• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Getting KG and losing CP3 would have really sucked

Brad Turner @BA_Turner

Clippers always stayed in contact with Chris Paul, Blake Griffn aobut coaching search. Never got impression he was upset, just hoped 4 best

Honestly, I never thought we had any doubt about resigning CP3. I really just want to get rid of the albatross contract that we have in Dumbandre and getting KG would have been great.

Not sure if it's because I'm started to become too jaded to blockbuster movies or because it sucked, but I really hated Man of Steel.

"My basketball days are done. That's no secret." - Brandon Roy

Finally making good decisions, Roy.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Honestly, I never thought we had any doubt about resigning CP3. I really just want to get rid of the albatross contract that we have in Dumbandre and getting KG would have been great.
He made his opinion well known

And getting Doc first is good

Let him get input for the rest of the offseason

Why would Cle want another 1st round pick in a pretty weak draft?

Cleveland has 4 picks this year, there's no way they want to bring in that many rookies, Dan Gilbert has gone on record to say that they want to make a playoff push this year. Also, the Cavs have been actively trying to move up in the draft to take SG/SF Sergey Karasev with their second selection.

Do you guys think Dallas would be willing to do something like this:

Trade the number 13 pick to Cleveland for their two second round picks. Trade Marion to NOLA for 2014 future 1st round pick. Package those 3 picks + Cunningham for Rondo from Boston.

You then have a good point guard to work with. Sign Iggy or smith this summer. Sign Mayo to 5 million per year max. Bring back collison. Bring back wright. Use sarge as a starter or sign a decently competent center. Be a playoff team most likely this year and at best a second round exit.

In 2014 sign Cousins to max and bring back dirk.

PG- Rondo/Collison
SG-Mayo/Carter
SF-Iggy or Smith/Crowder
PF- Dirk/Wright
C- Cousins/Sarge

Contender?

If not then I think cuban should seriously consider trading dirk to a contender. Would be shame to see his talents wasted on a sucky team. Maybe to Indian or the lakers? A Kobe, Dwight, dirk combo would actually be out of this world. The lakers need a stretch 4 who can knock down any shot.

The Hornets wouldn't give up a 1st rounder for Marion so that's where your fantasy falls apart

dalVlatko

Chad Ford ‏@chadfordinsider 13m
Hearing same RT @KyleTucker_CJ: Noel was in Cleveland last week and said the Cavs' team doc told him "everything was perfect" with his knee.

No excuses Grant

Cleveland has 4 picks this year, there's no way they want to bring in that many rookies, Dan Gilbert has gone on record to say that they want to make a playoff push this year. Also, the Cavs have been actively trying to move up in the draft to take SG/SF Sergey Karasev with their second selection.
Cavs are worried that Danny Ferry is going to take the player they want at 17 or 18

Wouldn't be surprised if they tried to move up using second round picks again

No excuses Grant

Len has an NBA ready frame, can actually help the team earlier and isn't severely limited on the offensive end. Nerlens is a stick and will need to put on a good 50 pounds before he can play in the association and not get tossed around inside like a ragdoll, but will his knees hold up? Noel has had two MAJOR injuries to the same knee, he could easily end up being the next Greg Oden.

Vahagn

I wholeheartedly endorse Dirk to LA for Pau FullMetal

Chalk me up as one of the guys who really likes Doc. If he wasnt the Celtics coach I'd love to have him, D'Antoni is going to look so much stupider coaching the same the Building as Doc.

Glad Noel's knee checked out.

Len has an NBA ready frame, can actually help the team earlier and isn't severely limited on the offensive end.

Nope. Len has no offensive game other than dunking and he's going to suck on defense in his first two years (at least). Picking him for offense and immediate impact would not be a good idea.

Glad Noel's knee checked out.

Nope. Len has no offensive game other than dunking and he's going to suck on defense in his first two years (at least). Picking him for offense and immediate impact would not be a good idea.

Did you even watch Maryland play this year outside of the ACC tournament, if that? Len can run the floor, play with his back to the basket and has a developing mid-range game. Sure, he disappeared at times this past season but showed up when it mattered. He outplayed Noel in their match up dropping 23 pts, 12 rebs, and 4 blks against the supposed consensus number 1 overall pick and defensive prodigy. He also torched Mason Plumlee using a variety of face ups, jabs, inside pivots, etc and displayed nice touch around the hoop.

