• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

I hear you Faze, you're right. I don't understand the media infatuation with the hits/ratings at all costs thing that's going on. You have to believe that people are going to wise up eventually and tune out the bs peddlers like Sheridan.

He also said he has solid confirmation that the Wizards are taking Bennett at 3, for whatever that's worth.

Fjordson

What do you guys think of Bennett? He looked good in college, but I didn't know he was only 6-8. Seems more like a 4 to me but that's not great size these days for a PF. Though his jumpshot seemed decent the few times I saw UNLV play so maybe he'll do fine.

What do you guys think of Bennett? He looked good in college, but I didn't know he was only 6-8. Seems more like a 4 to me but that's not great size these days for a PF. Though his jumpshot seemed decent the few times I saw UNLV play so maybe he'll do fine.

He's the Canadian Bargnani.

So, Ricky Ledo...sleeper pick?

I think I'm all on the Ricky Ledo or Glen Rice Jr. train at #24 if available.

I'd also like it if the Knicks could get a second rounder on the cheap somehow...maybe we could get someone there too.

Tom Penny

So, Ricky Ledo...sleeper pick?

I think I'm all on the Ricky Ledo or Glen Rice Jr. train at #24 if available.

I'd also like it if the Knicks could get a second rounder on the cheap somehow...maybe we could get someone there too.

Ledo is who I wanted for the C'z but at 16 it's too early. He will fit the Knicks perfect. Potential to get a great scorer with no intention of playing defense and a chucker.

I hear you Faze, you're right. I don't understand the media infatuation with the hits/ratings at all costs thing that's going on. You have to believe that people are going to wise up eventually and tune out the bs peddlers like Sheridan.

He also said he has solid confirmation that the Wizards are taking Bennett at 3, for whatever that's worth.

We could literally trade down for D-Will and the #9 or trade Ariza straight up for Beasley if we think we needed that sort of player so much that we'd pass on Porter or even Len.

I've already said I don't like Bennett. You have to be so ridiculously elite on offense to make up for being a one way player on that end and not be a net negative. And with all the red flags dude has it's almost guaranteed he doesn't reach his ceiling and will probably never get off the bench.

The more I think about it, the less I think OKC will take Olynyk. He's a one-way player, and Presti can't stop talking about how a defensive mindset is what they look for, and Olynyk definitely doesn't provide that.

Rejoice, IWMTB and Kave.

I think they're gonna push really hard to get into the top 5 and get Oladipo, Len, or McLemore.

Watch OKC take a Euro to stash overseas for a year or two so that they can avoid adding salary.

KingGondo

Banned
Watch OKC take a Euro to stash overseas for a year or two so that they can avoid adding salary.
I'd actually like to see us draft Adetokounmpo, but not with the 12th pick (and he'll be gone by the 29th).

I would be shocked if we don't make a trade. We have:

12th pick
29th pick
32nd pick
Dallas' pick next year
Our own pick next year
Lamb
PJ3
Liggins
Orton

Our roster is almost full as it is. No way do we draft 3 guys without a trade IMO.

day before the draft and draftexpress doesn't even have their comps up lulz

just 3 years ago they had these kind of profiles:

KQATKml.png

prime anthony parker seems a little generous now in hindsight

Pimpwerx

Since the Decision, every team that hasn't made the Finals (in the last three years) has changed coaches IIRC. It's pretty insane.

I think it's more than that. I think the league is embracing stats more, and I think GMs are looking for coaches that embrace the numbers. That's my opinion anyway, based on nothing. PEACE.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
So Battier is doing draft coverage for ESPN with Simmons and Rose. I for one, can't wait for the Seth Curry/ Charlotte Hornets/Cats FA signing.

A new age is dawning in the Queen City

Also Alex Len is going to be a monumental bust. I thought he was decent at best. And I'm not saying that to defend Plumlee either because I think he'll be the worst of the 3 Duke players available tomorrow. I just think Len is kinda shit.

Pimpwerx

Miami HEAT ‏@MiamiHEAT
Riley: Our players need to understand that they have to come back next year lighter, stronger, quicker, faster and leaner.

Anyone doubting Miami's positionless push has been put on notice. I'm really surprised Riles has embraced the idea, because his plan was to go bigger when Bosh got injured last year. Sounds like we're gonna stay relatively small. Approved!

I heard Bosh said he admires Wade and Bron and wants to get to their level. I hope it's not just talk. I want to see the return of his face-up game. PEACE.

exarkun

Dunno how 76ers cant be sold on Jrue. Dude played hard this season and put up good stats. His shooting percentages went down towards the end of the season, but its probably cause the team sucked and they knew they weren't making the playoffs. He has defense, and hes an actual pg. Good enough for my team, at least!

Anyone doubting Miami's positionless push has been put on notice. I'm really surprised Riles has embraced the idea, because his plan was to go bigger when Bosh got injured last year. Sounds like we're gonna stay relatively small. Approved!

