• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Pimpwerx

Must be one hell of a parking lot to hold that many bandwagons.
Wide median, 3-4 traffic lanes and a wide sidewalk followed by parking lots in some areas. It was a lot of people. I felt bad for the cruise ship passengers who came at the wrong time on the wrong day. It was a long walk to find a cab, an expensive wait in slow traffic. PEACE.

Jonathan Abrams @Jpdabrams about 17 minutes ago
Talked to ex Wolves draftee Ndudi Ebi for my prep-to-pro book. Said his only NBA education was "Staples Center has the best nachos"
Good Lord...

I knew the "Next KG" stuff was shit, but did the T-Wolves have ANY coaching back in the day?
He's legit. 6'9 who can score, and one of the rare Euros who defends and doesn't flop.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Good Lord...

I knew the "Next KG" stuff was shit, but did the T-Wolves have ANY coaching back in the day?

Yeah, I think Flip was pretty good.

But, really, on top of being trash, Ebi came to a team that was winning 50 games a year and in his rookie year had the best record in the West. When was he gonna play?

Spooks

But the Cavs are also exploring trading the top pick since they’re not in love with any one player who in a “normal” year wouldn’t be a top pick. According to a source, Cleveland offered the No. 1 pick, Tristan Thompson and Dion Waiters to try and land Minnesota’s Kevin Love. But new Timberwolves president Flip Saunders won’t move Love.

Apparently Darko Milicic is retiring.
Feel bad for the guy honestly. Was never given a true chance and will go down as one of the biggest if not the biggest draft busts in sports history.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Good Lord...

He's legit. 6'9 who can score, and one of the rare Euros who defends and doesn't flop.

Yeah but blazers were going for that rape... I don't believe they have that many options for a first so maybe he goes to the Knicks regardless but the idea of trading a first to get a guy you had already drafted in the second is WTF.

exarkun

Cavs are acting like some ungrateful cocksuckers with that pick. Think of the Bobcats. They strugggggled for that pick, and the Cavs just dangling it out there.

Rodeo Clown

Feel bad for the guy honestly. Was never given a true chance and will go down as one of the biggest if not the biggest draft busts in sports history.

He was given a ton of chances. Orlando, Memphis, Minnesota all gave him plenty of opportunity, he was just awful and didn't like playing basketball.

And he stole like $50 million during his career. I feel nothing.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

Was given plenty of chances and made millions of dollars

The number 2 pick has a lot of bust in it but doesn't get the bust label like the number 1 pick

Cavs are acting like some ungrateful cocksuckers with that pick. Think of the Bobcats. They strugggggled for that pick, and the Cavs just dangling it out there.

Draft sucks

He was given a ton of chances. Orlando, Memphis, Minnesota all gave him plenty of opportunity, he was just awful and didn't like playing basketball.

And he stole like $50 million during his career. I feel nothing.

He was definitely a bust but I do think part of it is that he was an 18 year old kid moving to a foreign country and Larry Brown was his first coach

That probably fucked his career more deeply than I can imagine

exarkun

I'm still shocked the Blazers turned down the deal..

I was just thinking this. Re-up with Noel. You got a nice inside-outside game with Lillard, Batum, and Noel (if he develops any offense). While he develops next year you tank, get a decent pick in a good draft.

Noel covers up Lillards so-so defense and its a win-win. 1st and the 19th? Was that real? Damn.

listening to simmons and ford's annual draft podcast, ford goes in on mclemore. says he's a naive kid who doesn't know shit about how the world works lulz.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
That doesn't sound like a Chris Grant move at all.

Kyrie, Love, and Varejao isn't any more of a winning team than Kyrie, Waiters, Thompson, and Varejao
If Shabazz fell to their 19th pick they would look aiight

The Cavs hate Shabazz and would probably not even pick him in the second round.

listening to simmons and ford's annual draft podcast, ford goes in on mclemore. says he's a naive kid who doesn't know shit about how the world works lulz.

Chad Ford puts too much focus on character aspects to avoid admitting players he previously hyped up as super skilled or super athletic are actually not skilled or athletic. McLemore and Len have issues with passiveness, but they can't score much mostly because their skill level is pretty poor.

The "Oladipo's worst case scenario is a better Tony Allen" comments are also insane. Allen is as about good as you can possibly be defensively at that size and Oladipo still has some issues defensively that could keep him from that level.

Heat free agents
UNRESTRICTED
Ray Allen (P)
Chris Andersen
Mario Chalmers (T)
Juwan Howard
Rashard Lewis (P)

Yay?

Miami will pick up that Team option since it's cheap so more wario/mario. Shard says he'll resign since he's a bum and wants another bench ring. Ray will resign most likely. IDK about Birdman. Juwan will prolly get a job within the heat.

Might have to amnesty mike miller or something though.

The Heat are expected to announce by Sunday that they will pick up an option on point guard Mario Chalmers, one of three potentially departing players -- Ray Allen and Chris Andersen being the others -- identified by James on Tuesday as being "huge parts of our team." James, who was completely exhausted after Game 7, said he's already feeling rejuvenated physically and is eager to get back to work, which may not be great news for opponents.

Sup fellow loserbro. Are you as pessimistic about your team's upcoming season right now as I am, given the current makeup of the Clips squad?

We don't even have a coach. Half the team can be gone soon.

I have no clue what we are even doing....

Thursday needs to get here so I can at least get some news.

So I can't even be pessimistic yet.

No Plumlee, MCW or Adams and I'll be fine.

so I expect us to take MCW at 11, trade back in for Plumlee. and then hire Larry Brown.

SamuraiX-

These fucking trade offers, man. LOL

All these clownshoes GMs putting on a comedy show.

I'm so looking forward to draft night just for all the inevitable kneejerk trades. Hah

Rodeo Clown

The Orlando Magic and the Los Angeles Clippers have been discussing the possibility of completing a trade headlined by Magic shooting guard Arron Afflalo and prized L.A. point guard Eric Bledsoe in conjunction with Thursday's NBA draft, according to sources close to the process.

Sources told ESPN.com on Tuesday that a trade with those two players as the principals could happen as soon as this week and potentially could be expanded to include Magic forward Andrew Nicholson and a future first-round pick as compensation for the highly coveted Bledsoe.
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...ng-trading-eric-bledsoe-orlando-magic-sources

Ray Allen chasing that money!!!

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/228379/Ray-Allen-Unlikely-To-Opt-In-On-13-14-Contract-With-

Rashard Lewis and James Jones opted in on their contracts with the Miami Heat for the 13-14 NBA season.

Ray Allen, however, hasn't opted in and is unlikely to before Saturday's deadline.

Allen has one season at $3.2 million remaining on the two-year deal he signed last offseason.

Allen can become Miami's Non-Bird exception to sign a four-year deal with annual 4.5 percent raises.

The Heat cannot re-sign Allen until the moratorium is lifted on July 10.

Top Bottom