• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Cornbread78

Was Fab a bust? I think Sullinger played well for Boston last year.

Yeah, pretty much a bust, he was lost out on the floor when they put him in the NBA game. Sullinger is a scrappy undersized PF like Boozer, so they definately need a big. The only reason I could see them takign LArkin, is if they are plannign on shipping Rondo outta town..

Emwitus

Yeah, pretty much a bust, he was lost out on the floor when they put him in the NBA game. Sullinger is a scrappy undersized PF like Boozer, so they definately need a big. The only reason I could see them takign LArkin, is if they are plannign on shipping Rondo outta town..

Uhm, what? To be a bust you actually have to play some games. Ainge said they were deliberately not playing fab int he nba to give him more time to develop. He started played basketball relatively late. Also, he suffered a concussion while walking through a door and had to sit out some games in the d-league.

Cornbread78

Uhm, what? To be a bust you actually have to play some games. Ainge said they were deliberately not playing fab int he nba to give him more time to develop. He started played basketball relatively late. Also, he suffered a concussion while walking through a door and had to sit out some games in the d-league.

And with all that being said, when he did get an opportunity to play at the NBA level, he got schooled... I mean, playground style, chest-pounding schooled....Is there a glimmer of hope he can develope, yes, but it's a couple years away at best..

Emwitus

And with all that being said, when he did get an opportunity to play at the NBA level, he got schooled... I mean, playground style, chest-pounding schooled....Is there a glimmer of hope he can develope, yes, but it's a couple years away at best..

What part of he didn't get an opportunity to "play" in the nba is hard to understand. And no, i'm not talking about garbage minutes in a meanigless game towards the end of the season. Sullinger got actually minutes, and even started in some games. I'd like to know when he got schooled too.

EDIT: Most mintes his played in the nba 17? When? April 17th. Previously his highest minute total was 7. In a grand total of 5 out of 82 nba games. Again, Danny ainge said they were deliberately keeping him off the nba floor.

Phoenix looking at Zeller makes me hesitant to trade back. Was hoping we could get the Pistons to remove the protection on their pick for next year to swap picks with us.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
What does Chad Ford's new mock say about the Wolves?

Kentavious Caldwell-Pope Minnesota Timberwolves

Analysis: Of all the picks in this mock draft, this is the one I'm most sure of. We've had Caldwell-Pope here for over a month and we're not moving him unless Minnesota trades up to No. 2, 4 or 5 to land Oladipo.

The more I think about it, the more the idea of taking Bennett is starting to intrigue me. If he literally is "unguardable" and can actually play PF, he would be an excellent offensive weapon. And the Wiz need more offense.

Nicolas+Cage+Laugh.gif

diehard

Fleer
Was going to post this after he was drafted but i will prob forget.
Dat Nerlens Noel with only 5 points and 4 boards @ the hoop summit vs Shabazz's 35 points.
AND
Wiz getting shabazz
Knux said:
McDonald game because there is no such thing as tanking too early.
SHABAZZ FUTUREZ.
chars said:
Shabazz looks like he'll be good. I don't get the Harden comaprisons at all though. To me the kid has more a sf game than a sg game.
legendofjoe said:
That would be a talented starting lineup, but it's not a complete team roster. Here's what I hope the Bobcats will put on the court in two years:

2 - Shabazz Muhammad, Gerald Henderson

All it will take is a little luck in next year's lottery to land Muhammad.
AND
We'd still be in the lottery, but we wouldn't be picking in the top 4 which is where we need to be if we have any hope of landing Shabazz or Noel.
Sephcast said:
Here starts the Tank in 2012-2013 for Shabazz campaign.

Iron E Man said:
Time to Tank. SHABAZZ HERE WE COME

Ryu said:
Shabazz Mohammed GET!
DY said:
And fuck up our tank for Shabazz?
What Mitch needs to do is try and predict who will have the number 1 pick NEXT year, trade Bynum to them and draft Shabazz Muhammed.
Squal said:
we're going to be scrubs for Shabazz!
Blackace said:
Shabazz Muhammad would solve a lot of problems in motor city.
kad said:
Looks like Bargnani is going to start at center for the Raptors again.

Shabazz Future.
Red Blaster said:
one step closer to Shabazz or Noel
darkside said:
Shabazz Muhammad here we come! I liked his Youtube highlights more than the other guys bandied about around the top of next years class.
pkaz01 said:
Fuuuckk that shabazz or bust!
Nelo Ice said:
Tanking for Shabazz is a go!
Flash said:
we could have a shot at Shabazz.
Nori said:
suck azz for shabazz
DY said:
suck ass for shabazz
Canuck lol banned said:
If we can tank the right way and land Shabazz this team will be unstoppable in the west with a decent bench

There was more but i got tired.

