• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Pimpwerx

Eating breakfast before walking with my dog down to the parade route. I heard they'll have checkpoints, so I guess I won't be bringing any beverages with me. Time to reap the spoils of victory, boys! :D No time for losers, because we are the champions...of the world. PEACE.

linsivvi

"i like kobe and kind of like nash/dwight/gasol"

that is how

3 old men an injury away from retirement and a player who might not even be on the team. That's like saying rooting for Raptors Hakeem or Knicks Kidd or Spurs Tmac is hopping on the bandwagon.

Bennett has apparently put up 18 pounds of fat in the last month and a half, wtf?

Chad Ford said:
Bennett's been injured & unable to workout. Combined with lots of travel & his body type, not a huge surprise he gained 18 pounds

Is there an easily accessible database which allows you to view career splits for a player under a certain age?

Like, say I wanted to see a player's basic and advanced stats from the years 2002-2008. Or their stats prior to the age of 30. Or their stats under the age of 29 excluding their rookie seasons.

I ask this because most players have their roles change throughout their careers but we get caught up in the career totals for stat comparisons. Like, I was looking through the NBA finals thread and I noticed there were discussions involving comparisons between KG, Duncan, and Dirk on their career regular season and playoff averages, despite differences in games played, ages, and, well, distribution.

IE: I'd expect KG's playoff averages to be lower than Duncan's and Dirk's because the vast majority of his playoff games have been with the celtics, on the back-end of his career. And I'd expect his regular season numbers to have had a sharper drop off than those of Duncan and Dirk because of the change in his role.

Similarly, I'd expect Kevin McHale's numbers to spike rather sharply during years 6-9 because those are the seasons he was a starter rather than a 6th man. His "prime" would be from ages 29-31/32, rather than 27-30.

On Basketball reference, you can click two different seasons and it will give you the numbers (either simple or advanced depending on what section you're clicking in) for that period of time. KG in the playoffs in Minnesota averaged 22/13/5 with a 51% TS% and a 13.6% TOV. From 1999 to 2004 he averaged 24/14/5 on a 51% TS% and a 13.1% TOV.

Bennett has apparently put up 18 pounds of fat in the last month and a half, wtf?

Hopefully, it was our FO that found this out since he was in Charlotte over the weekend. He hurt his shoulder, so he should still be able to run or at the very least hop on an exercise bike. There's no excuse for him to gain that much weight traveling or not. I hope we haven't forgotten our Sean May lesson so soon.

Awesome news with Bennett, going to be awesome seeing his supporters try to defend this shit

you are going to be so crushed if yall take Bennett.

Just like RedBlaster is going to full Evan Turner when they take Mclemore lol.

this is why I don't troll any prospect until after the draft.

you are going to be so crushed if yall take Bennett.

Just like RedBlaster is going to full Evan Turner when they take Mclemore lol.

this is why I don't troll any prospect until after the draft.

if we get sucklemore then i'll just appeal to ignorance and blindly follow henny da god into hell

That's the spirit.

i justify our draft pick every year...

it works out sometimes...

then we trade them and they blossom elsewhere...

fuck

at least you don't have to see this sad face at sixers games anymore

20130226_hcs_sy4_032.0_standard_400.0.jpg

The pick will be Porter.

Shit, Grunsfeld himself tried to fuck around and trade Ariza for Butler before the deadline, so he clearly didn't think the position was set.

Thank the lord that move didn't happen though.

My only concern is whether or not we maximize our 2nd rounder picks. Would love to get Muscala and Seth Curry and call it a day while extending Webster for 2 PER.

I'd be shocked if we weren't a 7th seed at worst with a strong draft.

The pick will be Porter.

Shit, Grunsfeld himself tried to fuck around and trade Ariza for Butler before the deadline, so he clearly didn't think the position was set.

Thank the lord that move didn't happen though.

My only concern is whether or not we maximize our 2nd rounder picks. Would love to get Muscala and Seth Curry and call it a day while extending Webster for 2 PER.

I'd be shocked if we weren't a 7th seed at worst with a strong draft.

Porter makes too much sense for yall too.

as for us...fuck if I know.

any body but Plumlee at this point. (Not a fan of Brazillian Dalembert or Adams either tho)

Stein said:
Been hearing this one more and more lately: Rising sense out there that Jazz might simply let big man Al Jefferson walk in free agency

Yesssss

Not sure what team is going to be interested in Al. Charlotte will be interested probably but I can't see any other team with cap space wanting him. Maybe Atlanta as well, but I think they want to tank...

