• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Noel's ceiling is Ben Wallace. That's the most you'll get out of him. Sorry, but that's the case. It basically means that he's not going to suck, but at the same time he's not going to be a franchise player.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Noel's ceiling is Ben Wallace. That's the most you'll get out of him. Sorry, but that's the case. It basically means that he's not going to suck, but at the same time he's not going to be a franchise player.

College numbers are pretty close.. But his blocks are crazy tho..

Ben Wallace + ability to shoot FTs should make someone the #1 pick.

If Ben Wallace could shoot FTs, he'd be a HOF player without a doubt.

I seriously doubt that. He didn't go to the line a lot and when he did go to the line a lot it was because teams were intentionally fouling him. It had nothing to do with Wallace having a jump shot or any legitimate post moves. If he shot better from the line then teams would have refrained from fouling him and it's not like he would be able to actually score a legit basket.

I seriously doubt that. He didn't go to the line a lot and when he did go to the line a lot it was because teams were intentionally fouling him. It had nothing to do with Wallace having a jump shot or any legitimate post moves. If he shot better from the line then teams would have refrained from fouling him and it's not like he would be able to actually score a legit basket.

He's have been more aggressive at going up with his offensive rebounds if he could shoots FTs.

He wasn't intentionally fouled a lot, either. It happened, but most of his FTs were in the course of the game. I mean, sure compared to almost any other player he was fouled intentionally a lot more, but compared to the rest of his own FTs, nah.

Ben Wallace's defensive prime was amazing. If he could shoot FTs, he'd have been 12-13 with 4 blocks and 2 steals in his prime (with fewer possessions then too IIRC) and the best defensive player in the league at the most important defensive position.

I'll take that with the #1 pick. Sure,I'd rather have a Lebron, but I won't cry with that.

thekad

Banned
Taking anyone other than Noel with the #1 pick is asinine unless his injury is a real problem. But then why would you take another 7 footer with a stress fracture in his foot smh

Fjordson

Noel's main asset is his shot blocking ability obviously, but he's got really active hands in the post and in passing lanes also. He was top 30 in the nation for steals before the knee injury.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Klay looks fat as fuuuuuuuuckkkk

carmelo_anthony_and_his_panda_friend.jpg

really though I got to ask do a lot of players just like panda's

If bosh didn't have this garbage ass playoff run, I'd claim he is still better than aldridge. Even though he was psudeo-center for us. Aldridges TS and EFG is pretty shitty for a front court player. Worse defender too.

Indiana is looking to make moves to shed salary, wonder who they've got their sites set on?

Edit: kings are dangling Jimmer for a first, Jimmer to the Jazz or Pacers?

Really dumb move by the Blazers if true. LMA is awesome but he's apart of an era that just didn't work out (Oden,Roy,LMA).

Move forward with Lillard and Noel and enjoy two awesome young pieces to speed your rebuild along.

In other news though, I really really hope the Cavs select Len if they decide to pass on Noel. I don't think they will, but if they chose Porter I'd be devastated.

I just don't understand why the Cavs would simply select Len or Porter instead of trading down though. It's almost like trolling.

Indiana is looking to make moves to shed salary, wonder who they've got their sites set on?

Edit: kings are dangling Jimmer for a first, Jimmer to the Jazz or Pacers?

He was barely worth a 1st the year they chose him

The longer the Blazers wait to start their rebuild the better for us. If they hold onto LMA one more year they'll only have protection on their pick for one last draft.

Yea and the rebuild could probably have been basically done with one year of tanking because they'd probably end up with Jabari or Wiggins with how bad they'd be next year.

Really awful terribad FO if they declined this deal.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
We offered the #1 and #19 for LMA, and they rejected? Lmao.

Cavs have also tried to score Pierce for the #30 and #33.

Is Kyrie a cancer though?

He already seems to have gotten a coach fired and he reminds me of Blake in how he's trying to fast track the rebuild by bringing in free agents instead of paying his dues, getting better and bringing in draft picks.

I guess Olshey is really that terrified of selecting another big with injury concerns. He's checked out though, and athletes are coming back stronger than ever from ACL tears so yeah I think they're making a mistake as well.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Is Kyrie a cancer though?

He already seems to have gotten a coach fired and he reminds me of Blake in how he's trying to fast track the rebuild by bringing in free agents instead of paying his dues, getting better and bringing in draft picks.

Byron deserved to be fired though, and the desperation you smell is coming from Chris Grant, not Kyrie. Dan Gilbert flat out told him he loses his job if the Cavs don't make the playoffs this year.

