• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

exarkun

Reason he's been wavering in the 15-25 range is he had some great shooting workouts for teams the last 2 weeks.

EDIT: huge sleeper for the Knicks is Glen Rice Jr. He played with Shumpert at Georgia State, dude has freakish talent and is moving up. He was surprisingly efficient in the D-League.

Can't have, hes someone Fat Elvis has great interest in. Hes been on our d-league team for a while now. And yea, hes turned it around in a BIG way. Dunno if the d-league has turned out any like him beforehand (in terms of improving his draft stock the way he has).

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
So lets assume the celtics and bucks dont make the playoffs who do ya'll think takes their spot? My money is on the raptors and cavs.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
This is the first draft in 20 years I haven't been that interested in. It sort of feels empty, like I've just come out of a long term relationship and our anniversary is coming up.
Even Candyman got people hyped

Wow wasn't expecting that Doc trade to actually go through.

Not sure how I feel about it, though I guess getting Sterling to open up and finally pay a minority is a good thing. We're turning a new leaf everyone!

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Wizards for sure, if healthy, then it's between the Raptors/Sixers/Cavs/Pistons...I'd probably go with the Raptors.
Think the Cavs are going to be much better

And like the Pistons front court a lot

Think the Cavs are going to be much better

And like the Pistons front court a lot

I think they'll be better too, how much depends on how free agency plays out. We should find out soon, I love this time of year because trades should be coming left and right once July 1st hits.

Also, there's some dude on our Realgm board who's claiming that he interviewed for a job with the Bobcats and saw our draft board. He says that Anthony Bennett is the number one player on our board :(

He's short and doesn't play defense, I refuse to believe Cho likes him.

Messi

Am I bandwagoning if I start supporting the Lakers as a new NBA fan? I like Kobe and kind of like dwight howard/nash/gasol

Hey, CelticsAge, just remember it could always be worse:

EoXrGr5.png

lmfao

is this real

Fjordson

Crazy how much Alex Len's stock is rising. Keep seeing Kentucky boards talking about how Noel may drop below him. Didn't look all that impressive to me when UK played Maryland early in the year, but I guess it speaks to this weak draft class.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I saw that also earlier.

Darko :lol it's all been said before a million times, but what a whiff by Dumars and company.

Darko was one of those guys who ended up being his own worst enemy. You would get glimpses of greatness from him, but every time he hit a slump, it instantly led to a 15 game streak of mediocrity.

No confidence :(

Crazy how much Alex Len's stock is rising. Keep seeing Kentucky boards talking about how Noel may drop below him. Didn't look all that impressive to me when UK played Maryland early in the year, but I guess it speaks to this weak draft class.

but wasn't that his best game? IIRC he destroyed Noel.

Fjordson

but wasn't that his best game? IIRC he destroyed Noel.
Well Kentucky was garbage so a lot of people destroyed us last year =[

He had a good game, but I sort of contributed it more to Noel being bad than Len being great. Lots of silly bites on pump fakes and not pressuring his jumpshot enough. Honestly, Noel by the time of his injury midseason was worlds better than he was those first few games. He started the season off shaky.

Not saying Len is bad, just surprising to me that he's potentially risen to the top spot.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So lets assume the celtics and bucks dont make the playoffs who do ya'll think takes their spot? My money is on the raptors and cavs.

Wizards for sure, if healthy, then it's between the Raptors/Sixers/Cavs/Pistons...I'd probably go with the Raptors.

Andrew Wiggins is coming this draft so if I know Toronto sports as well as I do I expect the Raptors to move as far away from even having a chance at drafting him this upcoming season. :(

Shame circle continues.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Garnett has two years, $24.4 million left on his Celtics deal, but there's a growing belief that he'll play one more season before retiring and joining his old coach, Flip Saunders, with a ceremonial role in Minnesota Timberwolves ownership, league sources told Y! Sports.

I'm glad Taylor and KG are on good enough terms again to make this happen.

GaimeGuy

I'm glad Taylor and KG are on good enough terms again to make this happen.

Taylor was never the problem. McHale was.

Of course, Taylor didn't get rid of McHale until like 7 years after the "Fire McHale" chants started being audible during Wolves games...

And remember, KG's first comment after the 2008 championship win was "This is for everybody in 'Sota." He never was on bad terms with us.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Taylor was never the problem. McHale was.

Of course, Taylor didn't get rid of McHale until like 7 years after the "Fire McHale" chants started being audible during Wolves games...

And remember, KG's first comment after the 2008 championship win was "This is for everybody in 'Sota." He never was on bad terms with us.

I thought Taylor had kinda thrown him under the bus after the trade, questioning his effort and such?

Whatever, water under the bridge, time heals all, etc. He's the best player that will ever play for this team, so they need to get him back in the fold.

I think Garnett's perception changed after the trade (I had soured on him for a time, for sure), but it'll be really cathartic when he comes back and they retire 21 and everything.

I have watched the past 2 years without having a team and from that time I have liked watching lakers. Thunder. Clippers and the spurs. I also quite like how Mario Chalmers plays. As random as all this is.

Its hard to pick a team

Come root for the Hawks with me, Messi. It's Olivia Wilde's favorite NBA team.

Spooks

Well Kentucky was garbage so a lot of people destroyed us last year =[

He had a good game, but I sort of contributed it more to Noel being bad than Len being great. Lots of silly bites on pump fakes and not pressuring his jumpshot enough. Honestly, Noel by the time of his injury midseason was worlds better than he was those first few games. He started the season off shaky.

Not saying Len is bad, just surprising to me that he's potentially risen to the top spot.
Wasn't that Noel's first game too? I wouldn't put too much stock in it. And I think len's rising mostly had to do with the uncertainty of Noel's knee. Which is kind of silly since Len has a stress fracture on his ankle and all..

GaimeGuy

Is there an easily accessible database which allows you to view career splits for a player under a certain age?

Like, say I wanted to see a player's basic and advanced stats from the years 2002-2008. Or their stats prior to the age of 30. Or their stats under the age of 29 excluding their rookie seasons.

I ask this because most players have their roles change throughout their careers but we get caught up in the career totals for stat comparisons. Like, I was looking through the NBA finals thread and I noticed there were discussions involving comparisons between KG, Duncan, and Dirk on their career regular season and playoff averages, despite differences in games played, ages, and, well, distribution.

IE: I'd expect KG's playoff averages to be lower than Duncan's and Dirk's because the vast majority of his playoff games have been with the celtics, on the back-end of his career. And I'd expect his regular season numbers to have had a sharper drop off than those of Duncan and Dirk because of the change in his role.

Similarly, I'd expect Kevin McHale's numbers to spike rather sharply during years 6-9 because those are the seasons he was a starter rather than a 6th man. His "prime" would be from ages 29-31/32, rather than 27-30.

Top Bottom