• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Tom Penny

According to one report, the Cavs and Boston Celtics are discussing a trade involving the Cavs' two second-round picks (Nos. 31 and 33) for Celtics forward Paul Pierce.

Because the Cavaliers are under the cap, a trade like that could potentially create a trade exception for Danny to use in a year.

Sure. Why not.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
When people say stuff like this, I really want them to at least tell me why Derrick Williams isn't any good or if they see Millsap as Bennetts ceiling.

Because every year there is a guy like this who flames out of the league but they are going to keep shitting out the same bs analysis.

At PF it comes down to post moves...

DW was mostly a face up guy like Beas while Milsap eats in the post

Branduil

Hey, if I'm Indy, I make that pitch to CP3. And then I try my hardest to trade Granger to a bad team for nothing back. But even that part is hard.

Is there a team willing to take Granger on without giving back a contract? Does that team exist? If it does not, it means Cp3 has zero shot at going to Indy.

The Mavs probably would LOL.

CP3 needs to come to Dallas. Dallas then needs to sign Iggy. Houston gets Howard and then houston trades Asik for Marion.

Sign mayo, other role players.

Pg-CP3, collison
SG- Mayo, Cunningham
SF-Iggy, Crowder
PF-Dirk, Wright
C- Asik, james

Good lineup?

Hey, if I'm Indy, I make that pitch to CP3. And then I try my hardest to trade Granger to a bad team for nothing back. But even that part is hard.

Is there a team willing to take Granger on without giving back a contract? Does that team exist? If it does not, it means Cp3 has zero shot at going to Indy.

I bet Cleveland would take on Granger

Some draft scuttle: Rockets have been offered chance to shed contract of PF Thomas Robinson for first-round pick in next Thursday's draft

Bad move for that next team.

Interesting quote from Dennis Lindsey on @1280sports: "Our plan is to be very agressive when it comes to moving up in the draft."

Let's just trade up if Oladipo somehow falls. Otherwise, I'm content with staying at the spots we have...

thekad

Banned
I was hoping for a 2014 pick but if we can stash Giannis or Karasev, that's not bad.

TRob for #14. I know you're down IWMTB.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Cavs looking to move up for the 19, 31, 33. Kill me now gracious Lord.

No, wait, kill Chris Grant first.

I want to believe SO badly that all of these stories are true:

http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2011/09/29/more-stories-of-michael-jordan-being-michael-jordan/

When Johnny was coaching with the Hornets in 1995 they had a good team. Glen Rice, Mourning, Johnson. Series was tied at 2 and Hornets had a chance to win game 5 in Chicago. On the biggest possession of the game, Mugsy had the ball with the Hornets down 1. Jordan backed off of him and told him: “shoot it you f—ing midget.” Mugsy shot it, didn’t come close. A year later Mugsy actually told Johnny Bach that he believes that single play ruined his career. His shot never recovered.

KingGondo

Banned
And that's why I laugh at people who compare Lebron to Jordan. Lebron is never going to be able to get into anybody's head but his own.
Truth.

LeBron is amazing, by far the best player of the post-MJ era, but people just need to stop. The comparisons are insulting and unnecessary.

SheridanHoops.com said:
Also, sources tell SheridanHoops.com the Cavs are in serious discussions to acquire Shawn Marion from Dallas in a lopsided trade that would allow them to move up from No. 19 to No. 13 in the first round by relieving the Mavs of Marion’s $9.3 million salary, allowing Mark Cuban more salary cap flexibility to use on July 1.

You can bet your bottom dollar on this: If the draft were held today, the Cavaliers would select Alex Len with the top pick. The Cavs believe he is the best fit long-term alongside Kyrie Irving.

Cleveland has the cap space to absorb Marion’s contract, and they view him as an upgrade over Alonzo Gee in their pursuit of a playoff spot next season. Sources say Cleveland is eyeing Sergey Karasev at 13.

Also, Cleveland is willing to package their two picks in the second round (Nos. 31 and 33) for a late first-rounder if they see a player they value slipping.
so much WTF.

SamuraiX-

Kings bringing Shabazz back for a second workout, this is really happening.

Samurai don't go knux on us pls

I'm actually not that down on Shabazz surprisingly.

I laughed way too hard at this, sorry samurai...

Monta
Thornton
Bazz
Thompson
Cousins

Prepare for the team that goes entire quarters without a defensive stop or an assist.

When you can draft a guy with a dumb amount of red flags onto a roster of guys with an even dumber amount of red flags, you've just gotta fuckin' do it.

#YNOT

And because I love throwing more fuel on my own fire, here's what our new owner thinks about our new GM:
FA7NbLj.jpg

CP3 got upset that people thought he got VDN fired. I think the story that came out was that CP3 wanted a Black Head Coach.

I told him I didn't understand the rationale behind Del Negro's dismissal.

"The coach is a wonderful man, and I'm sad about the whole thing," Sterling said.

"Was this done," I asked, "just to hang on to Chris Paul?"

"I always want to be honest and not say anything that is not true," Sterling said. "So I'd rather not say anything.

"But you know, the coach did a really good job. I think he did. And I liked working with him. There are just factors that make life very complicated and very challenging."

"Here you have two inexperienced people running your basketball operation in [GM] Gary Sacks and [son-in-law] Eric Miller," I told Sterling. "And Andy Roeser doesn't have the greatest track record when it comes to basketball personnel decisions.

"So I wonder, is this decision being made because the players are now calling the shots? Am I off base?"

"No, you're not off base," Sterling said. "This is a players' league, and, unfortunately, if you want to win you have to make the players happy. Don't you think that's true?"

I answered: "No. Money makes players happy."

Sterling disagreed.

"It's not entirely true. Money is not the only thing that makes them happy," Sterling said.

"They want to win, and they want the best opportunity to win. Do they know what the best opportunity to win is? I frankly don't know.

"But if you have special players, and special players think that they know the best opportunity to win, you have to support them."

Sterling did all but put out his name as the blame.

Oh my God, that Barkley story was hilarious:

The day before game 4 of the Bulls Suns finals with the Bulls leading the series 2-1.  Michael and Charles Barkley went golfing.  They played 48 holes of golf.  And Michael bought Charles a $20,000 diamond earring.  Johnny asked MJ, “what did you do all that for?”  Michael responded, “he won’t get in my way the rest of the series, what’s $20,000 to me? Charles thinks we’re great friends.  I hate that fat f—.” Jordan dropped 55 in game 4 and Barkley never touched him once.

I completely believe this shit. Like the article says, this fucking dude called out his high school basketball coach. He's a barely legal wife away from being Walder fucking Frey.

On the trade front there are at least three lottery picks that are very available. Minnesota and Portland, along with the aforementioned Mavs, continue to reach out to teams to discuss potential deals as their respective draft picks are available to the highest bidder.

Watch out for these names on draft night as they are on the rise: Ricky Ledo, Jamaal Franklin, Glen Rice Jr., and Myck Kabongo, all of whom have been impressive during workouts and could hear their names called during the first round. Franklin, who is still recovering from a sprained ankle, has been showcasing an improved jumper.
Franklin to the Knicks starting to pick up steam.

Fjordson

GAF is going haywire on me.

New design looked pretty good while it was working, though it's a bit too...spacious for me. Feels a bit empty. Probably just need to get used to it.

Top Bottom