• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Fjordson

Yeah, Butler is a boss. True two way player.

I really hope Rose can come back to his prior level. Or at least close to it. His highlights from before the injury remind you of just how talented he is when healthy.

J2 Cool

Yeah, Butler is a boss. True two way player.

I really hope Rose can come back to his prior level. Or at least close to it. His highlights from before the injury remind you of just how talented he is when healthy.

He was exciting. I'm worried it's flash in the pan athleticism that put him on the map though. I worry about his transition over, as I think he does. It's tough to be elite in this league without size, or a terrific shot, and Rose has neither. If we could get a few more Rose vs. Lebron years though that would be awesome. I always love how the Bulls play Miami. It would be really nice to see them all healthy again, since last time they played healthy and healthy was a young ass Bulls team. I'd hate to be jipped of that rivalry at its best.

Get Rose a fucking shooting guard already.

This too. It ain't fear with the help Lebron has now. the last thing you need is to stack the odds against him, but Chicago's front office is CHEAP and largely gutless.

Fjordson

Yeah, Rose definitely has room to improve, especially as he gets older and his athleticism starts to fade a bit, but damn he's fun to watch. I think he could continue to be great with some work on his jumper and with the players around him starting to get better and better (like Noah and Jimmy Butler).

I'm so over the Rose fiasco, but apparently he was stronger, faster, and shooting better than ever around February when he was cleared to play. In December, Jimmy Butler was talking about how Rose was dunking over everyone. It's known that Rose was destroying teammates in scrimmages.

I don't give a fuck about the regular season, I just want the Bulls team to be as healthy as they can be going into next year's playoffs. I think Deng still refuses to have surgery on his torn ligaments in his wrist that he injured 2 years ago. Noah has his foot problems... Hirich is Mr. Glass. There's Drunk Taj with his nagging injuries. God damn Boozer was more healthy than everyone last year, something tells me he's due for an "injury".

Could be worse, we could be the lol Knicks. NY will be back to the 4th seed again facing the Nets in the first round.

Tom Penny

Bulls need 3 point shooters. Other than that very solid. Pacers need a PG and some shooters too. So many teams rely on tre bombs now and they really do change games big time.

Bulls need 3 point shooters. Other than that very solid. Pacers need a PG and some shooters too. So many teams rely on tre bombs now and they really do change games big time.

What shooters are available this summer? I've heard rumors of Korver possibly coming back to the Bulls, that's about it.

Ugh, what a heartbreaking loss. I'll never lift the jihad on the Heat. Not even after the Big Three are gone.

So... what do the Spurs do?
Re-sign Manu for pennies, fast-track develop Tiago and Kahwi... bring in that euro guy we have rights go, and find a pg and another big. Should be do-able.

It's nice that Wiggins and Parker aren't tweeners like Randle. The dude is 6'9 or so with a 6'10 inch wingspan. He's easily the most overhyoed guy in next year's class. Noah Vonleh at Indiana will be a much better player than him.

It's nice that Wiggins and Parker aren't tweeners like Randle. The dude is 6'9 or so with a 6'10 inch wingspan. He's easily the most overhyoed guy in next year's class. Noah Vonleh at Indiana will be a much better player than him.

LoJ scouting next years draft so hard lulz

nbadraft.net continues to troll.

Len, McLemore, Porter, Bennett, Noel in that order.

As if the Bobcats would ever pass on Noel? The fuck

LoJ scouting next years draft so hard lulz

Damn right. I really like James Young out of next year's crop as well. He's probably going to get frozen out of games by the Harrison twins and Randle, but he's my favorite guy on that team. He has a great shot, he has fantastic size for a 2 guard, and he can create off the dribble. He comes off well in interviews too.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
If the Magic draft McLemore I'd seriously be pissed.

Dude is terrible. And he's soft too.

Would rather see them take Burke at 2. Or just about anybody else.

If the Magic draft McLemore I'd seriously be pissed.

Dude is terrible. And he's soft too.

Would rather see them take Burke at 2. Or just about anybody else.

You've already got two good shooters at the 2 in Afflalo and Lamb, adding McLemore to the mix would be pointless. Oladipo is the exact kind of guy you want on a rebuilding team.

the magic are in a no way a lock to take mclemon

his interview/workout apparently was poor and the current scuttlebutt is that they're leaning towards oladipo because rob doesn't think much of the point guards in this year's draft...or it could mean he's legit wasting his time trying to get a trash motherfucker like eric bledsoe

oladipo's lower bound is better than kcp's i think. that said some of the advanced metrics support kcp as being good, solid free throw rate inspite of taking a ton of threes and good efficiency coupled with a high usage %.

DeMarcus Cousins reportedly wants a maximum contract extension from the Sacramento Kings.

Cousins is eligible for an extension this summer, and his agent, Dan Fegan, is angling for a max offer with the threat of a trade demand if a deal isn't reached.

Barring an agreement, Fegan has instructed Cousins not to speak on anything relating to the Kings team, management or ownership.