Who will win the real lottery tonight? Let's find out!

I don't want to get too excited since its Broussard but Howard in Dallas would be awesome! Cuban has to not blow it by gettin the cap space necessary.

Shabazz scored 18 PPG on okay percentages with zero fucks to give playing Howland ball.

Watch him be better than anyone in this draft not named Noel.

Why is Bill Simmons on ESPN's NBA Draft Coverage for tonight? He's admitted that he's watched full games of basically none of these guys and just looks at their DX scouting reports and YouTube highlights...

Odds we're saying the same thing about Wiggins next year?

There's a chance, but three of the super hyped up guys from this year's high school class will probably turn out to be great. A tank that started because of pursuit of Wiggins could end up with Julius Randle as the #1 guy in the draft and that would still be fine. In 2009, teams were tanking for BJ Mullens and ended up with Griffin and Harden after the scouting process was finished.

SamuraiX-

Shabazz scored 18 PPG on okay percentages with zero fucks to give playing Howland ball.

Watch him be better than anyone in this draft not named Noel.

It feels very reminiscent of all the shitting on Barnes that happened last year.

Why is Bill Simmons on ESPN's NBA Draft Coverage for tonight? He's admitted that he's watched full games of basically none of these guys and just looks at their DX scouting reports and YouTube highlights...

If that's the case, I'll be replacing Bill Simmons next year.

#thanksforthehopebill

A lot of Shabazz's points were scored off garbage cherry-picking. He's like Barnes without the explosion and with a much higher opinion of himself, but that would be a pretty terrible NBA player.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope Minnesota Timberwolves

Analysis: Of all the picks in this mock draft, this is the one I'm most sure of. We've had Caldwell-Pope here for over a month and we're not moving him unless Minnesota trades up to No. 2, 4 or 5 to land Oladipo.

Many thanks, sir.

I really hope Chad is right.

Cornbread78

What part of he didn't get an opportunity to "play" in the nba is hard to understand. And no, i'm not talking about garbage minutes in a meanigless game towards the end of the season. Sullinger got actually minutes, and even started in some games. I'd like to know when he got schooled too.

EDIT: Most mintes his played in the nba 17? When? April 17th. Previously his highest minute total was 7. In a grand total of 5 out of 82 nba games. Again, Danny ainge said they were deliberately keeping him off the nba floor.

I think you are getting your right hand and left hand confused here.

Left Hand: Sullinger was fine. an undersized but scrappy PF that did a lot of rebounding and was a spark for the C's thsi season.

Right Hand, you're right about Melo playing limited time, but when he was out there, he was lost, even in "garbage time" against other garbage time players. Say what you will about where he is in his developement, but he is going to need a lot of work to fit into the NBA game. If Garnett and Pierce get traded, he will see a lot more time out on the floor, I just hope he is workig on his game in the off-season to make any kind of meaningful contribution.

A lot of Shabazz's points were scored off garbage cherry-picking. He's like Barnes without the explosion and with a much higher opinion of himself, but that would be a pretty terrible NBA player.

I think he'll be a decently better scorer than Barnes though. Significantly higher free throw rate and he's just more fluid than Harrison. Barnes movement is about as bad as you can get without being a big or a flat out role playing jumpshooter.

Barnes also actually cared about college life and the Tarheels while Shabazz couldn't have been more disinterested in UCLA if he tried.

Meier

I see Dwight is unlikely to resign with the Lakers. We got our new franchise Center (until he fucks off to LA too........) and the Lakers only got him for a year. I love it.

Who is Tony Mitchell and why does Woj say the Wolves like him?

dude is a walking Draft Day punchline.

Wingspan. Jumpouttathegymability. potential.

He got it all.

except he's not that great at basketball..

dude was average in the big sun conference.

What is the big sun conference?

exactly

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
dude is a walking Draft Day punchline.

Wingspan. Jumpouttathegymability. potential.

He got it all.

except he's not that great at basketball..

dude was average in the big sun conference.

What is the big sun conference?

exactly

Oh no. I don't know what's worse, this or dealing the pick for Marshon Brooks.

Branduil

Multiple sources is saying that Dwight thinks the Mavs are the most desirable location because he can be the face of the franchise and their play style would suit him the most. Come on down Howard, you'll be the best center in Mavs history bro!

Dwight's going to Houston bro.

Brinbe

Already rid ourselves of Colangelo, I really hope Bargs is next tonight.

And I also refuse to believe Dwight would really love all that cash on the table. He just wants attention from suitors.

Top Bottom