• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
JoshuaBRobbins
As I reported last week, Magic are completing their predraft workouts with Cody Zeller. Zeller is working out again today.

Multiple workouts for Zeller. Take him Henny!

Olynyk and Adams don't get past Philly and Oklahoma though.

I'm so sorry IWMTB.

The Chicago Bulls have begun contract extension talks with Luol Deng.

lol

Suddenly all the dumbass rumors about Deng make sense.

Agents and FO's couldn't be more transparent. I'm not even mad at them though, it's the journalists that bite on this dumb shit that get me salty.

Is Kyrie a cancer though?

He already seems to have gotten a coach fired and he reminds me of Blake in how he's trying to fast track the rebuild by bringing in free agents instead of paying his dues, getting better and bringing in draft picks.

this is some bad analysis right here. Kyrie and Scott are tight.

“I feel like a piece of me is missing,” Irving said while looking at the ground. "I'm trying to get over the loss of my basketball father."

He didnt get Scott fired, please. Cavs FO just wanted to go in a different direction.

Cornbread78

What is Ainge's obsession with Josh Smith?

He's "athletic"

Over 500,000 people went to the Heat parade. Ravens drew 200,000.

Can't believe I responded to that.

yeah, 500,000 went to the local bars, saw the parade and left before the busses got to them. C'mon man, this is Miami, the only city that has to create commercials to ask their fans not to come late and leave early oh and to cheer at the games....

PBY

Banned
yeah, 500,000 went to the local bars, saw the parade and left before the busses got to them. C'mon man, this is Miami, the only city that has to create commercials to ask their fans not to come late and leave early oh and to cheer at the games....
Well I'm going by the estimates, and I know my city- a parade isn't going to a game, for 2 reasons:
1-it's fucking free. It's the only chance a lot of fans can afford
2- it's an excuse to party regardless of whether you like bball

Doesn't shock me at all, don't let facts get in the way of your preconceived notions tho.

You can't trust most players when they speak publicly about their coach. Dwight was lying to dozens of media members while he had his arm around his coach smiling.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Now that LeBron has won his second str8 NBA title, MVP, and finals MVP, I hope that now we can FINALLY focus on the diva superstars who have NOT, but want max deals and are NOT willing to sacrifice money for rings. CP3, D12, Carmelo, Rose, Durant, and Westbrook.

Colluding with Bosh and Wade is now being presented as making a sacrifice?

Well, Manu has pretty much said he wants to come back. I'm...ok with this depending on the shortness of the contract and how much of a discount he wants. We need another player that can run the offense as the Finals showed us, so we can't break the bank on Manu

KingGondo

Banned
That's not a sacrifice. That's a guaranteed title run for a few seasons plus playoff bonuses and additional endorsements. Dude didn't sacrifice a damn thing.
Not to mention no state income tax on his 43 regular season games played in the state of Florida, plus however many they play in Texas.

BadAss2961

Source? We'd be using the first for Oladipo right? I'm okay with this.
Bulls fans, who would be better for us - Oladipo or McLemore? I've only seen them in scouting reports and highlights.

Oladipo seems like the gritty, hard-nosed type of player that fits the current makeup of the team. What he might lack in talent he makes up for in effort -- i'm becoming sick of having so many of these guys tbh.

McLemore seems closer to the opposite, but with a much bigger upside. The athleticism and potential in his shooting form is hard to pass up.

Personally, i'm ready to just roll the dice on the bigger upside.

GaimeGuy

No, but taking less money is.

He signed a six year $110 million dollar contract to play basketball. When he graduated from high school, before he became a professional athlete, he signed a $90 million contract with Nike. He made $56.5 million last year and was the highest earning athlete in the world. He has numerous endorsement contracts with companies like Audemars Piguet Coca-Cola, Dunkin' Brands, McDonald's, Nike, State Farm, Samsung, and others. WTF are you talking about "sacrifice?"

And he made that "sacrifice" so that both Bosh and Wade would be able to sign by making the same "sacrifice."

BNn9q1ECAAEWejD.jpg
obviously fake

GaimeGuy

Dudes all got $100M+ contracts to team up in Miami with no state income tax.

SACRIFICE.

And like $60,000,000 guaranteed, too! How many people making 0.1% of what Lebron does in a year have even a penny guaranteed?

btw, 0.1% of what lebron made this year = $56,500. A solid income.

Top Bottom