• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

I thought Stern's protest against the deal was because it involved a coach being involved in a player for player deal and the fact that the two teams were trying to skirt the rules by havig a "side-trade"

Draft pick as a compensation doesn't seem like its the same thing but its Stern so who knows

It was. draft picks for a coach is legal and has precedence. This deal won't be vetoed, Stern made it clear that this deal alongside deals involving players was not allowed.

KG can't be shipped off the LA this offseason.

Really curious to see if he retires, now.

eS0SsaP.gift

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
With all the hard work Stern did to get CP3 to the Clippers I doubt he blocks this deal

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
sam_amick
Can confirm Clippers have agreement in principle with Doc Rivers to be their coach. 2015 first-round unprotected in return.

Didnt realize it was unprotected. Guess that was old news shrug

It's definitely not a good time to be a Mavs fan. Just seem like it's all going to shit, piece after piece. I'd rather tank this year and try to get a high draft pick then be another fringe playoff team. That was terrible to deal with.

Do you guys think Dallas would be willing to do something like this:

Trade the number 13 pick to Cleveland for their two second round picks. Trade Marion to NOLA for 2014 future 1st round pick. Package those 3 picks + Cunningham for Rondo from Boston.

You then have a good point guard to work with. Sign Iggy or smith this summer. Sign Mayo to 5 million per year max. Bring back collison. Bring back wright. Use sarge as a starter or sign a decently competent center. Be a playoff team most likely this year and at best a second round exit.

In 2014 sign Cousins to max and bring back dirk.

PG- Rondo/Collison
SG-Mayo/Carter
SF-Iggy or Smith/Crowder
PF- Dirk/Wright
C- Cousins/Sarge

Contender?

If not then I think cuban should seriously consider trading dirk to a contender. Would be shame to see his talents wasted on a sucky team. Maybe to Indian or the lakers? A Kobe, Dwight, dirk combo would actually be out of this world. The lakers need a stretch 4 who can knock down any shot.

Blackace

sam_amick
Can confirm Clippers have agreement in principle with Doc Rivers to be their coach. 2015 first-round unprotected in return.

Didnt realize it was unprotected. Guess that was old news shrug

Well they don't expect to be a lottery team

Trade the number 13 pick to Cleveland for their two second round picks. Trade Marion to NOLA for 2014 future 1st round pick. Package those 3 picks + Cunningham for Rondo from Boston.

You then have a good point guard to work with. Sign Iggy or smith this summer. Sign Mayo to 5 million per year max. Bring back collison. Bring back wright. Use sarge as a starter or sign a decently competent center. Be a playoff team most likely this year and at best a second round exit.

PG- Rondo/Collison
SG-Mayo/Carter
SF-Iggy or Smith/Crowder
PF- Dirk/Wright
C- Cousins/Sarge

Contender?

If not then I think cuban should seriously consider trading dirk to a contender. Would be shame to see his talents wasted on a sucky team. Maybe to Indian or the lakers? A Kobe, Dwight, dirk combo would actually be out of this world. The lakers need a stretch 4 who can knock down any shot.

I want Dirk to go to a place that he can start settling into a lesser role. If he has to carry a team again, then I'd rather him be traded so we can start tanking for Wiggins.

Blackace

PG- Rondo/Collison
SG-Mayo/Carter
SF-Iggy or Smith/Crowder
PF- Dirk/Wright
C- Cousins/Sarge

Contender?

Why would Cle want another 1st round pick in a pretty weak draft?

I want Dirk to go to a place that he can start settling into a lesser role. If he has to carry a team again, then I'd rather him be traded so we can start tanking for Wiggins.

Exactly. Dirk has the right to try to win another championship. Just too talented to be stuck in a rebuilding team. I wouldnt be upset as a mavs fan at all. Next years draft is going to be packed. So it's a win for the MAVS and dirk.

Why would Cle want another 1st round pick in a pretty weak draft?

Just a thought I was throwing around. There have been rumors going around that Cleveland wants to move up in the draft to get a pg from Europe or so ring of the sort. And apparently the hornets are interested in Marion.

diehard

Fleer
Doc is a top 3 coach who will have his team playing defense, while ditching that lob city shit for some actual half court offense. $7M/yr seems fair for that.

