• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Bread

Banned
i'm still not believing the hype for olynyk

he looked weak on the ball, taking advantage of smaller players in the post.

Bread

Banned
He didn't overpower anyone like say a Bennett. His offense is completely based on touch and skill which should transfer.
i just can't see him establishing position deep in the paint or backing anyone down, and he doesn't seem quick enough to go off the dribble. most of the baskets i saw him make (i watched the last 3 or 4 games zaga played so that's obviously sss) were him facing up from about 15 feet out and driving. i can't see him being that effective playing that way in the nba.

There's a chance that Zeller could still be there when the Thunder pick. I like Olynyk, but I like Zeller more. Presti would be crazy to not take him.

i just can't see him establishing position deep in the paint or backing anyone down, and he doesn't seem quick enough to go off the dribble. most of the baskets i saw him make (i watched the last 3 or 4 games zaga played so that's obviously sss) were him facing up from about 15 feet out and driving. i can't see him being that effective playing that way in the nba.

He's an elite pick and pop/roll player. He's going to make most dump off jumpshots and if you can do that consistently in the NBA while rebounding and defending at an average rate then you're probably going to start somewhere.

That's why I said he needs to be on a team with good players though. He's going to have a lot more room to operate playing with say the Heat or Thunder where his talents will shine. If he becomes the focus of an offense for say the Sixers then he's going to shit on consistently.

Bennett doesn't have too many weaknesses on paper situationally aside from his lack of prolific scoring ability one-on-one and in the post. It will be interesting to see if he can translate his efficiency to the next level and become a more dynamic threat creating for himself in the paint or facing up from the midrange in the coming seasons.

An undersized PF who doesn't believe in defense and is mainly an off the ball player is going to be a top 8 pick in this draft.

He's going to have to be the Ray Allen of the PF position to justify as a starter in the NBA.

Derwind

I'll be honest I figured as much but I really hope we can do something different this time. The management itself is being cleaned from top to bottom. I kind of want to expect something different this time.

I'll be honest I figured as much but I really hope we can do something different this time. The management itself is being cleaned from top to bottom. I kind of want to expect something different this time.

Management changing doesn't mean much once contracts are already locked up that are basically unmovable.

Look on the brightside though, if the Cavs GM's weren't terrible you'd probably have Jan Vesely or Tristan Thompson right now instead of Jonas.

If Ujiri is able to move Garbagnani for anything of worth then his contract is worth it.

He's never getting moved.

There are way too many scrub tweeners who can flash as stretch 4's on low sample sizes like Earl Clark for a team to bother getting a verified scrub for 10 million PER.

Derwind

He's never getting moved.

There are way too many scrub tweeners who can flash as stretch 4's on low sample sizes like Earl Clark for a team to bother getting a verified scrub for 10 million PER.

At worst amnestied, Ujiri doesn't want him thats for sure.

We'll know by July 1st.

Raps still have amnesty?

Why in the hell haven't they used it?

Chad Ford: No. Scouts have an unusual obsession with size, especially at the top of the draft, and Bennett, by virtually any definition of a power forward, is undersized at somewhere between 6-foot-7 and 6-foot-8 (he wasn't officially measured at the combine because of a shoulder injury). Some players are tweeners, where they lack the size for their position. But Bennett's such a versatile player that I don't think it's going to matter much.

Bennett reminds me a lot of Larry Johnson. He has the strength to carve out space down low and the skill set to punish opposing teams on the perimeter. Bennett is also long and a very good athlete, which will help him tremendously. I think he's one of the top five players in this draft.

Jay Bilas: No. Bennett is a solid 6-foot-8, strong and athletic. He can stretch a defense with his shooting ability and he has shown the ability to score with his back to the basket.

Bennett has very good skills with the ball, and he is best as a pick-and-pop forward, because he can really hit shots. He is especially efficient on spot-up jumpers. But, because he is only an average post defender and ball screen defender, the real question about him is who he will guard in the NBA.

When people say stuff like this, I really want them to at least tell me why Derrick Williams isn't any good or if they see Millsap as Bennetts ceiling.

Because every year there is a guy like this who flames out of the league but they are going to keep shitting out the same bs analysis.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Saving it for Kleiza.

God I get depressed thinking about all the shit contracts we have and zero draft picks this year.

It's like the Clippers don't want CP3 to stay. He will though

Maybe they'll bag Shaw or Hollins since Paul wants a black coach. But they need to do something about that roster though,something, definitely get rid of DeAndre.

