• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

No matter how this works out, I love that an unabashed Knicks fan is getting a chance to play for the team he grew up loving. At least he'll try hard, even if he's trash.

I'll always remember listening to his St. John's runs on the radio when I was a kid!
Man, I loved watching St. Johns back in the day. Ron Artest, Lavor Postell, Zendan Hamiltion, Felipe Lopez... those were my boys. And a nice signing by the Knicks, they need all the toughness they can get with Bargnani on their team, plus you need a guy who when opposing guys try and start shit with your players will be like "Oops, elbow in your throat!" Imagine if the Knicks can ink Martin too!

Martin
Artest
Anthony
Shumpert
Prigioni

Probably their best defensive/toughman
thug
lineup.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Even Metta can't wipe away the fact the Knicks have Bargnani on their team.

Man, I was hoping Ron would get picked up by a contender, at least.
but he did,
uPFxcYs.jpg

i guess

edit: goddamnti

Man, I loved watching St. Johns back in the day. Ron Artest, Lavor Postell, Zendan Hamiltion, Felipe Lopez... those were my boys.

Man, you took me back. Used to be all about that era of SJU hoops. I still have the Felipe Lopez SI cover from 1994 or 1995!

So yeah, MWP is going to work out good in NY, even if he sucks. A diminished MWP at his base level is a good enough PJ Brown-level goon to get some hard fouls and make a jumper or two. I LOVE it.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Man, you took me back. Used to be all about that era of SJU hoops. I still have the Felipe Lopez SI cover from 1994 or 1995!

So yeah, MWP is going to work out good in NY, even if he sucks. A diminished MWP at his base level is a good enough PJ Brown-level goon to get some hard fouls and make a jumper or two. I LOVE it.

I'm actually hoping he has something more in the tank considering he wont be forced to play in a d'antoni offense and shump & tyson can work with him on defense.

YES

CAN'T WAIT TO WEAR A WORLD PEACE JERSEY

QUEENSBRIDGE.

Now, this is the signing of a veteran role player and a personal/fan favorite, not some gamechanging championship guy or something. But I personally am happy that a hometown player is back, especially one who is a true fan of the team (since he is actually from New York). If he plays even identically to last year, he will help out a lot. Now, get Kenyon Martin again, and let's go to war.

Felton/Shumpert/Anthony/Bargnani/Chandler
Prigioni/Smith/World Peace/Martin/Stoudemire

with Murray, Leslie, Hardaway, Tyler and a spot open just in case.

This guy is ass. This is why people hate knix fans

Truphenom

Just heard about Metta, very nice. We need more St. John’s repping the team.

The live/die references will be out of control this season.

Any word on Kenyon?

Cornbread78

I don't think it'll be that bad, during the press conference Ainge even made a joke that Hump flopped.

Funny stuff there.

As long as Brooks and Crawford are on the floor the same time for 30 minutes a game the season will be successful.

The next Bill Russell !!!

I don't know, this isn't a good enough Tank effort is my fear... Maybe ths guy can teach Melo how to play, I mean, we probably have the tallest Brazillians around protecting the hoop.

I think you guys should look to do a bit better than Asik. How about this:

Rondo and Ariza to Detroit
Monroe and Villanueva to Washington
Okafor and your unprotected 2014 first to Bosto

Plus whatever throwaway guys you and Detroit want to throw in

We don't really need Rondo. I know how that sounds, but we need spacing in the starting lineup and depending on KCP/ old Billups ain't gonna cut it. Don't need the locker room drama he brings either. I think we stand pat until deadline with knight

MWP is gonna get lots of love when he visits LA as a Knick, not sure how much he has left in the tank but I wish him well.

He should be a solid roleplayer but I wouldn't be shocked if he steals a starting spot from one of those frauds.

Top Bottom