• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

B.O.O.M

Speaking of Lillard

1011492_10151586212656137_2100223473_n.jpg

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
WojYahooNBA
Metta World Peace has reached an agreement in principle on a two-year deal with the New York Knicks, league source tells Y! Sports.

YES

CAN'T WAIT TO WEAR A WORLD PEACE JERSEY

QUEENSBRIDGE.

Now, this is the signing of a veteran role player and a personal/fan favorite, not some gamechanging championship guy or something. But I personally am happy that a hometown player is back, especially one who is a true fan of the team (since he is actually from New York). If he plays even identically to last year, he will help out a lot. Now, get Kenyon Martin again, and let's go to war.

Felton/Shumpert/Anthony/Bargnani/Chandler
Prigioni/Smith/World Peace/Martin/Stoudemire

with Murray, Leslie, Hardaway, Tyler and a spot open just in case.

xnipx

I see skip has moved onto his next target. Fuck that dude, how many rings you got skip?

So I guess you're one of those people who doesn't think not chipping should impact his legacy? Especially as the so called best center in the game?

PBY

Banned
So I guess you're one of those people who doesn't think not chipping should impact his legacy? Especially as the so called best center in the game?
I think chipping requires a ton of favorable factors to fall in place- it would def help his legacy of course.

What I object to is skips penchance for labeling dudes losers and then viewing all of their actions through that prism.

diehard

Fleer
damn, and he did that against kobe? I stand corrected, then. So they're about the same.

what happened to kobe's defense? I remember him shutting down so many people.

Seriously have you not been watching the NBA the past few years?

Kobe is shit on defense.

Tom Penny

Celtics offseason is great. They might sign a guy nicknamed “El Hombre Indestructible.” LOL

Brazilian center Victor Faverani has agreed in principle to sign a three-year deal with the Celtics, a source told Yahoo! Sports.
— Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) July 15, 2013

3 Years?

Eh, he's an expiring so I can live with it.

Wallace on the other hand...I hope him not being there with a jersey is a sign that he's on his way out.

He was apparently at his charity basketball camp in Alabama. I think he's essentially unmovable unless the Celtics are willing to package him with Rondo or picks.

Edit:

@Sam_Amick said:
Metta World Peace text to USAT on whether deal is done with the Knicks: "No. I'm still talking to other people." Don't kill the messenger...

What the hell's happening?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I'm just happy that the Knicks have finally rectified the sad fact that they took Frederick Weis instead of Ron Artest all those years ago.

Bogans and Brooks look so...unhappy.

I thought Brooks would at least be happy to get more PT and more responsibilities and Bogans got a nice payday.

Humphries seems to think he's sticking around.

Hump is not a bad dude and a serviceable player. He's got a nice short jumper, finishes well at the rim, runs the court well, good man D (poor team D -- but nothing good coaching can't fix), plays hard every night, averaged a double-double last time he was in a contract year in a starting role.

He's overpaid for strategic reasons, but he's a good dude in my book.

Bogans and Brooks look so...unhappy.

I thought Brooks would at least be happy to get more PT and more responsibilities and Bogans got a nice payday.

Hump is not a bad dude and a serviceable player. He's got a nice short jumper, finishes well at the rim, runs the court well, good man D (poor team D -- but nothing good coaching can't fix), plays hard every night, averaged a double-double last time he was in a contract year in a starting role.

He's overpaid for strategic reasons, but he's a good dude in my book.

It may not seem like it based on that picture but Brooks actually seems to be fairly happy with this trade and Bogans better be happy with his new pay raise. As for Hump, I agree with you for the most part he doesn't seem as bad as people make him out to be. I'm just not sure if he has a role on this team in the future.

Cornbread78

It may not seem like it based on that picture but Brooks actually seems to be fairly happy with this trade and Bogans better be happy with his new pay raise. As for Hump, I agree with you for the most part he doesn't seem as bad as people make him out to be. I'm just not sure if he has a role on this team in the future.

I wonder if Rondo will throw him into the stands during practice time.... I mean, didn't he essentially call him a big pu$$y after all that went down?

No matter how this works out, I love that an unabashed Knicks fan is getting a chance to play for the team he grew up loving. At least he'll try hard, even if he's trash.

I'll always remember listening to his St. John's runs on the radio when I was a kid!

Tom Penny

As long as Brooks and Crawford are on the floor the same time for 30 minutes a game the season will be successful.

The next Bill Russell !!!

1229522429.jpg

Top Bottom