• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Marc Stein says the Wiz and Bulls have discussed:

Wiz get: Luol Deng
Bulls get: #3 pick, Okafor

I assume they'd be targeting McLemore or Oladipo?

If Grunfeld goes for that trade he truly is mentally challenged. Someone should tell him that Deng is an UFA at the end of the season and that giving up a number 3 pick for someone you could sign at the end of the season and give up nothing is about as sensical as playing basketball with a helmet.

3062952759_1_7_ighnaXIF.gif

KingGondo

Banned
I'm actually really looking forward to this draft. Not only because this will probably be the last lottery pick that OKC has for quite some time, but because we're probably gonna see some hilariously bad trades.

5 teams are trying to get that last piece to contend for a chip.
20 teams won't get appreciably better or worse with what's available in this draft and are looking to trade their pick if the right offer comes along.
5 teams are desperately trying to get in prime tanking position for 2014.

OKC has the 12th, 29th, and 32nd picks. I'd be surprised if we don't make a trade at some point. I actually think we're dark horse contenders to get KG and Pierce.

OKC gets: KG, PP
Boston gets: Perk, 12th pick, 29th pick, PJ3

Who says no? And yes, I think the Czzz are the only team that would take Perkins.

KingGondo

Banned
Perk has zero value.

They'd have to amnesty him.
That's not happening.

And while he definitely sucks, he has value to a team that wants to tank this season. Czzz are blowing it up, and it was well-known that Rondo was devastated when they traded him.

Let me dream, motherfuckers!

It's shocking how in bed some of these journalists are with certain FO types.

To push an article like that is just...it's ESPN so I shouldn't be surprised, but my god.

That's not happening.

And while he definitely sucks, he has value to a team that wants to tank this season. Czzz are blowing it up, and it was well-known that Rondo was devastated when they traded him.

Let me dream, motherfuckers!

lol.

I just question the wisdom in getting somebody solely for the purpose of amnestying the dude when they could amnesty PP and get more out of it. ;o

thekad

Banned
I hear the Wizards are trying to throw in maxWall instead of the #3 but the Bulls keep telling them they already have a PG.

KingGondo

Banned
lol.

I just question the wisdom in getting somebody solely for the purpose of amnestying the dude when they could amnesty PP and get more out of it. ;o
If Ainge is smart he'll dump everyone and try to tank for next season with Rondo, Green and a pu-pu platter as their roster.

Czzz fans are smart enough to realize that one year of tanking can be worth it, especially when there are 4-6 legit All-Star type guys in next year's draft. Hell, the Bobkittens and Cavs have been tanking for 3-4 straight years in anticipation of a draft like 2014.

If Ainge is smart he'll dump everyone and try to tank for next season with Rondo, Green and a pu-pu platter as their roster.

Czzz fans are smart enough to realize that one year of tanking can be worth it, especially when there are 4-6 legit All-Star type guys in next year's draft. Hell, the Bobkittens and Cavs have been tanking for 3-4 straight years in anticipation of a draft like 2014.

Got season tickets and box seats to sell yo.

Can't make it that obvious. At least till Christmas.

While they should get something out of KG and PP, they need to at least hold out for more than a late lottery pick.

I'm actually really looking forward to this draft. Not only because this will probably be the last lottery pick that OKC has for quite some time, but because we're probably gonna see some hilariously bad trades.

20 teams won't get appreciably better or worse with what's available in this draft and are looking to trade their pick if the right offer comes along.

OKC has the 12th, 29th, and 32nd picks. I'd be surprised if we don't make a trade at some point. I actually think we're dark horse contenders to get KG and Pierce.

Who says no? And yes, I think the Czzz are the only team that would take Perkins.

The CBA says no.

PP and KG are like $30 million. To make a deal you have to shed well over $20 mil.

KingGondo

Banned
While they should get something out of KG and PP, they need to at least hold out for more than a late lottery pick.
You're right.

They should hold out for a late lottery pick, the 29th pick, Kendrick Perkins, and Perry Jones III.

Black Mamba said:
The CBA says no.

