• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

The only guys in the lottery than can stick as starters I think are Noel, Porter, Burke, and Oladipo; with a maybe for McCollum, Zeller, Adams, Pope, Len, and McLemore.

Outside of the lottery I'd go international all day. Shabazz, Muscala, Dieng, Withey, Crabbe, Franklin, and Bullock should be solid picks too in the mid to late first.

Bread

Banned
The only guys in the lottery than can stick as starters I think are Noel, Porter, Burke, and Oladipo; with a maybe for McCollum, Zeller, Adams, Pope, Len, and McLemore.

Outside of the lottery I'd go international all day. Shabazz, Muscala, Dieng, Withey, Crabbe, Franklin, and Bullock should be solid picks too in the mid to late first.
What about Schroeder? He seems like Rondo with a better shot, I'd love for the Celtics to take him.

SamuraiX-

The thing with Burke is that I don't know how much better he is than Isaiah.

I think he's an upgrade--stronger, better defensively, a better assist man--but he may not be the scorer that Isaiah is..

He's got like 3-4 inches on IT, which is an upgrade already.

I love Isaiah, but he came into the league after 3 years in college and I feel like he's pretty much peaked.

From what I've seen of Burke, he looks like he can effectively score in all the same ways Isaiah can.

Zeller is...sigh, god that fucking Bynum trade.

Shit cut the team so deep yo

The thing is that I don't think any big is better than anything we have on the roster now...

let that shit sink in.

I'd be "okay" with Zeller but he's not a center and Thad is better...and Moultrie might be just as good. so.....why?

I want a wing. We started Damien Wilkins at points last year....

yeah.

Zeller is the only big I'm cool with taking at 11...anybody else will make my soul float away.....again.

I honestly like Adams for you guys. He's a project but I like him and the good thing is that him being awful helps the tank effort which is what you guys probably need more than anything right now.

Zeller is really going to fuck up the tank while probably not being all that great of a long term piece.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Shabazz & Swag future, no fucks in the state of PA

Has Rodeo commented on the 26th to the Nets for Marshawn Brooks yet?
Yeah, I think it's kinda of a waste. He can't shoot, so what's the point? especially if we can come away with somebody like McCollum or KCP tomorrow. I don't think Adelman would give him any run, either.

When asked what his paramount adjustment will be at the next level, Bennett responded: “Transitioning my game from the power forward to the small forward”. Bennett was steadfast in proclaiming that his pro position is at the THREE, making it known without direct questioning.

Some scouts say you are the most “NBA ready” prospect in the draft. Is your game ready for the pros?

“I’m 6’7, so people say I’m a tweener, but I don’t really look at it like that. I dominated college all year. I scored inside and outside, I rebounded and helped my teammates score as well. So I feel I’m ready.”

lol

I honestly like Adams for you guys. He's a project but I like him and the good thing is that him being awful helps the tank effort which is what you guys probably need more than anything right now.

Zeller is really going to fuck up the tank while probably not being all that great of a long term piece.

I don't like him for us.

We don't have anyone to teach him anything plus Pitt bigs have done nothing in the league.

I also can't remember the last "he raw bu-but he can totes be good after 3 years" big that has panned out.

Bynum (lulz) I guess but we don't have a HOF coach and players.

gonna bust so hard.

/no chance he makes it to 11 so I can troll all I want.

images

I don't like him for us.

We don't have anyone to teach him anything plus Pitt bigs have done nothing in the league.

I also can't remember the last "he raw bu-but he can totes be good after 3 years" big that has panned out.

Favors, Sanders, and Asik (though he was a second round pick and was never projected to be more than a backup and is different than those two) fit that mold. I'm worried about Adams because I don't think he'll ever be able to score and I'm not sure he's intense or aware enough to be awesome enough offensively to make up for the tons of turnovers and missed free throws and missed layups he'll probably have.

I don't like him for us.

gonna bust so hard.

Bynum
Larry Sanders
Omer Asik
Marc Gasol
Chandler

It happens man, guys just need to be in the right situation.

Favors, Sanders, and Asik (though he was a second round pick and was never projected to be more than a backup and is different than those two) fit that mold. I'm worried about Adams because I don't think he'll ever be able to score and I'm not sure he's intense or aware enough to be awesome enough offensively to make up for the tons of turnovers and missed free throws and missed layups he'll probably have.

I don't expect anything offensively, but getting a slight chance at getting Asik/Joakim tier defense a few years down the road while simultaneously giving yourself the best chance at a top 3 2014 pick is undoubtedly the best way to go for Philly.

Adams ranked really well in terms of rebounding, blocks, and steals, and I don't see any reason why he can't be really good at those things over time without having the downside of say a Withey who can't move sideways.

I can't blame knux though. Tank patience is really hard.

I don't like him for us.

gonna bust so hard.

dwight was raw as fuck and had steve franchise as his point guard during his rookie year, turned out okay

We aren't it.

yeah, you'd need to be sure Adams is either mentally strong enough to withstand a poor environment or that he has an existing support network to lean on to help him develop. I'm not sure Adams has that so you may be right.

really, you guys just need to hire a damn coach. what are you waiting so long for?

Bread

Banned
This is a deep draft for teams that are looking to add depth, talent though not so much.
Yea that's why I think this is a great draft for the Celtics to be buyers. They aren't going anywhere with Pierce and KG, trade them for lower picks and build up the back lines so if (please danny) we tank next year we can have a solid all around team for a top draft pick to come in to.

yeah, you'd need to be sure Adams is either mentally strong enough to withstand a poor environment or that he has an existing support network to lean on to help him develop. I'm not sure Adams has that so you may be right.

really, you guys just need to hire a damn coach. what are you waiting so long for?

Our GM hasn't said shit since getting hired.

No leaks. Nothing.

who knows.

SamuraiX-

Why should Mike Adams even be drafted in the 1st round?

something something puhtenshul something something you can't teach height something something

The guy gives less fucks about basketball than Nick Young. Let that shit sink in. My condolences to any fan of the team that takes him in the lottery.

SamuraiX-

"The Knicks select Tony Mitchell in NBA TV's 2013 Mock Draft."

"So why him? Why this kid?"

"Well, you know, the Knicks could always use another athletic underachiever."

gotDAYUM

shots fired

Larkin would get ate up by the bigger eastern conference guards.

Pacers need a PG but that needs to come via trade of FA. Withey would be a great, great pick to make sure the team doesn't automatically start to go net negative when Hibbert leaves games.

Lionel Hollins needs a job badly, you guys need to bring him in before the Celtics do.

Hollins apparently left Memphis due to not being a fan of analytics, which is what Hinkie is all about...so I doubt it.

I guess we will just hire Michael Curry to be a firing sqad guy after the tank. That or Fizdale or the dude from the Spurs

"The Knicks select Tony Mitchell in NBA TV's 2013 Mock Draft."

"So why him? Why this kid?"

"Well, you know, the Knicks could always use another athletic underachiever."

gotDAYUM

shots fired

Seth Davis is always good for one ether

The Knicks need post defense and rebounding, and Mitchell has the athleticism and length to get it done in those areas. The likelihood of him actually doing that though? lol

Do you think the Sixers are really planning on tanking knux? Good move if so, whatever you need to do to stay away from crazy hair.

Top Bottom