• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

During the Heat's 15 win season they had a higher attendance than the last 8 years of the Raptor's franchise.

#letthatsinkin

yea u scurred
Psy said:
Heat in 5 son! you can get my avatar(if you win) after the season starts biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch
Pussy. You owe me at the start of the season.
nice cherry picked attendance records. from 2001-2010 the Raps averaged a higher attendance than Miami. Your team had two Finals appearance and a chip and we had Vince Carter, Junkyard Dog, and Primo Pasta boy and we still beat yall out in attendance. Fan Up! Heat nation is an oxymoron. most of the people up in that arena just want a night on camera.

pilonv1

The Jabari Parker Notes section is longer than Michael Jordan's entire wiki entry.

At the time of his May 2012 Sports Illustrated feature story, he was known for carrying a backpack equipped with basketball equipment, an iPod and The Book of Mormon.[11]

Important information.

Also important thing to check - do we have any agreement on not posting draft spoilers from twitter this year? I remember last year being terrible, most picks spoiled before Stern read them out.

I think eventually people started using spoiler tags on the twitter pick reveals, could we do that again?

Pussy. You owe me at the start of the season.
nice cherry picked attendance records. from 2001-2010 the Raps averaged a higher attendance than Miami. Your team had two Finals appearance and a chip and we had Vince Carter, Junkyard Dog, and Primo Pasta boy and we still beat yall out in attendance. Fan Up! Heat nation is an oxymoron. most of the people up in that arena just want a night on camera.
lol you're wrong again!

keep pulling shit outta your ass doe!
wlhjwv6.png

r0NRHm7.png

check the facts: http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance

I didnt say MIA didnt have better attendance in certain years, But the average attendance, over that time period from 2001-10 is better at the Air canada center. Your attendance was basically tied with the Raptors in 2010,ffs, the big threes first year.

maybe you don't understand that drop down box works. 2010=2009-2010, ie no bosh or lebron.

This is what the first year of the big three era looks like in attendance, compared to the raps.
fES68tA.png

keep reaching though.

edit: what knux said

diehard

Fleer
These numbers are all fake. I had a friend who once worked for the Kings that dealt with this. I'm dead serious, none of these numbers are real except for the arenas who do actually sell out all season.

So the Kings were falsely reporting that they couldnt even get 80% attendance last year?

pilonv1

Darnell Mayberry ‏@DarnellMayberry 1h

Gut feeling says Thunder comes away with one of five players tomorrow: Alex Len, Victor Oladipo, Steven Adams, Cody Zeller or C.J. McCollum.

If they're not trading Ibaka, I don't see how they can do this.

edit:

Sam Amico ‏@SamAmicoFSO 2m

OKC Thunder untouchables according to @DarnellMayberry: Westbrook, Durant, Ibaka, Jackson and Lamb.

There's no way they can do this then. No one is taking Martin/Sefolosha/Perk for a top pick

So the Kings were falsely reporting that they couldnt even get 80% attendance last year?

possibly.

I've been to clipper games where they announced the attendance at around 95% but almost half the arena was empty.

The other thing they do, and the Kings did this a lot, was if they couldn't fill enough seats they'd give the tickets away for free to charity groups. Now, there's nothing wrong with that and it's a good thing, but they do it to drive the attendance number up and then act like those tickets were sold.

edit: Lamb untouchable? That's stupid.

SamuraiX-

NBA TV's mock draft is pretty cool so far. Kenny is great as the commish. LOL

I missed the first two picks, what was their justification for the Cavs taking McLemore?

Edit: Anthony Bennett going 4th. LOL

Someone check on DY if that shit actually happens.

So shocked by how little certain guys know about basketball and that are getting paid 6 digit salaries to spew shit from their mouths.

Aldridge: Lulz don't overthink this Charlotte, you can't score! Bennett can score!

Protip: Charlotte is bad at everything. You need more than anything else guys that will stick as starters past their rookie contracts. Bennett is very high risk low payoff to me.

So shocked by how little certain guys know about basketball and that are getting paid 6 digit salaries to spew shit from their mouths.

Aldridge: Lulz don't overthink this Charlotte, you can't score! Bennett can score!

Protip: Charlotte is bad at everything. You need more than anything else guys that will stick as starters past their rookie contracts. Bennett is very high risk low payoff to me.

bu-but the potential.

Forget that Beasley and DWill two guys that were better and bigger than him haven't panned out...he totally will yo.

Derwind

RealGM said:
Bryan Colangelo Steps Down From New Position With Raptors
Jun 26, 2013 6:45 PM EDT
Colangelo_Bryan_tor_091117.jpg

Bryan Colangelo has stepped down as president of team and business operations of the Toronto Raptors, a position he accepted this offseason.

Colangelo wasn't retained as general manager and the Raptors subsequently hired Masai Ujri.

Colangelo will remain as a consultant.

"I have concluded that stepping away from my position is the best course of action for the organization and everyone involved,” said Colangelo.

A source told Ken Berger of CBS Sports that Colangelo and MLSE CEO Tim Leiweke had been at odds.

vbjxe7v.gif
bua8ulp.gif
bill-cosby-is-tired-o.gif

The thing with Burke is that I don't know how much better he is than Isaiah.

I think he's an upgrade--stronger, better defensively, a better assist man--but he may not be the scorer that Isaiah is..

I have nothing to back it up but I think Shabazz might be the best SF in the draft :(

Just going with my gut, Howland factor, and Detroit factor ( their picks lately have been great).

Top Bottom