PP and KG are like $30 million. To make a deal you have to shed well over $20 mil.
Presti's a wizard, no worries here.

linsivvi

Presti's a wizard, no worries here.

The real wizard took Harden.

And it's simple mathematics. Durant + Westbrook + Ibaka + Perkins = $54M. There's nothing you can do.

And that's assuming you don't resign Martin. Which means Harden for a shitty pick and a player you don't play.

What a wizard. Poof. Harden gone.

KingGondo

Banned
No worries, Wiz fans:

David Aldridge said:
You can put @LuolDeng9 to the Wiz for @BigMek50 and the 3rd pick on ice. No chance.

And Jesus, you guys are taking my suggestions too seriously. Just throwing out some pre-draft bullshit (without looking at the cap situation, obviously).

And my Presti comment was clearly tongue-in-cheek. :p

BadAss2961

Marc Stein says the Wiz and Bulls have discussed:

Wiz get: Luol Deng
Bulls get: #3 pick, Okafor

I assume they'd be targeting McLemore or Oladipo?
Not sure about Oladipo, but if the Bulls can turn that into McLemore then that's a fucking steal.

We're really flexible with Deng because of Jimmy Butler.

The Hawks or the Cavs would likely give up their mid-1st pick for Deng once they strike out in free agency, that's as much as you'd get for Deng though. Not really worth it imo.

Bread

Banned

take pierce out of the deal, have him go to okc after we buy him out/amnesty. I'd love this deal.

Talon

The Hawks or the Cavs would likely give up their mid-1st pick for Deng once they strike out in free agency, that's as much as you'd get for Deng though. Not really worth it imo.
The rage I felt when we drafted Childress instead of Deng that year...

...and then the rage I felt when we drafted Marvin instead of Deron or Chris.

...and then the rage I felt when we drafted Sheldon in the Top 5 instead of even a sack of flour.

diehard

Fleer
The rage I felt when we drafted Childress instead of Deng that year...

...and then the rage I felt when we drafted Marvin instead of Deron or Chris.

...and then the rage I felt when we drafted Sheldon in the Top 5 instead of even a sack of flour.

Be honest, were you really raging at the time those things happened?

Talon

Be honest, were you really raging at the time those things happened?
1. I remember the Childress pick pretty vividly. I was listening to the radio while doing homework in High School. We were expecting Deng to be gone at that point, but he was there. We knew Billy Knight loved long, athletic swingmen, so we expected either Deng or Childress...and we knew Childress' ugly ass shot wasn't going to cut it in the league. Of course we get Deng.

2. Local media was getting hyped as fuck about Marvin, but we had been trotting out hot garbage at point for too many years. I wanted Deron because of his size and toughness...but of course we got Marvin. Seemed particularly odd considering Josh and Josh were already set at 3 and 4. Of fucking course.

3. Dude. Everyone was mad about Sheldon. He had no business getting picked in the top 5. I was at my uncle's house, and I was furious about this pick.

Instead of Deron, Chris, Conley, Rondo, or even Ray Felton and Jarrett Jack in a 3 year span.

We ended up with Acie Law.

Think about that for a minute.

EDIT: At least we didn't draft Javaris Crittenton.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Scottie Pippen arrested for felony assault. Knocked somebody the fuck out at a club in Malibu last night.

edit: details from TMZ (grains of salt and all that)

The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department tells us ... Pippen has since been named as a suspect in a report for assault with a deadly weapon -- the deadly weapon being his shoes. We're told Pippen repeatedly kicked the 50-something-year-old victim when he was down.

As one source put it, "He beat the f*** out of him."

According to witnesses, the fight started after the alleged victim approached Pippen for an autograph. We're told Pippen said no, and something happened to set off the fight.

A family member of the alleged victim tells us, he was released from the hospital this morning with broken teeth, a swollen mouth, as well as back and head injuries.

LOL, Chris Smoove saying in ons of his recent videos that two people sitting next to him left in the 3rd quarter of game 6, leaving their stretched white shirts behind...

It's one thing to leave in the 4th, but in the 3rd, trailing by six...

Top Bottom