• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

u1ZiHrN.png

Hearing rumors that the Cavs are taking a serious look at Alex Len for the number one overall pick. Honestly it wouldn't surprise me, Chris Grant has had a history of making unexpected moves (drafting Tristan Thompson 4th overall in 2011, Dion Waiters at #4 in 2012) that have worked out but I hope he doesn't have the balls to pass on Otto Porter or Nerlens Noel. Another rumor that I'm hearing is that the Cavs and Mavs are close to a deal that would allow Dallas to move out of the lottery to free up cap room for a run at Chris Paul/Dwight Howard. With the 13th selection they would be targeting the sharp shooting Russian Sergey Karasev who performed pretty well at the Nike Summit camp where he was primarily matched up against Andrew Wiggins.

Branduil

I can't tell the difference between you and Darkside anymore

one of you needs a not-happy anime avatar

Not my fault you can't tell Cynthia apart from run-of-the-mill anime characters.

I don't really get why the Mavs are so desperate to trade their pick.

Rookie wage scale, they need to free up cap space to make a run at CP3/D12. Also, they need to dump some of their bad contracts. Personally I think they should stay at 13 and draft PG Dennis Schroeder from Germany, stash him overseas for a year and really start the rebuilding process next year. This seems like another lame duck season, I feel bad for Dirk.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Franklin to the Knicks starting to pick up steam.

Jared zwerling did a chat where he said Knicks aren't looking at any 2's. The guys he heard were the top of their big board were dieng (if he falls), Mitchell, and Bullock third. Then they was a second rounder for either Canaan or wolters. Also there's a good chance they will once again add a player (or 2) from summer league if they show potential like Copeland last year.

Prigs and JR are the key FA they want to keep and lord help me. Andre Blatche is the number 1 target for an outside FA since he's made it known he wants to continue to get the minimum to screw Washington over being waived....

The 2's and 3's are basically the same in the low 20's, 6'5-6'7 guys. Bullock/Crabbe/Franklin height variation is minimal, the athleticism/skills are the factor at 24. I'll repeat, the Knicks still have not stated if they plan to stay with Carmelo at PF for next year, it'd depends largely of if Carmelo needs surgery.

Zeus Molecules

The 2's and 3's are basically the same in the low 20's, 6'5-6'7 guys. Bullock/Crabbe/Franklin height variation is minimal, the athleticism/skills are the factor at 24. I'll repeat, the Knicks still have not stated if they plan to stay with Carmelo at PF for next year, it'd depends largely of if Carmelo needs surgery.

Hey it's what Jared said, but on the flip the Knicks play their draft choices close these days. I think they are going to move Melo back to 3 for the majority of his minutes as much for his sake as for Tyson who could use help in the paint.

Jared also said the Knicks are planning to enhance shump's role from being mostly a D and 3 guy to green lit to take more shots and attack more.

Hey it's what Jared said, but on the flip the Knicks play their draft choices close these days. I think they are going to move Melo back to 3 for the majority of his minutes as much for his sake as for Tyson who could use help in the paint.

Jared also said the Knicks are planning to enhance shump's role from being mostly a D and 3 guy to green lit to take more shots and attack more.

He needs to improve his perimeter shooting, dude barely shot 40% from the field during the regular season and that was the one big knock on him coming out of college.

Zeus Molecules

Dude needs to improve his whole offensive repertoire. His handles and finishing around the rim.

I hear that the reason Shump agreed to go to summer league is to get more reps as the ball handler and to work on his driving so all parties involved know that's a flaw. Funny thing is he use to play PG.

Nelo Ice

Banned
So new GAF is pretty damn nice, I'm impressed. Was certainly not expecting this after coming back from Man of Steel. Btw :lol at the Clips, guess Sterling really doesn't want CP3 to stick around.

So what are the chances that Paul ends up at Dallas?

Very low and this is coming from a Dallas fan. He'd be smart to go there because Dirk has already said he'd take a pay cut, but it won't happen. Paul made David West an all star so Dirk would look like Larry Bird playing with him.

Summer league schedule was released a few days ago, first game is going to be the debut of the New Orleans Pelicans:

http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/130619_summer_league_schedule

NBA Summer League 2013 Game Schedule:
All Times listed are PACIFIC.

