• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

lmao, Sheridan Hoops is reporting MKG being on the block, this site is so desperate.

I don't understand how MCW is even draftable, let alone lottery.

I mean college TS% of sub 50 is really really hard to do as a guard.

But he only turned the ball over 28% of the time in pick-and-roll situations so he's got playmaking down.

thekad

Banned
Probasketballdraft @Probballdraft

The Charlotte Bobcats have been shopping Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. Potential that he is moved on draft night. #NBADraft
2:29 PM - 25 Jun 2013

lol

The Charlotte Bobcats have been shopping Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. Potential that he is moved on draft night. #NBADraft

lol

This is probably made up bs, but if it's true it better be for the number one pick or else I quit. I'll join Wiz-gaf.

SamuraiX-

Man, Caldwell-Pope looks really nice. Anyone who gets him in the mid-late lottery is getting away with highway robbery. The guy should probably be going Top 5 and I think we'll look back on him as the best SG in this draft.

lol

My condolences, HornetsAge. Not sure wtf Jeffrey is thinking here.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
They have his Early Bird Rights and can offer him a contract based on two calculations: a starting salary of $4.9 million by using the 175% rule, or 104.5% percent of whatever is the average player salary for the 2012-13 season, a number that wont be revealed until July 1. Assuming that the average player salary will end up being around $5.34 million (rough figure I saw in Jared Zwerling NBA chat), using the second calculation the Knicks could give Smith a starting salary of $5.58 million.

I'd figure for Smith to go it'd take a minimum of $6 mil for him to leave. Knicks will assuredly give him the $4.9 million starting salary.

I say about 7... Still 60/40 knicks keep him just because those other offers are from smaller cities where the nightlife wouldn't be as live.

I expect Cope to decline, of course. Knicks also need to look at Josh Harrelson come July 1st.

Knicks expect it too and I don't blame them Cope is nice but once again at 29 does he have enough upside to play good enough defense to break into the playoff roster? 2 more seasons....

The only thing that makes sense is a MKG for Noel swap. We just hired Mark Price specifically for MKG though so I doubt there's much validity to this.

Man, Caldwell-Pope looks really nice. Anyone who gets him in the mid-late lottery is getting away with highway robbery. The guy should probably be going Top 5 and I think we'll look back on him as the best SG in this draft.

i want to love kcp but watching his interviews and noticing his weaknesses there's way too much nick young there

Obviously Bobcats shopping MKG to make room for JR Smith.

Dy gonna pay for his team driving Paul Silas out of the league.

GndztOE.gif

Dy = Eve
Cena = Me

i want to love kcp but watching his interviews and noticing his weaknesses there's way too much nick young there

Nick Young's Swag is his biggest flaw. KCP seems like he actually cares instead of just swagswagswagswag..

The few games Nick actually passed the ball and attempted to play defense this year he looked pretty good.....but then Swag mode happened.

Nick Young's Swag is his biggest flaw. KCP seems like he actually cares instead of just swagswagswagswag..

The few games Nick actually passed the ball and attempted to play defense this year he looked pretty good.....but then Swag mode happened.

Kid has so much talent...god he's animal dumb though. Doesn't seem to understand his weaknesses and doesn't care about being an all-star or anything. He's cool with doing just the minimum it takes to keep affording his lifestyle.

Kid has so much talent...god he's animal dumb though. Doesn't seem to understand his weaknesses and doesn't care about being an all-star or anything. He's cool with doing just the minimum it takes to keep affording his lifestyle.

He got extra swag by being part of that clippers comeback.

He's walking on thin ice. It won't be long before he's out of the league.

Tom Penny

Lol Ainge still wants The Game Josh Smith

Josh + KG + Sully + Jeff Green quadruple towers

Yep. Josh Smith always in the Celtics rumors

Consider the departure of Doc Rivers Phase II of the Celtics’ slow dismantling, which began last summer with Ray Allen leaving Boston. Phase III will come this week, when Boston must either trade Paul Pierce or decide to buy him out. They have until June 30 to inform Pierce of such a move.

As for the rebuilding sure to follow the dismantling, that is contingent on what happens with Pierce. If the Celtics can unload Pierce to a team with enough cap space to absorb his salary, they will get a trade exception worth Pierce’s salary, or $15.3 million. And if that happens, the plan is already in place. According to a source, the Celtics have a sign-and-trade offer ready for Atlanta forward Josh Smith that would be the top priority in free agency.

Pimpwerx

I was there. It looked like a bigger turnout than last year, and that's even with a bunch of people not showing up because traffic was a nightmare. I heard lots of people from Broward just turned around and went home because traffic was so bad. Terrible troll attempt.

Looking at the Celtics' move this offseason, it's even more obvious Ray made the right decision. He left that sinking ship just in time. PEACE.

Top Bottom