• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

In a recent interview in Brazil, Kobe calls Dirk Nowitzki the best foreign player of all time.

"Dirk Nowitzki is the best foreign player of all time, period. After him, I have to put my companion on the list, Pau (Gasol). Pau has always been one of the best, one of the most skilled I've ever seen. And then, perhaps Manu (Ginobili). And then, you know, there's Drazen Petrovic, Vlade Divac, Arvydas Sabonis. I'm sure I'm forgetting many, but these are the ones that come to mind. And Tony Parker"

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-nowitzki-pau-gasol-best-foreign-players-ever

linsivvi

In a recent interview in Brazil, Kobe calls Dirk Nowitzki the best foreign player of all time.

"Dirk Nowitzki is the best foreign player of all time, period. After him, I have to put my companion on the list, Pau (Gasol). Pau has always been one of the best, one of the most skilled I've ever seen. And then, perhaps Manu (Ginobili). And then, you know, there's Drazen Petrovic, Vlade Divac, Arvydas Sabonis. I'm sure I'm forgetting many, but these are the ones that come to mind. And Tony Parker"

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-nowitzki-pau-gasol-best-foreign-players-ever

Poor Yao Ming.

Also, Hakeem wasn't an American citizen until the mid 90s.

fertygo

That Darko story is some documentary material, my god.. I laughing too much.
I remember the story from somewhere he used to schooling Marc Gasol at youth level too.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m
Clippers called Celtics today, offered a future 1st round pick for rights to coach Doc Rivers and sides near agreement, source tells Y!

Back on, it seems. Why wasn't this done a week ago?

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
He's the best two in the draft and will be available so congrats

Yeah, hopefully. I don't know if he can really shoot well enough, but I think I'd be happy with it.

Glad that people have thrown water on that Shabazz at 9 talk. I really don't want him.

Adrian Wojnarowski

"Rivers and the Clippers are working on the language of a five-year, $35 million contract, and no agreement will be in place until those details are finalized, sources said."

exarkun

Adrian Wojnarowski

"Rivers and the Clippers are working on the language of a five-year, $35 million contract, and no agreement will be in place until those details are finalized, sources said."

If it goes through, I wouldn't blame rondo for bitching him out. Whos ever heard of a coach jumping ship like this. If Rondo want to cry now, its not nearly as bad as crying for Perkins' chubby ass.

I'm so ready for the draft to get here so I can have an idea of who we're going to pair Dirk and Chris Paul with. Pretty excited.

uh, CP3 is staying a clipper. This Doc move ensures it.

Boston fire sale coming. Everything must go!

Need to Pierce something? Wanna snag a big Bass? Need more Green? Wanna feel a bit more KG? Now is your chance!

Sources confirmed on Sunday afternoon that the "final touches" of a three-year, $21 million contract were being put together, with a first-round pick as compensation for the Boston Celtics, who have agreed to release Rivers from the three years, $21 million he has remaining on his deal with the club.

Still can't believe sterling would pay $7 mil per year for a coach. That along with a near LT team.

Crazy world...

KingKong

ahem

k-bigpic.jpg

No trade. basketball reasons

Are clippers really making a good choice here? 7 million for a coach per season? Sending a 1st round pick? All for that to be a second round team at best?

giri

Are you for real? There are a ton of teams that could use Rondo.

Such as?

There really aren't a lot of other teams with 3 great midrange+ shooters out there.

It's a legit deal now

Stern said he'd still try to veto it. Because it involved picks. but that would mean he's trying to say rivers contract is illegal. And that has a whole bunch of other repercussions i'm not sure he's ready for.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Are clippers really making a good choice here? 7 million for a coach per season? Sending a 1st round pick? All for that to be a second round team at best?

Doc is a great coach who puts together a great staff

Coaches do impact the game more than people credit them for

And they have to do something getting Doc doesn't hurt their cap so yeah pretty nice move

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I thought Stern's protest against the deal was because it involved a coach being involved in a player for player deal and the fact that the two teams were trying to skirt the rules by havig a "side-trade"

Draft pick as a compensation doesn't seem like its the same thing but its Stern so who knows

dream

Doc is a top 3 coach who will have his team playing defense, while ditching that lob city shit for some actual half court offense. $7M/yr seems fair for that.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Stern said he'd still try to veto it. Because it involved picks. but that would mean he's trying to say rivers contract is illegal. And that has a whole bunch of other repercussions i'm not sure he's ready for.

Thought it was the unknown year of the pick
Like future considerations that he didn't like

Top Bottom