KingGondo

Banned
It's like the Clippers don't want CP3 to stay. He will though

Maybe they'll bag Shaw or Hollins since Paul wants a black coach. But they need to do something about that roster though,something, definitely get rid of DeAndre.
CP3 never wanted to be a Clipper. He has a chance to go further in the playoffs in the East, and he's at the point in his career when he needs to think about his legacy. As it stands, he's never even been to the conference finals.

He could be the difference for a team like Indy or Atlanta.

Colasante

Have there been any rumors about who the Celtics would be looking at to replace Rivers should he choose to go into broadcasting? I'm interested in Brian Shaw, but I can't imagine him being free by the time this debacle finally comes to a definitive end. I'd heard Vinny Del Negro, but I don't want to imagine that actually being a possibility.

CP3 never wanted to be a Clipper. He has a chance to go further in the playoffs in the East, and he's at the point in his career when he needs to think about his legacy. As it stands, he's never even been to the conference finals.

Lol you just dont want the heat ibn the finals again.

atl and indy are outta the question for cp3. It's either la or houston.

Pimpwerx

So draft next. We have no picks. Are any decent SGs or Cs gonna fall out of the draft for us to workout and invite to SL? JHam is coming back over again this summer. I hope he's improved his game and gotten into shape. We could certainly use someone of his size. PEACE.

Tom Penny

Have there been any rumors about who the Celtics would be looking at to replace Rivers should he choose to go into broadcasting? I'm interested in Brian Shaw, but I can't imagine him being free by the time this debacle finally comes to a definitive end. I'd heard Vinny Del Negro, but I don't want to imagine that actually being a possibility.

Dat tank.

Fjordson

Indy could be so dope with CP 3. I don't see it for some reason though.

KingGondo

Banned
Lol you just dont want the heat ibn the finals again.
No, it's the truth. The Pacers made the conference finals this year (and pushed Miami to 7), and as I mentioned: he's never even been that far in the playoffs.

The West is gonna continue to be much tougher than the East. If CP3 remotely cares about his legacy, he'll go to a team like that.

No, it's the truth. The Pacers made the conference finals this year (and pushed Miami to 7), and as I mentioned: he's never even been that far in the playoffs.

The West is gonna continue to be much tougher than the East. If CP3 remotely cares about his legacy, he'll go to a team like that.

with what cap room? If they bring let David West walk, they can only sign CP3 to like $5 mil.

And I don't see the Clips doing a granger for CP3 swap.

Indy would have to trade granger for a 2nd rounder to get the cap space to sign Cp3. Which, if Cp3 said he'd do it, I'd make that deal. But is that deal available?

KingGondo

Banned
with what cap room? If they bring let David West walk, they can only sign CP3 to like $5 mil.

And I don't see the Clips doing a granger for CP3 swap.

Indy would have to trade granger for a 2nd rounder to get the cap space to sign Cp3. Which, if Cp3 said he'd do it, I'd make that deal. But is that deal available?
Dunno, I'm not a cap wizard (especially regarding the new CBA).

All I know is that a CP3, Paul George, and Hibbert core would contend for a title.

Dunno, I'm not a cap wizard (especially regarding the new CBA).

All I know is that a CP3, Paul George, and Hibbert core would contend for a title.

Hey, if I'm Indy, I make that pitch to CP3. And then I try my hardest to trade Granger to a bad team for nothing back. But even that part is hard.

Is there a team willing to take Granger on without giving back a contract? Does that team exist? If it does not, it means Cp3 has zero shot at going to Indy.

exarkun

I never thought about the first part, but it does make sense. But seeing how much publicity his role on the Clippers has gotten him, I can't see him getting out of the situation unless he realllllly sees that part two of your statement is true. I mean, he wouldn't be doing commercials with Magic and Nash or be the State Farm rep if he was in Dallas or Houston or Indy. IF the clippers don't have a future past the first round, he probably is gone.

And Shaw isn't even a guarantee of success. He'll be new and needing to feel his way a bit. Even if he is amazing, it'll cost them a season and Paul is getting older. The west is too strong for him to carry the team, but in the East he'd at least make it to the second round. And if he was on Indy...fuuuuuu that team would be nice. George Hill running the second unit would be nasty.

diehard

Fleer
If CP3 went to the Pacers, after next year they would be looking at more than $50 mil between just him, George, Hill and Hibbert.

Top Bottom