• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

I'm struggling to come up with an agreeable trade for Rondo that makes sense for both sides. The Magic have the assets, but they're not at the right stage to make that kind of move. The Pacers don't have the assets to get it done, same for the Rockets. So the trade will probably have to involve 3 teams.

I'm struggling to come up with an agreeable trade for Rondo that makes sense for both sides. The Magic have the assets, but they're not at the right stage to make that kind of move. The Pacers don't have the assets to get it done, same for the Rockets. So the trade will probably have to involve 3 teams.

Rondo to the Rox
Asik to the Wizards
Okafor and a top 3 protected 2014 1st to the Celtics

who says no?

SamuraiX-

Rondo to the Rox
Asik to the Wizards
Okafor and a top 3 protected 2014 1st to the Celtics

who says no?

That's actually the most legitimate Rondo trade scenario I've heard yet.

The problem is that I'm sure the Celtics would also expect a young prospect or two in return as well.

Hmm not bad.gif

Not sure the upgrade of Asik>Okafor is worth it for you guys though

Asik isn't just an upgrade. His impact on that Wizards team would be so much more significant that it'll be like they never had Okafor in the first place.

Ainge values Rondo more than the rest of the league, I expect him to accept a deal once he sees there's no huge market for a slow pace PG who can't shoot and has a shitty attitude.

Hmm not bad.gif

Not sure the upgrade of Asik>Okafor is worth it for you guys though

There's a four year age difference for them since Omer just turned 27 and Emeka is turning 31 late September.

Omer is also decently better as a rebounder while being virtually the same everywhere else, but those are pretty huge things for a rebuilding team.

As for the Celtics, picks are pretty much all you look for when you tank. It's like getting two picks because you end up being worse without Rondo and you get the Wizards pick.

So basically you're guaranteed a good crack at Wiggins/Jabari and then a project big to go with it if you do that deal.

Edit: They also would get good help from Okafor in a year. They desperately desperately need a defensive vet big to help Kelly grow in his first year. He's going to get murdered out there with the roster as it is.

Rondo for Bargn...

Wait. I don't have to make that joke anymore.

cpHpebal.jpg

Rondo is a terrible fit for the Rockets. No way Morey trades for him.

Eh, maybe. I'm a believer that as long as guys are in their prime and are great basketball players they'll find a way to make it work. They won't be splashing threes from the outside like a finesse team, but they'll score a ton off of turnovers, muddy the game up and live at the foul line.

There's a four year age difference for them since Omer just turned 27 and Emeka is turning 31 late September.

Omer is also decently better as a rebounder while being virtually the same everywhere else, but those are pretty huge things for a rebuilding team.

As for the Celtics, picks are pretty much all you look for when you tank. It's like getting two picks because you end up being worse without Rondo and you get the Wizards pick.

So basically you're guaranteed a good crack at Wiggins/Jabari and then a project big to go with it if you do that deal.

Edit: They also would get good help from Okafor in a year. They desperately desperately need a defensive vet big to help Kelly grow in his first year. He's going to get murdered out there with the roster as it is.

I think you guys should look to do a bit better than Asik. How about this:

Rondo and Ariza to Detroit
Monroe and Villanueva to Washington
Okafor and your unprotected 2014 first to Bosto

Plus whatever throwaway guys you and Detroit want to throw in

I think you guys should look to do a bit better than Asik. How about this:

Rondo and Ariza to Detroit
Monroe and Villanueva to Washington
Okafor and your unprotected 2014 first to Bosto

Plus whatever throwaway guys you and Detroit want to throw in

That's not a bad look but I can't see Detroit giving up on Monroe this early.

That's not a bad look but I can't see Detroit giving up on Monroe this early.

Unless Dumars truly is retarded enough to think Smoove, Drummond, and Monroe can play together they already have. Monroe has a high trade value, if Dumars was smart he'd trade him before this season is over.

Top Bottom