Byron deserved to be fired though, and the desperation you smell is coming from Chris Grant, not Kyrie. Dan Gilbert flat out told him he loses his job if the Cavs don't make the playoffs this year.

Guess I shouldn't blame Kyrie, its kind of the situation that the Wiz were in. Only difference being that the Wiz weren't looking to trade a top 3 pick for a vet all-star, but I don't think the Cavs go through with it.

Cornbread78

OK, I haven't stopped by here in awhile, but I need to interject...

WTF are my Celtics doing? I mean, I'm in for atleast 5 years of $hit now aren't I? I mean, KG will be gone, Paul Pierce will be gone, and some are saying Rondo to.. Isn't this a weak NBA draft this week to? So they will have 3 first round picks on thursday (totally rumored) with all those trades and still have $hit to show for it? What are they doing GAF?

The Celtics are getting what they can out of their just about washed up players and positioning themselves for a top 5 pick in what most scouts believe to be one of the best drafts in several years. They're doing exactly what they should be doing.

OK, I haven't stopped by here in awhile, but I need to interject...

WTF are my Celtics doing? I mean, I'm in for atleast 5 years of $hit now aren't I? I mean, KG will be gone, Paul Pierce will be gone, and some are saying Rondo to.. Isn't this a weak NBA draft this week to? So they will have 3 first round picks on thursday (totally rumored) with all those trades and still have $hit to show for it? What are they doing GAF?

They can't compete with their current roster and they have no cap room so they're better off tanking.

They got a 2015 pick for Doc as well, not a 2013 pick.

Cornbread78

The Celtics are getting what they can out of their just about washed up players and positioning themselves for a top 5 pick in what most scouts believe to be one of the best drafts in several years. They're doing exactly what they should be doing.

They ain't getting a Lottery pick out of Paul Pierce and Garnet though. Both are going out west. and there isn't a team out there that is going to get them in the top 5. Sacramento is their only shot at #7 and that would be a stretch, unless Cousin's was involved...

They ain't getting a Lottery pick out of Paul Pierce and Garnet though. Both are going out west. and there isn't a team out there that is going to get them in the top 5. Sacramento is their only shot at #7 and that would be a stretch, unless Cousin's was involved...

They're tanking for that pick, yeah there's no way in hell anyone would trade them one.

Cornbread78

They can't compete with their current roster and they have no cap room so they're better off tanking.

Yeah, the thre would come from Pierce, Garnett and their normal pick.

They're tanking for that pick, yeah there's no way in hell anyone would trade them one.

That's the problem, they have no tier 1 assets to trade to get back into it quickly. Rondo and Bradley are their only tradign chips and Bradley just took a huge hit from that big steamy dump he took in the play-offs...

What are peoples opinions of Bennett vs Derrick Williams?

I'm arguing with Bennett supporters and I feel like other than being stronger, D-Will was better at basically everything.

They are saying Bennett had a quicker first step , is more explosive and has a better faceup game and I don't see it at all.

Bread

Banned
What are you rambling about? Did you want the Celtics to go for the 7th seed next year and lose to the Knicks in the playoffs? Ainge is timing this perfectly, one year of tanking could put them back in the mix with a great draft coming up.

Zach Lowe said:
This is where Ellis comes in. I can't tell you how many times I've heard some variation of "Monta Ellis is in for a rude awakening" from team executives over the last six weeks. Ellis declined a two-year extension almost a month ago that would have paid him an average of $12 million per season, and let's just say the league is skeptical he's going to get anywhere near that amount as a free agent.

Nice.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Honestly though, Celts were at this position for a year or two now.

Also, am I the only one who thinks there's 0% chance Howard signs with anyone but the Rockets?

That's the problem, they have no tier 1 assets to trade to get back into it quickly. Rondo and Bradley are their only tradign chips and Bradley just took a huge hit from that big steamy dump he took in the play-offs...

All you need is one great player from the upcoming draft and to get Pierce/Garnett off the books and good free agents will be lining up to play in Boston.

What are peoples opinions of Bennett vs Derrick Williams?

I'm arguing with Bennett supporters and I feel like other than being stronger, D-Will was better at basically everything.

They are saying Bennett had a quicker first step , is more explosive and has a better faceup game and I don't see it at all.

Bennett does have a better faceup game, but and he's a slightly better rebounder but that's about it. I'd take Williams over Bennett easily.

Top Bottom