• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
aka "ESPN says"

aka "Sources tell us"

aka "My ass farted and I'm making a story out of it"

No, it's worse than that.

The report begins with "Word is..."

Word is, Aldridge wants to escape from Portland's rebuilding project and has made it known that he'd like to land in Chicago.

pilonv1

BNuzQwFCMAAnble.png:large

Who do you root for? You'd also have to take bargs, fields, dd and gay so IMO it's worth it.

Team that's not gonna sign Dwight or Paul. lol.

At least I won't have to watch J Smoove clang 3 pointers off the backboard with 14 seconds left on the shot clock.

:/

from the blazers realgm board

Just listen to Chad Doing on 750 The Game.....LaMarcus wanting out is legit. He apparently said during the exit interview that he wanted out and wants to go to Chicago or Dallas. Apparently a local reporter knew about this but was told by Neil Olshey to keep quiet...

Zohan....thanks for posting. I know Chad and he's not one to make stuff up. In fact, sometimes he is almost too forthcoming on his show. I didn't hear the interview or know where he got what is being reported but I will tell you this...what he heard/reported has been confirmed to me by someone I very much respect that isn't looking to score ratings or generate discussion. FWIW.

If you come tomorrow, I'll share in a little more detail what was relayed.

i don't get why this revelation is surprising, lma is in his prime years and doesn't want to waste them on a 34 win team

from the blazers realgm board

i don't get why this revelation is surprising, lma is in his prime years and doesn't want to waste them on a 34 win team

"a local reporter was told by olshey not to say anything" ?

What the fuck reporter would keep his mouth shut for two months on a big story like that? I wouldn't be surprised if lma did want out, but this smells like bullshit.

J2 Cool

LMA on Chicago would be amazing. Which of course means it's not going to happen. But I'm going to spend all night doing fake trades to get it done.

I have no idea how they don't take CLE's offer.

masud

Banned
So, Ricky Ledo...sleeper pick?

I think I'm all on the Ricky Ledo or Glen Rice Jr. train at #24 if available.

I'd also like it if the Knicks could get a second rounder on the cheap somehow...maybe we could get someone there too.

A coach said this about Ricky Ledo: "he's the single worst human being I'd ever been associated with on a basketball court", "program killer"

Sounds like a Knick to me. Get that boy a contract! Seriously though I don't like any of the guards around 24. I say we draft a big there and try to get a 2nd round pick to take Wolters.

Pimpwerx

LMA on Chicago would be amazing. Which of course means it's not going to happen. But I'm going to spend all night doing fake trades to get it done.

I have no idea how they don't take CLE's offer.

Would the Bulls keep Boozer and have a LMA-Boozer frontcourt? I think that would be a very interesting frontcourt lots of range but still good rebounding. However, Thibs would want to slit his wrist at the defense. PEACE.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Would the Bulls keep Boozer and have a LMA-Boozer frontcourt? I think that would be a very interesting frontcourt lots of range but still good rebounding. However, Thibs would want to slit his wrist at the defense. PEACE.
What about Taj? Someone has to carry Boozer's luggage around.

dalVlatko

Jason Lloyd ‏@JasonLloydABJ 2h
Whoever invented mock drafts deserves a kick in the seeds. What a waste

Jason Lloyd ‏@JasonLloydABJ 29m
Jason Lloyd’s Mock Draft: Cavs come away with Alex Len, Sergey Karasev: PickTeamPlayerPos.College or forei... http://bit.ly/19vPg3L

Jason Lloyd ‏@JasonLloydABJ 14m
I hate guessing. I hate conjecture. I hate throwing crap against the wall and seeing what sticks. That's all mock drafts are
Cavs beat writers are so awful

Chad Ford @chadfordinsider 3m More draft intrigue from Cavs! Hearing, somewhat convincingly, that owner Dan Gilbert loves Victor Oladipo. Me too @cavsdan!!!

Chad Ford @chadfordinsider 7m Working on Mock 7.0. Team A convinced: 1. Len 2. McLemore 3. Bennett Team B: 1. Noel 2. Oladipo 3. Porter. It's going to be a long night

Chad stahp

It would be LMA and Noah and that frontcourt would be in the mix for best in the league with West/Hibbert, Gasol/Zbo.

Like Portland would give up LMA without getting Noah in return.

the Bulls would never give up Noah. there'd have to be three teams involved for CHI to do it. I doubt it happens tho, when has CHI's management ever shown that they have the chutzpah to hash out any kind of ambitious deal.

I'm starting to get swayed on Glen Rice Jr., dude has definite starter potential, him and Reggie Bullock looking good at 24. Knicks should focus on best athlete available who can immediately contribute.
The best moment in New York Knick History circa 2000-2020.
shumpdunk.0_standard_352.0.gif

Bread

Banned
Like Portland would give up LMA without getting Noah in return.
why would you want noah? he's the same age as LMA, and probably cares the same amount about being on a contender in his prime. Butler/Mirotic/Bobcats 1st/Chicago 1st would be a pretty good haul for LMA.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
why would you want noah? he's the same age as LMA, and probably cares the same amount about being on a contender in his prime. Butler/Mirotic/Bobcats 1st/Chicago 1st would be a pretty good haul for LMA.

Because our starting center was JJ Hickson :|

Ideally I want a Noah + LMA front-court.

That would actually be a lot of nice assets. Would think they'd have to send Gibson out to a third team to get a few more assets, but that's getting close to LMA's value.

Top Bottom