• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Branduil

http://deadspin.com/5345287/the-confessions-of-an-nba-scorekeeper

This is ... fascinating yet disturbing at the same time.

Alex was new to the game, however, and the request pissed him off. "I was immature," he says, "I was 20-21 years old, and some dude was telling me I needed to do something."

Which is perhaps why, a little more than a year later, with Nick Van Exel and the Lakers in town, Alex decided to act out. "I was sort of disgruntled," he says. "I loved the game. I don't want the numbers to be meaningless, and I felt they were becoming meaningless because of how stats were kept. So I decided, I'm gonna do this totally immature thing and see what happens. It was childish. The Lakers are in town. We're gonna lose. Fuck it. He's getting a shitload of assists." If you were to watch the game today, you'd see some "comically bad assists." Alex's fingerprints are all over the box score. He gave Van Exel everything. "Van Exel would pass from the top of the three-point line to someone on the wing who'd hold the ball for five seconds, dribble, then make a move to the basket. Assist, Van Exel."

No one noticed. From his chair, Alex could hear the legendary broadcaster Chick Hearn calling the game. Van Exel's having a great game! He's moving the ball exceptionally well! And in the next day's writeups, Van Exel was of course the hero. Alex thought, What the fuck?

LOL

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Thought that scorer story was well known

Shaw gets a gig! Haven't heard Mac10's name attached to anything

Thought he would a place the Nuggets looked

dream

"I put the bug in his ear in the shower after the game," Heat forward and co-captain Udonis Haslem said Monday, referring to a conversation he had with Allen after Game 7 on Thursday. "I told him, 'I'm not going to put no pressure on you. I'm not going to ask you what you're going to do. But just know that I'm thinking about what you're going to do.' "

Haslem said Allen didn't offer a response as the Heat celebrated their second consecutive championship.

"I don't know if that's good or bad," Haslem said.

Is Ray already thinking about his next ring chasing destination?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
No worries, Wiz fans:

And Jesus, you guys are taking my suggestions too seriously. Just throwing out some pre-draft bullshit (without looking at the cap situation, obviously).

And my Presti comment was clearly tongue-in-cheek. :p
Of course not! No team in the league is dumb enough to fall for the Bull(s)shit.

sans_pants

avec_pénis
"I put the bug in his ear in the shower after the game," Heat forward and co-captain Udonis Haslem said Monday

this cant be a real quote

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Well with all the coaches available they picked the cheapest option. Plus the fact that they didn't wanna resign Karl to a long term deal with no results in the post seasons for the last couple of years.
Shaw has been in consideration for HC for years tho

So not sure if he is cheaper than an announcer turned coach

I think they feel with the lost of Iggy and lack of a go to scorer they aren't finals material why not get a young coach while you search for those players?

Maybe he turns into Doc Rivers

Or Avery Johnson

Pimpwerx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBu56Ybu5FI

Was dying at this (but also terrified, wtf). Who planned this parade lol

Similar thing happened to me and my dad in Brussels. Almost got beheaded by a bridge. Moral of the story is those double-decker buses usually just clear those overpasses. So if you're in one, stay below the top of the bus, and you'll be fine.

From the looks of it, that might have been some stretch over by calle ocho, because there shouldn't be any overpasses on the run up from Brickell to the AAA. PEACE.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/60244/magic-ready-to-pounce-if-noel-falls-to-no-2

Sources close to the Orlando Magic told ESPN.com on Saturday that if the Cavs pass on Kentucky big man Nerlens Noel, the Magic are leaning strongly toward selecting him with the No. 2 pick in the draft.

Sources cautioned that things could change in the next five days as the Magic continue to gather information. "If the draft was held today, Noel would be our first choice," one source told ESPN.com.

Noel, a 7-foot freshman from Everett, Mass., is a long, lithe athletic center who led the nation in blocked shots this season with 4.4 blocks per game. While Noel's offensive game is still limited (he averaged 10.5 ppg on 59 percent shooting) many NBA scouts believe he has the most upside of any player in the draft.

The Magic, according to sources, scouted Noel heavily during the season and have been doing exhaustive background work on Noel the past few months. The team believes that, with patience, Noel should end up being the best player in the draft.

Hopefully the Cavs are dumb.

They are engaged in trade talks with a number of teams. Sources say the Thunder, Timberwolves and Blazers have been the most proactive in trying to get the No. 1 pick -- but so far neither team has persuaded the Cavs to move out of the top pick.

Would guess all of them would be interested in Oladipo at #1.

AcridMeat

Banned
Crosspost
Je6FXhQ.jpg

Ready for the season.

KingGondo

Banned

Spooks

cavs lead doctor okay'd Nerlen's knee. Do the right thing Grant
trade the first pick to Portland for Aldridge

We have nothing the Cavs would want that we'd be willing to part with. They don't need picks and the only prospect we'd send them is Biyombo, but I doubt they'd be interested. I'd offer him and the number 4 in a heartbeat to the Cavs though for Noel. As IWMTB posted, he's the first big since Hakeem and the Admiral to post an average of 5 blocks and 2 steals. He's being slept on because of his injury.

Top Bottom