the Bulls next season. Great strategy.
The only chance the Bulls have is if they clone Boozer, and have him play every position.

BTW, this season is going to be horrible for the Lakers, but I'm a true fan who won't abandon them.

I honestly have no idea who is in this year's draft.

So I expect Dwight to let the Lakers know he is leaving around the 8th. What do you guys say?

DominoKid

3peat incoming.
i can't see them getting knocked off.
is this what it was like to live through the Jordan era and not like him?
i was only aware during the 2nd 3peat.

The Pacers have the ability to upgrade their roster this offseason, the Heat don't. If they get a starting quality point they'll beat the Heat next year. Pacers-Thunder finals.

KingGondo

Banned
How in the world is their contract situation horrible?

Jefferson AND Bied come of the books after next season.

Steph..already locked up.

Klay...already pretty locked up (and Bird rights)

Harrison Barnes..(who should be an even better overall player than Klay) ain't going anywhere unless it's via trade.

David Lee...ain't going anywhere.

Jack....getting extended...maybe. :)

The one area of concern is depth at the 5 spot, cause we know Bogut is only good for 40 games a season.
A Steph, Klay, Lee, and Jack core ain't winning shit. Lee was a terrible, impulsive signing.

Not to mention Steph's glass ankle.

I'm more worried about the Rox than the Ws.

The Pacers have the ability to upgrade their roster this offseason, the Heat don't. If they get a starting quality point they'll beat the Heat next year. Pacers-Thunder finals.

they also need a functional offense...not fuckball.

and fuckball was the reason they were able to bully teams...

so no.

The Heat will be back in the finals next year too.

The east is too ass

The one positive about the Heat pulling out in the end is that the Jazz didn't end up directly passing on two Finals MVPs for the Spurs.

Really hope Alec Burks develops into a good player :/

Knux staph

staph please

Half the East was hurt last season. East will get better.

how tho?

This draft sucks.

Boston is dead. Indiana won't get a legit point guard. DRose may never return from the deadzone. We suck ass. Yall are old. LolNyets. and the rest will stay free.

Barring Dwight and CP3 going to the Hawks, the East will be shite next year too...especially since tanking will be legendary if Wiggins and friends pan out.

Ziek

1WnRZ5x.jpg

Seriously, Kawaii is the future. 21 years old. Guarding LeBron. He put on a show. Let's disregard that missed FT. The Spurs missed plenty more that game.

how tho?

This draft sucks.

Boston is dead. Indiana won't get a legit point guard. DRose may never return from the deadzone. We suck ass. Yall are old. LolNyets. and the rest will stay free.

Barring Dwight and CP3 going to the Hawks, the East will be shite next year too...especially since tanking will be legendary if Wiggins and friends pan out.
Knux I feel what you're trying to say, I really do. But I read what you and Soulplaya are saying and all I see is this:

tumblr_m1f606CF4w1qb361y.gif

You guys are dead inside. Just take a rest this offseason, man.

The only way Miami repeats is if other teams get killed with injuries again. Chicago didn't have half of their team. Indiana didn't have Granger. Tony Parker was injured. Wesbrook was injured. Curry rolled his ankle again. Rose never came back. It was a terrible year for playoff teams and injuries.

Miami's team health is awful. Wade will give you a great game every three games. Battier may retire. Mike Miller is broken. Bosh stays pretty healthy, but he played like utter shit. So the Heat are very vulnerable. They were taken to seven games two different times by teams that weren't 100% healthy in the first place.

All I'm saying is where was Basketball Reasons when the Heat were putting together this team. I don't wanna see any team in the finals every year never mind if it was the Heat or not.

unless they swing an awesome trade it'll be hard for miami to 3peat

going to the finals 4 years straight kills your body and the east will be a little better next year and not the catastrophically awful levels it was this season

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
3peat incoming.
i can't see them getting knocked off.
is this what it was like to live through the Jordan era and not like him?
i was only aware during the 2nd 3peat.

Don't think the Bulls ever played a game 7 in the finals

Fjordson

no more basketball for a while :(

i hope knicks make decent moves this offseason but i dont think were gonna be able to do shit
Yep, summer is the worst season of sports for me as someone who isn't really into baseball.

Can't wait to see how Golden State does next year. I pray this year wasn't a complete fluke and that Mark Jackson isn't total ass with Mike Malone going to the Kings.

Hell yes. 11 boards a game in the finals and lots of great defense on Lebron. Dude could be a star in a few years.

unless they swing an awesome trade it'll be hard for miami to 3peat

going to the finals 4 years straight kills your body and the east will be a little better next year and not the catastrophically awful levels it was this season

yeah they are prone to having a 2011 lakers-like exit if they draw a bad matchup

maybe by miracle they won't wash up but I can't expect much after the last two runs have been so close

Top Bottom