• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Cornbread78

What are you rambling about? Did you want the Celtics to go for the 7th seed next year and lose to the Knicks in the playoffs? Ainge is timing this perfectly, one year of tanking could put them back in the mix with a great draft coming up.

Not really complaining about it, they need to do it, they just have no suitors out there to do it. Who's gonna give them a first round pick for Pierce and Garnett? There's a really short list of options there. Like I'll state below, they should have done this last year, now they are a year behind...

Honestly though, Celts were at this position for a year or two now.

True enough, they should have fixed this last year...

KingKong

My favorite panda pic the Yao one where it looks like it's freaking the fuck out

panda-yao-ming_2106062i.jpg

Bread

Banned
Not really complaining about it, they need to do it, they just have no suitors out there to do it. Who's gonna give them a first round pick for Pierce and Garnett? There's a really short list of options there. Like I'll state below, they should have done this last year, now they are a year behind...
I can think of a bunch of teams who would give up a 1st for KG or Pierce, but I don't know their cap situations. You think any of the playoff teams in the West wouldn't kill to have a guy like KG?

I don't think the Rockets are a great fit so I'm staying with LA if I'm Dwight.

If it was purely about chipping I'd have colluded with CP to go to Orlando though.

rockets are a perfect fit for dwight, what are you talking about

playdates with chandler parsons, a coach who loves big men and wants his team to run, an elite scoring 2 guard who's great in the pnr

Cornbread78

I can think of a bunch of teams who would give up a 1st for KG or Pierce, but I don't know their cap situations. You think any of the playoff teams in the West wouldn't kill to have a guy like KG?

yeah, but a 20+ 1st round draft pick is not going to be franchise helper. I mean, Rondo is the exception there. I still think KG is going to LA for DJ, a grabage bag and a pick though...

Bread

Banned
yeah, but a 20+ 1st round draft pick is not going to be franchise helper. I mean, Rondo is the exception there. I still think KG is going to LA for DJ, a grabage bag and a pick though...
A couple of picks in the 20s, plus our tank pick, plus the Clippers 2015 pick. That's a good start on building a team. If they're able to trade Rondo away for some cheaper young talent/picks, they can form a core of players and add someone in from free agency.

I love Rondo, but he's useless with the players we have around him right now. None of them are consistent shooters (aside from Jeff Green's ridiculous post-all-star break) and we have no low post threat.

And there's no way KG is being traded for DeAndre, Stern is not letting it happen. He's not going to let the teams get one past him.

He was only willing to waive his NTC for the Clips. :(
Lol yeah I'm sure he'd rather be in dead end Boston than some contender. If they find a trade to a playoff team, no way he doesn't waive the NTC.

Now that LeBron has won his second str8 NBA title, MVP, and finals MVP, I hope that now we can FINALLY focus on the diva superstars who have NOT, but want max deals and are NOT willing to sacrifice money for rings. CP3, D12, Carmelo, Rose, Durant, and Westbrook.

Now that LeBron has won his second str8 NBA title, MVP, and finals MVP, I hope that now we can FINALLY focus on the diva superstars who have NOT, but want max deals and are NOT willing to sacrifice money for rings. CP3, D12, Carmelo, Rose, Durant, and Westbrook.

Rose is still new,i don't think it's fair to get him yet.

thekad

Banned
It's still hilarious how Melo screwed the Knicks in the Nuggets trade talks.

The Rockets are in advanced talks on a cap-clearing trade of forward Thomas Robinson, with a deal potentially “imminent,” a person with knowledge of their plans said on Tuesday.

The Cleveland Cavaliers and San Antonio Spurs have shown interest in Robinson, according to another individual with knowledge of the Rockets efforts to move Robinson’s $3.5 million salary next season. Though it would be difficult for the Spurs to make any sort of deal for Robinson directly with the Rockets and would likely have to add a third team in a larger deal.

The Rockets have also had talks with the Chicago Bulls, according to the person familiar with negotiations so far, but he said that unlike with the Spurs and Cavaliers, he did not know if the Bulls were interested in Robinson or could be part of a larger deal.

I want that Bobcats pick from the Bulls. They can have Brooks too if they want.

KingGondo

Banned
I'm with you, Skip.

Fucking Jalen and Simmons wasting time in an interview with Porter asking him what he thinks about Detroit when there's zero chance he goes there is kind of annoying.

Tommy Dee @TommyDeeTKB about 1 hour ago
“@Al Iannazzone: But a team that could make a hard push J.R. Smith is the Suns, I've heard.” And Bobcats
tee hee hee

EDIT: Yes Suns/Bobcats. Pay JR $6+ mill a year, just flatline giri and Dy_Nasty.

Doesn't NY have his bird rights?
They have his Early Bird Rights and can offer him a contract based on two calculations: a starting salary of $4.9 million by using the 175% rule, or 104.5% percent of whatever is the average player salary for the 2012-13 season, a number that wont be revealed until July 1. Assuming that the average player salary will end up being around $5.34 million (rough figure I saw in Jared Zwerling NBA chat), using the second calculation the Knicks could give Smith a starting salary of $5.58 million.

I'd figure for Smith to go it'd take a minimum of $6 mil for him to leave. Knicks will assuredly give him the $4.9 million starting salary.

Jared Zwerling @JaredZwerling about 22 minutes ago
Just in: #Knicks have made a qualifying offer to Copeland for 1 year at $988,872. Cope has until July 23 to accept. Other teams interested.
I expect Cope to decline, of course. Knicks also need to look at Josh Harrelson come July 1st.

tumblr_lp2a7wJmkP1qhlaqho1_400.jpg

also, for Knux
Philadelphia 76ers center Andrew Bynum has completed his rehabilitation from season-ending knee surgery and is set to resume basketball workouts next week.
Bynum’s agent, David Lee, told The Associated Press on Monday night there’s “not a concern in the world” that Bynum will be ready for training camp.
He also said he had no conversations with the Sixers and does not expect any kind of deal with the team before the 7-foot center becomes a free agent on July 1.
via Dan Gelston of The Associated Press

Nori Chan

I hope Bynum signs with the sixers. He's the hero knux deserves.

Plus I think he did something bad in his previous life to be punished like this. Cutting your wrists and watching anime won't help the suffering knux.

Top Bottom