Cousins declined to comment when asked about the Kings’ new ownership group, which is headed by Vivek Ranadive.

I love how the anchor of a team that has been 29th in defense back to back seasons thinks he's this good. Maybe he should play defense for once in his life before demanding extensions or trades.

Chris Miles ‏@mileswdsu
Mclemore's stock apparently is taking a hit as Orlando has locked into Trey Burke according to a league source

Chris Miles ‏@mileswdsu
No surprise, wizards locked on Porter at 3 more chatter about Cavs taking Len at 1

Chris Miles ‏@mileswdsu
Two different sources from two different Michael Carter Williams workouts say "he is out of shape" and could not finish their teams drills

pelicans tv guy, i think the burke info is outdated tho

Tom Penny

The Boston Celtics have called a noon press conference with president of basketball operations Danny Ainge and coach Doc Rivers, at which time it’s expected we will learn whether Rivers will be returning to the Boston bench or if he’ll be headed to the Los Angeles Clippers.

Called off I guess..

KingGondo

Banned
Breaking news:

Future HOFer Jeremy Lamb was once in a Walmart catalog.

Screen-Shot-2013-06-20-at-2.12.56-PM.png

Dawwwww.

Eleuin said:
Who has more wins next year

6ers or Raptors
Raps. If the Sixers are smart they'll try to tank into the top 5 for next year's draft and put Wiggins/Randle next to Jrue.

Raps will be bad, a/k/a Eastern Conference "Decent."

Who has more wins next year

6ers or Raptors

Both will be tied for 9th place...again. Because fuck having a future when you can be mediocre.

Raps. If the Sixers are smart they'll try to tank into the top 5 for next year's draft and put Wiggins/Randle next to Jrue.

I wish. But Jrue and Thad are "good" enough to win 33 or so games. I mean they did it with Doug eating their teammates souls..imagine if our new coach actaully enjoys coaching beyond destroying dreams?

Treadmill team for ever

KingGondo

Banned
Gentleman....

Let the #Dwightmare2013 commence
Fuuuuuuuuck. I forgot about this.

I actually hope he stays in LA. The pressure of carrying that franchise will get to him and Jim Buss is obviously a terrible manager. He scares me least there.

If he goes to Houston, they'll have the best SG and C for at least the next few years, with nice pieces like Parsons to surround them. :(

SamuraiX-

I love how the anchor of a team that has been 29th in defense back to back seasons thinks he's this good. Maybe he should play defense for once in his life before demanding extensions or trades.

Such is the nature of this new generation of bitchasses. The NBA is becoming more and more unwatchable by the year.

Kelly Olynyk destroying advanced stats leaderboards.

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Just-By-the-Numbers-the-2013-Power-Forward-Crop-4280

In terms of who is probably the most skilled player in this draft it's Olynyk without question, main problem is that drafting a center that only plays a finesse offensive role is hard to justify in todays league where rim protection is so important.

You pretty much have to have ridiculously elite perimeter talent offensively to get away with an offensive minded C ala Miami/OKC.

Luckily for Olynyk he's probably going to the Thunder. He'd beat out Perkins by the all-star break and they are going to be pretty much impossible to stop offensively if they can find a replacement for the Harden/Martin role.

KingGondo

Banned
Luckily for Olynyk he's probably going to the Thunder. He'd beat out Perkins by the all-star break and they are going to be pretty much impossible to stop offensively if they can find a replacement for the Harden/Martin role.
I think we're going to see if Lamb can be that guy for us. I don't see why he can't come in and start to produce at a 10-15 PPG level with efficiency if he's given the opportunity.

Also, thanks for the Olynyk info. I wasn't terribly high on him before, but from a statistical perspective it's hard to argue that he's extremely skilled. We could also use someone with his interior passing ability to set guys like Serge up with open looks under the basket, or to pass it to a cutting YNB or KD. He'd also make it easier for us to punish teams like Memphis and Miami who take advantage of our lack of interior skill.

Eleuin

Both will be tied for 9th place...again. Because fuck having a future when you can be mediocre.

Man colangelo fucked us over so bad, no doubt we won't be bad enough to get a good pick.

We'll probably have a better record than this year and that would be a sign of "progress."

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
I really like Jimmy, but I don't see him becoming the kind of scorer that the Bulls need beside Rose. He's more like Deng 2.0.

Great 6th man for now.

I more than less agree that he's Deng 2.0, but he's better at creating with the ball. Drives with reckless abandon and constantly working to improve his shot. He's not putting us over the top, though. He's not a player who can will himself to score.

Fuuuuuuuuck. I forgot about this.

I actually hope he stays in LA. The pressure of carrying that franchise will get to him and Jim Buss is obviously a terrible manager. He scares me least there.

If he goes to Houston, they'll have the best SG and C for at least the next few years, with nice pieces like Parsons to surround them. :(

Wait....did you call Parsons a nice piece?

Darkside is taking off his earrings as I type.

Top Bottom