Nerlens knee is apparently really awesome according to team doctors. I don't have as much of a dog in the fight, but its cool to see the medicine get to a point where guys can come back from multiple tears.

dat RGIII bias

i've been reading the draft thread at the zards realgm board as they seem to have the most reasoned discussion in regards to prospects

faze do you know if that nivek guy is reliable with his yoda analysis

i've been reading the draft thread at the zards realgm board as they seem to have the most reasoned discussion in regards to prospects

faze do you know if that nivek guy is reliable with his yoda analysis

I liked YODA until he told me that a good chunk of the math is based on PER 40 numbers which made me lol.

Projecting a guys statistics to 40 minutes is such a reach that it's barely even worth considering for a number of reasons, and he got super bitter about me calling him out on it.

Big board from NBA scouts that Chad Ford asked:

1-Oladipo,
2-Noel,
3-McLemore,
4-Bennett,
5-Porter,
6-Len,
7-CJ,
8-Zeller,
9-Burke,
10 (tie)- MCW, Saric,
12-Schroeder,
13 (tie)-Adams, KCP
15-Olynyk,
16-Larkin,
17-Karasev,
18-Crabbe,
19(tie) -Giannis, Nogueira,
21 (tie)- Canaan, Muhammad,
23-Franklin,
24(tie)-Plumlee, Hardaway
26-Dieng,
27-Snell,
28-Muscala,
29 (tie)-Ledo, Mitchell,
31 (tie) Abrines, Withey, Wolters, Bullock,
35-Jackson,
36-Gobert,
37-Leslie, Rice
39-Brown,
40-Goodwin

May be better for guessing who goes where in the draft than the current ESPN big board.

I'm gonna be honest i'll miss the guy.

His skill in post offense is something to behold.

I'll miss his offense, but his defense was too horrible for me to ever like him that much.

Big board from NBA scouts that Chad Ford asked:

1-Oladipo,
2-Noel,
3-McLemore,
4-Bennett,
5-Porter

And yet there have been zero rumors of teams being locked in on Bennett. Chad Ford is uninformed drek.

Oladipo's stock being as high as it is is absolutely shocking considering the guy has had roleplayer level usage for his entire NCAA career.

pelton's coming out with his draft rater today, yay

I liked YODA until he told me that a good chunk of the math is based on PER 40 numbers which made me lol.

Projecting a guys statistics to 40 minutes is such a reach that it's barely even worth considering for a number of reasons, and he got super bitter about me calling him out on it.

thats suspect as fuck lulz

KingGondo

Banned
And yet there have been zero rumors of teams being locked in on Bennett. Chad Ford is uninformed drek.

Oladipo's stock being as high as it is is absolutely shocking considering the guy has had roleplayer level usage for his entire NCAA career.
I think Oladipo's the surest thing in this draft. He has the athleticism, good efficiency, and a great work ethic. That's honestly all you can ask for in a draft that's devoid of a guaranteed superstar.

thekad

Banned
I think Oladipo's the surest thing in this draft. He has the athleticism, good efficiency, and a great work ethic. That's honestly all you can ask for in a draft that's devoid of a guaranteed superstar.
I don't see how that helps a bottom dweller but loserbros gonna loserbro I guess

KingGondo

Banned
I don't see how that helps a bottom dweller but loserbros gonna loserbro I guess
None of the worst teams in the league can afford to be choosy.

Having a guy who's that versatile, athletic, and hard-working can be a huge asset. Those traits can rub off on the rest of the team.

And besides, I highly doubt any of the bottom 5 teams in the league are actually trying to improve all that much. The tank for Wiggins/Parker/Randle/Smart is gonna be intense.

The Cavs and Wizards are done tanking though, who's going to take their place?

The Celtics I guess, possibly the Lakers, Jazz, and Hawks as well?

The only thing I have to say about Oladipo is that if people are going to call McLemore a pussy, then what does that make Oladipo? Because as scared as Ben was and is he averaged over two shots a game more as a freshmen than Oladipo ever has his entire career for shitty Indiana.

I am going to get killed for this but I would take McLemore over Oladipo :O/

Pimpwerx

Just back from the parade. About 4 minutes before a band of rain came through. I got to see all the floats, but from far away. I walked down with my dog, and she's skittish on a good day. Today, with all the people, she was jumpy as hell. To make it worse, pretty much every summer camp in the county brought their ratty-ass kids out, and they have no clue how to act around dogs. I think I'll only keep going to these parades as long as I live downtown. No way in hell I'd subject myself to driving through traffic to get there. It's so not worth it. PEACE.

KingGondo

Banned
Marc Stein says the Wiz and Bulls have discussed:

Wiz get: Luol Deng
Bulls get: #3 pick, Okafor

I assume they'd be targeting McLemore or Oladipo?

Top Bottom