Defensively he's going to be fine. Do you really think Nerlens at 200 lbs is going to make much of an impact immediately? If Len could bully him on the block, professional big men are going to straight up push him around until he can get another 50 lbs on his frame. That's going to take time and who knows if his knees will hold up. Len has a 7'3 wingspan and is taller than Nerlens. While he doesn't posses elite athleticism, Len will be a good rim protector for whoever picks him.

Did you even watch Maryland this year? Len can run the floor, play with his back to the basket and has a developing mid-range game. Sure, he disappeared at times this past season but showed up when it mattered. He outplayed Noel in their match up dropping 23 pts, 12 reb, and 4 blks against the supposed consensus number 1 overall pick and defensive prodigy. He also torched Mason Plumlee using a variety of face ups, jabs, inside pivots, etc and displayed nice touch around the hoop.

Defensively he's going to be fine. Do you really think Nerlens at 200 lbs is going to make much of an impact immediately? If Len could bully him on the block, professional big men are going to straight up push him around until he can get another 50 lbs on his frame. That's going to take time and who knows if his knees will hold up. Len has a 7'3 and is taller than Nerlens. While he doesn't posses elite athleticism, Len will be a good rim protector for whoever picks him.

Len was terrible in the post this year. He barely scored any points on postups and was super inefficient getting there and looked awkward as hell trying to do anything. He dominated Noel and Plumlee (actually only once) because that was Noel's first game and because Plumlee sucks. Len is going to take a few years to play defense because 99% of players who aren't incredible defensive prospects take a few years to learn how to play defense. Len is going to make the same impact next year that Meyers Leonard made this year.

Noel isn't going to do anything in his first two years either, but he'll probably be better in his prime than Len will.

ibwAgaSw1m4eMr.gif

Len was terrible in the post this year. He barely scored any points on postups and was super inefficient getting there and looked awkward as hell trying to do anything. He dominated Noel and Plumlee (actually only once) because that was Noel's first game and because Plumlee sucks. Len is going to take a few years to play defense because 99% of players who aren't incredible defensive prospects take a few years to learn how to play defense. Len is going to make the same impact next year that Meyers Leonard made this year.

Len converted around 40% of his field goals playing with his back to the basket in the post. While this isn't a high percentage, you have to realize that Maryland was playing an offensively challenged big in Alex Padgett next to him who couldn't space the floor and just took up space in the paint. Maryland's offensive in the half court basically consisted of swinging the ball around the perimeter a few times and then jacking up a bad shot or dumping it into Len. When he got the ball, defenses were able to key in on him and due to the lack of spacing, weak side help was often there in a hurry which hurt his efficiency.

Len is much further along in his offensive game than Nerlens, the kid averaged 17.5 points per 40 during a down year. If you think Len is awkward around the basket and can't score, then you need to watch more tape on Noel.

He dominated Noel because the kid is too weak to compete on the block with his stick frame and couldn't use his athletic ability to overwhelm an opponent that actually has NBA talent. Plumlee isn't a scrub either, he's an athletic big that will probably be a rotational guy in the league for a long time.

Khalid-S

your rebuild will go a hell of a lock quicker because you actually have some players that are worth trading for. I very much doubt you'll be rebuilding for more than 2 years. We're on year 3 1/2.

I hope. But thats IF Rondo is staying. I can see him in a different jersey next year or 2014. Jeff Green is young and good but his heart condition is still a fear. Sullinger is decent.

i wonder if erick green's horrible virginia tech team made the tourney would result in him getting the same hype mccollum is getting since he put up basically the same stats mccollum did this year and last and is more of a point guard.

i wonder if erick green's horrible virginia tech team made the tourney would result in him getting the same hype mccollum is getting since he put up basically the same stats mccollum did this year and last and is more of a point guard.

The difference though is that McCollum is a lights out shooter with legit NBA range. Still, Green should be a serviceable backup.

The difference though is that McCollum is a lights out shooter with legit NBA range. Still, Green should be a serviceable backup.

green is much much quicker and is way better at running the pick and roll than mccollum

there's also the fact mccollum is going lottery while green could conceivably be taken 45th

Top Bottom