Yeah that 19th slowest pace was way too fast, and the 4th in efficiency was terrible.

Blackace

Just a thought I was throwing around. There have been rumors going around that Cleveland wants to move up in the draft to get a pg from Europe or so ring of the sort. And apparently the hornets are interested in Marion.

With Kyrie I doubt they are that desperate to do it
And Marion isn't worth a lottery pick

Branduil

Doc is a top 3 coach who will have his team playing defense, while ditching that lob city shit for some actual half court offense. $7M/yr seems fair for that.

Doesn't matter who the coach is, Griffin and Jordan aren't going to scare anybody from the paint.

Exactly. Dirk has the right to try to win another championship. Just too talented to be stuck in a rebuilding team. I wouldnt be upset as a mavs fan at all. Next years draft is going to be packed. So it's a win for the MAVS and dirk.

Yup, the problem is that our team is void of young talent, plus Dirk's contract is taking up too much cap room for us to really sign any other guys if we want Paul/Howard. I honestly would like to try and get some picks for Dirk, plus tank to get a high pick for next years draft, then to have Dirk try to carry another team to the playoffs. We all know that this team currently constructed wouldn't have a chance to do anything major in the playoffs without some huge upgrades, so I say fuck the dry powder, and just start over from scratch if CP3 and Howard are truly going elsewhere.

Yup, the problem is that our team is void of young talent, plus Dirk's contract is taking up too much cap room for us to really sign any other guys if we want Paul/Howard. I honestly would like to try and get some picks for Dirk, plus tank to get a high pick for next years draft, then to have Dirk try to carry another team to the playoffs. We all know that this team currently constructed wouldn't have a chance to do anything major in the playoffs without some huge upgrades, so I say fuck the dry powder, and just start over from scratch if CP3 and Howard are truly going elsewhere.

Trading with Lakers would be a good option since they can trade Gasol. I'm sure teams like Houston, Brooklyn, New Orelans will be more than willing to part with a couple of picks for him. Trade those picks for dirk

The Clippers are still a piece or two away.

And once they re-sign CP3 just have the MLE left if they renounce rights.

Their free agents are Billups, Barnes, Hollins, Turiaf, Odom, Green if waived, and Hill retired.

Their starting wings are Caron Butler and Jamal Crawford right now. And Jamal is 32 who just had a career year and Butler has regressed a lot.

They have to trade Bledsoe for a big piece if they want to be a contender. Who knows if Barnes finally gets more than a min somewhere.

Mavs are probably going to try to go after Dwight and Monta Ellis LOL.

Personally think it's Lakers or Rockets for Dwight.

And mavs will not go after Ellis. Ellis is like the worst adjusted +/- starter and Dallas loves that stat. No fucking way they go after him.

Mavs are probably going to try to go after Dwight and Monta Ellis LOL.

That's the only choice right now. Or try and figure out a way to get Cousins, which is highly unlikely as well. The most probable situation right now is that we trade the 13th pick, get no one in the FA market or through trade, then keep saving that dry powder year after year.

That's the only choice right now. Or try and figure out a way to get Cousins, which is highly unlikely as well. The most probable situation right now is that we trade the 13th pick, get no one in the FA market or through trade, then keep saving that dry powder year after year.

The Mavs would never get Ellis and Cousins because the Mavs aren't stupid.

However, a team with Ellis and Cousins on it would be amazing. I really hope the Kings put those two together with Salmons and Tyreke.

You couldn't possibly put together a more comical combination of players.

Blackace

The Mavs would never get Ellis and Cousins because the Mavs aren't stupid.

However, a team with Ellis and Cousins on it would be amazing. I really hope the Kings put those two together with Salmons and Tyreke.

You couldn't possibly put together a more comical combination of players.

Is this the same Mavs team who got Walker and Jamison in the same season?

Damp Diop contracts?

What could the Pacers offer the Celtics for rondo? No Granger offers please.

Granger would go to a 3rd team and Boston would get a future 1st from Indy and something from the 3rd team.

I do think Indy should think about pulling this off. Even bring back Bass if they can to come off the bench.

Rondo-Hill
Stevenson-Hill
George-Young
West-Bass
Hibbert-Bass

Not bad.

Top Bottom