Friday July 12
COX Pavilion
1 PM – New York vs. New Orleans (Game 1)
3 PM – Atlanta vs. LA Clippers (Game 2)
5 PM – Cleveland vs. LA Lakers (Game 3)
7 PM – Charlotte vs. San Antonio (Game 4)

Saturday July 13
COX Pavilion
1 PM – Golden State vs. Washington (Game 5)
3 PM – Sacramento vs. Dallas (Game 6)
5 PM – Chicago vs. Memphis (Game 8)
7 PM – Denver vs. Milwaukee (Game 10

Thomas & Mack
3:30 PM – Minnesota vs. NBA D-League (Game 7)
5:30 PM – Phoenix vs. Portland (Game 9)
7:30 PM – Miami vs. Toronto (Game 11)

Sunday July 14
COX Pavilion
1 PM – New York vs. Washington (Game 12)
3 PM – Charlotte vs. Dallas (Game 14)
5 PM – Cleveland vs. Memphis (Game 16)
7 PM – Atlanta vs. Miami (Game 18)

Thomas & Mack
1:30 PM – LA Clippers vs. NBA D-League (Game 13)
3:30 PM – LA Lakers vs. Portland (Game 15)
5:30 PM – New Orleans vs. Milwaukee (Game 17)
7:30 PM – San Antonio vs. Toronto (Game 19)

Monday July 15
COX Pavilion
1 PM – New York vs. Charlotte (Game 20)
3 PM – Cleveland vs. New Orleans (Game 21)
5 PM – LA Clippers vs. LA Lakers (Game 23)
7 PM – San Antonio vs. Atlanta (Game 25)

Thomas & Mack
3:30 PM – Minnesota vs. Phoenix (Game 22)
5:30 PM – Sacramento vs. Golden State (Game 24)
7:30 PM – Chicago vs. Denver (Game 26)

Tuesday July 16
COX Pavilion
1 PM – Minnesota vs. Miami (Game 27)
3 PM – Sacramento vs. Toronto (Game 28)
5 PM – Chicago vs. Portland (Game 30)
7 PM – Denver vs. Washington (Game 32)

Thomas & Mack
3:30 PM – Golden State vs. Milwaukee (Game 29)
5:30 PM – Phoenix vs. Memphis (Game 31)
7:30 PM – Dallas vs. NBA D-League (Game 33)

Bill Simmons, "So, like the last month of the season you were playing hurt?"

Alex Len, "Yeah."

Simmons, "And you knew it? Did you tell anybody?"

Len, "Yeah, I told my trainers, but we treated it like a regular, like, ankle sprain. We did a lot of treatment. Icing, stuff like that, steam. But we decided to do MRI after the season. After the season, we found out I had a problem in there."

Jalen Rose, "Bill, when you're in college they don't want you to get it [the MRI] during the season. It benefits them for you to finish the season."

Simmons, "I don't love that idea. The MRI should have happened before."

Reason #47564 of why college basketball sucks.

pilonv1

Speaking of once-ESPN guys, holy shit how did I miss this last year

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php...e-report-then-espn-reports-the-deal-is-close/

Bucher: “… that’s one of the many issues or question marks I have with this report … I’m always a little reluctatant to throw water immediately when it’s someone else’s … but I don’t want it to come off as trying to dismiss someone else’s reporting … I just … when you start to look at this … this is the interesting thing for me about journalism [inaudible] at this point, right now … if it’s sexy, if it sounds good and it’s going to generate, like, people talking, then it seems as if it’s all well and good to go ahead and report it …”

Bucher: “… there was a time where, ‘ok, this is being talked about, but you know what, as constituted this doesn’t have a hope of happening, so you know what, let’s keep our powder try and not go forward with it until it makes sense.’ We’ve gone way past that. It’s the times we live in. I’ve probably been guilty of it myself. It’s still an element in working in the media today that I struggle with. Because you either come off as a guy trying to throw water on things … when maybe you’re trying to be a realist.”

that was about Adrian Woj. reporting the Dwight deal

lol Bucher

Knicks need someone who can rebound and defend the post much more than they need a point guard. If they can get Kabongo in the 2nd though that would be a great pickup.

Top Bottom