• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

Forever

Banned
Isola going HAM

iflUitcouzA06.gif

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I confused. How was Lance Thomas waived by the Nopes but still playing for the Nopes? Decent game tonight, there are enough tanking teams who will pick someone up who can play some D at league minimum. If Lance Thomas lasts as long in the league as long as he did at at Duke, I consider him a success. There's magic in that black diamond Jesus

Emwitus

Somebody tell me why the Lakers going to buyout the contract of Jordan Farmar from Turkish basketball league??
What other options do they have? Might as well gamble with a home grown young vet for a one year contract on a disregard year. Buyout is around 500k that doesn't count towards cap

linsivvi

Somebody tell me why the Lakers going to buyout the contract of Jordan Farmar from Turkish basketball league??

Anything that doesn't count towards cap is nothing. They are projected to make $90M in profit this season. Essentially he's $1.5M for a year but only $1M towards the cap.

A better question is why give Sacre, of all people, a 3 year (2+1 optional) contract? Dude is horrible even in the summer league. Are they seeing something in him that we don't?

LuchaShaq

Banned
Brand isn't a good starter anymore hasn't been for a few years

Dude was a candidate for all defensive team in 2012, it was to the point that he had Haberstoh (a guy who is not one to troll) wrote an article about him as a DPOY candidate.

Don't be ridiculous.

Yes he is a bit old and even young didn't have much explosion, he still is leaps and bounds better than the Kmarts/jordan hills/zazas/brandon basses of the league.

In 2012 he was the anchor to the sixers D which was top 3 all season, not to mention how well they did in the playoffs considering the low talent level.

alba

Little is the new Big
What the heck, where can I watch the Bulls game? They're not showing it anywhere, site says nbatv but that's bs. Ugh.

NVM go it on EPSN Go for anyone interested.

Y'all were just telling me how the Knicks were still the better team and #1 in New York. How can it be a bandwagon when you're supposedly downgrading? :lol

When they say number one they mean in terms of perception. Nets may very well have a better record this season but that isn't going to change anything.

A team that is dumb enough to give up picks to get Andre Garbagani. The Raptors would have to have given up multiple picks to dump that shit contract/shit player off on any other roster.

Nah, they were just gonna have to take him out behind the shed and amnesty him if no one bit.

Fortunately,

PaWAbeY.png

Everything was free draft picks.

B.O.O.M

lol imagine if Bargnani actually starts playing really well for god knows what reason..we will not hear the end of it

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Nuh uh.

C'mon mayne. Either the Nets are the new hot shit and everyone is bandwagoning it or the Knicks are the superior team and ain't worried at all. Choose.

so JR missing a few games in the beginning of the season means the knicks downgraded?

Metta will play the role ronnie brewer was suppose to play last year, barg should play the role Novak did last year but with more diversity in how he scores (plus keep ignoring the fact that trade was to have about 50 million in 2015 or an 11 million expiring next season) and JR is out a few weeks into the season. We have depth at the 2 guard already...

B.O.O.M

Master plan son.

Not to worry. You can't just spontaneously grow the rebounding gene or defensive awareness.

As likely as Amare playing 82 games this season.

Hehe crazier things happen in the world (ask Cavs fans about the draft this year lol). I am on the pessimistic side as well for the record, I don't see him making a big impact at the knicks, no matter how much coaching he receives.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
He's absolutely right.

Why the fuck are you guys NOT being pissed off as you should? I wasn't happy when my team signed Walter fucking Hermann. You guys shouldn't be happy that your team either knowingly or unknowingly resigned a certified idiot to a 4 year contract right before a knee surgery - the same dumbass who was put on blast for drinking his ass off at clubs during the playoffs.

It is what it is.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Don't worry guys. The Knicks have a really good track record of giving aging players with knee problems a long contract.

Top Bottom