I heard Bosh said he admires Wade and Bron and wants to get to their level. I hope it's not just talk. I want to see the return of his face-up game. PEACE.

He is 19/9 as the 3rd option. Chris is doing fine within his role. A few more post ups per game will help. But thats up to Erik.

So Battier is doing draft coverage for ESPN with Simmons and Rose. I for one, can't wait for the Seth Curry/ Charlotte Hornets/Cats FA signing.

A new age is dawning in the Queen City

Also Alex Len is going to be a monumental bust. I thought he was decent at best. And I'm not saying that to defend Plumlee either because I think he'll be the worst of the 3 Duke players available tomorrow. I just think Len is kinda shit.

I'd love to have Curry on the team. I'm hoping he doesn't get drafted so he can sign with the Hornets as a free agent. There needs to be a Curry back playing in Charlotte.

Dunno how 76ers cant be sold on Jrue. Dude played hard this season and put up good stats. His shooting percentages went down towards the end of the season, but its probably cause the team sucked and they knew they weren't making the playoffs. He has defense, and hes an actual pg. Good enough for my team, at least!

Jrue's defense is mad overrated.

I'm not sure if the stats back it up but dudes like Jeff Teague owned him last year. This could be due to our bigs being free but he would often just get beat. Jrue also is the worst at getting to the line and settles for faaaar too many long 2 instead of getting in the paint. and advance stat wise.....he was just average.

of course there are circumstances to it but on the low Thad Young was our best player last year. I can see how they aren't sold on Jrue. Trading him would be fucking stupid tho...I can't think of a realisticly good package that isn't awful.

exarkun

Jrue's defense is mad overrated.

I'm not sure if the stats back it up but dudes like Jeff Teague owned him last year. This could be due to our bigs being free but he would often just get beat. Jrue also is the worst at getting to the line and settles for faaaar too many long 2 instead of getting in the paint. and advance stat wise.....he was just average.

of course there are circumstances to it but on the low Thad Young was our best player last year. I can see how they aren't sold on Jrue. Trading him would be fucking stupid tho...I can't think of a realisticly good package that isn't awful.

I still like him, but I think this is the most important point. There aren't that many decent pg's, and hes one of them. Keeping him makes sense by process of elimination.

Eric Gordon is on the trading block? Wtf. It makes sense since he wanted out of there, but for some reason it seemed random.

is it even a sweepstakes anymore for dwight howard? the prospect of having his mom drop him off at parsons' house after practice to play call of duty was enough to win him over.

Spooks

Sam Amico ‏@SamAmicoFSO 4m
Cavs have something "potentially lined up." Doesn't involve No. 1 pick. Doesn't involve Boston. I too suspect Thomas Robinson.

It's Amico so i wouldn't hold my breath.

I wouldn't give up on T-Rob. If Dwight wants to come to Houston then it means he has way more grievances with Los Angeles than a simple 3 to 4 million would change his mind.

T-Rob and Dwight would absolutely poop on teams on the glass.

GAF can the Celtics realistically expect a first round pick for Pierce? I wonder if the Celtics can trade KG. It seems like there are very few teams he would be traded to if he is traded at all.

The Spurs will give them the 28th pick and Bonner for Pierce. Get a first rounder and they can buy out Bonner for like 2 million bones. Pierce can back up Kawhi and be our joint six man with Manu

dalVlatko

Jason Lloyd ‏@JasonLloydABJ 2m
Was told 2 weeks ago #Cavs weren't interested in T-Rob. From all indications, that hasn't changed. I'd say the Robinson for #19 isn't true
Draft day is worse than trade deadline day this year

Cornbread78

The Spurs will give them the 28th pick and Bonner for Pierce. Get a first rounder and they can buy out Bonner for like 2 million bones. Pierce can back up Kawhi and be our joint six man with Manu

Bonner is from NH, I'd love to see him in a Celts uniform, lol. Like the other Big White Hope, our brother Scals...

Cavs might actually have that Marion trade in mind. Dude would be a great SF for that team. Doesn't need plays ran for him, great defense, and will be able to teach the youngsters about winning. Just wonder if he'd want to actually go there.

Cavs might actually have that Marion trade in mind. Dude would be a great SF for that team. Doesn't need plays ran for him, great defense, and will be able to teach the youngsters about winning. Just wonder if he'd want to actually go there.

Shawn cant create his own shot. Its a waste of time for THIS Cavs team.

Cornbread78

Shawn cant create his own shot. Its a waste of time for THIS Cavs team.

Pierce, Marion + Irving? Sounds much better now as long as ther center comes back healthy....

Perimeter D is ridiculously hard. If they have strong rotations and mobile bigs, they can be alright.

Gun to my head, Im trying to get PP before Matrix.

This right here is why the Cavs need to take Noel. He fills a need and he's the best player in the draft, they're really over thinking this pick. They can get their small forward through a trade, whether it's Granger, Pierce, Marion, or whoever.

Top Bottom