• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

Cipherr

Why won't someone please think about poor ugly Brittni. Now because of dwights twitter comments, she'll never marry and will always be miserable...

Lol, this.

He just gave her a dose of her own trolling medicine.

Indeed. For some reason some people get their jimmies rustled when this happens. I have no fucking idea why. Its definitely a personality thing, none of these people ever have anything to say until the person fires back. Even the girl is having fun with the back and forth.

But by all means don't let reality stand in the way of things.

Lol, this.

Indeed. For some reason some people get their jimmies rustled when this happens. I have no fucking idea why. Its definitely a personality thing, none of these people ever have anything to say until the person fires back. Even the girl is having fun with the back and forth.

But by all means don't let reality stand in the way of things.

You and lark are literally attacking an opinion no one has expressed.

Branduil

I think both conferences are fairly equal this year

iU2OIuvYGIBy7.gif

how would they not?

Their spacing and efficiency is terrible and Josh Smith is the only guy on the team that plays good defense right now? If Drummond takes a step up defensively and Smith plays mostly at PF, they'll be good, but I think both are questionable right now. I think the Pistons also have to worry about teams realizing that they should intentionally foul Drummond and whether this mindfucks him like it did at UConn.

The Heat, Nets, Bulls, Pacers, Knicks, Wizards, and Hawks are all above average teams and I think the Raptors and Bucks could be as well (and the Cavs too I guess but I don't believe in Waiters or Bynum as much as the guys on the Raptors and Bucks). I think they could definitely miss the playoffs.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
At the top.

Only the Suns, Jazz, and Kings are straight up bad in the West.

East has Magic, Bobcats, Sixers, Bucks, Celtics, and probably Toronto.

I don't think Toronto will be that bad. Maybe around 35 wins or something. They were .500 when Bargnani didn't play last year.

A lot of paper tigers in the West though

SAS doesn't have a soul left and are a year older

OKC lost Kevin Martin and didn't even replace him, and while I think Westbrook is going to be fine I'm always weary of a torn meniscus recovery.

What makes the Warriors much better than the Knicks? Iggy is overrated, Curry doesn't have knees, and Klay Thompson and Harrison Barnes are two of the more overrated players in the league right now, particularly Klay.

LAC, Grizz, and Houston are real solid.

everything else is just whatever

OKC lost Kevin Martin and didn't even replace him, and while I think Westbrook is going to be fine I'm always weary of a torn meniscus recovery.

What makes the Warriors much better than the Knicks? Iggy is overrated, Curry doesn't have knees, and Klay Thompson and Harrison Barnes are two of the more overrated players in the league right now, particularly Klay.

Do a similar breakdown of the EC and you'll understand around the time you get an error message because your post is too long.

Branduil

Wait, you come up with those criticisms of the Spurs and and Warriors but can't say anything about the Clippers having one of the worst C rotations in the league or Houston having no good point guards or power forwards?

1-8, both conferences are pretty close, but I think the the East's bottom is way worse than the West's. Boston, Philly, Charlotte, and Orlando are worse than any team in the West other than Phoenix by a good bit I would say.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

Did Curry hurt his knee and I missed it?

Do a similar breakdown of the EC and you'll understand around the time when you get an error message because your post is too long.

Chicago, Indy, Miami, and Brooklyn if healthy will be as good as anyone in the West come playoff time

Knicks are GSW tier and added Beno

Solid teams: Washington, Toronto, Detroit

???: Cleveland and Atlanta. Could go either way.

Potential playoffs:

West

1. Miami
2. Indy
3. Chicago
4. Brooklyn
5. New York
6. Detroit
7. Washington
8. Toronto

West

1. LAC
2. HOU
3. OKC
4. MEM
5. SAS
6. GSW
7. Denver
8. Minnesota?

Wait, you come up with those criticisms of the Spurs and and Warriors but can't say anything about the Clippers having one of the worst C rotations in the league or Houston having no good point guards or power forwards?

Terrence Jones is the truth

1-8, both conferences are pretty close, but I think the the East's bottom is way worse than the West's. Boston, Philly, Charlotte, and Orlando are worse than any team in the West other than Phoenix by a good bit I would say.

You should probably include your team and the Lakers in that group with Phoenix.

Need that 1-Heat 8- Wizards match-up here. Come on! (I'd be happy with a 2-7, also)

Anyone have the East v. West regular season record handy?

faze doesn't even have atlanta in the playoffs.

detroit as sixth seed? the fuck you smoking. Detroit is Milwaukee bad

That's dead wrong. Bucks don't have anyone like Josh Smith.

Not sure about Dallas. Should we rule out the lakers completely though? When is Kobe back and how is Nash/Pau doing health wise?

Dallas survived 30+ games with Kaman/Brand as their starting front court and still ended up 2 games out of the playoffs. They're a playoff team.

I don't get it

Without even talking about Jennings, a lineup of Billups, KCP, Smoove, Monroe and Drummond is a solid team.

Whats with the hate?

It'd be a solid team if Chauncey Billups could still play professional basketball.

But yeah, Smoove is a 3rd Team All-NBA caliber forward. I don't see how they'd miss the playoffs.

masud

Banned
Holy shit

edit: That was about the Knicks signing Beno for the vet min, which I thought everyone would be talking about...

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I don't get it

Without even talking about Jennings, a lineup of Billups, KCP, Smoove, Monroe and Drummond is a solid team.

Whats with the hate?
There isn't a single player on that team that can hit a consistent shot past 18 feet and their only ballhandler is a chucker with a haircut from the early 90s.

They can't function.

You should probably include your team and the Lakers in that group with Phoenix.

Lakers..Probably yeah. The Jazz's defense is going to be good this year and we'll be able to run a fuckball offense (with Hayward and Favors doing a George-Hibbert imitation of inefficient scoring in a role that they're not comfortable in) that won't be the worst in the league even if Kanter and Burke can't provide the shotcreation we need. I'm obviously biased, but I think we'll be around 34 wins and I think those other teams will have less than 26.

I don't get it

Whats with the hate?

Drummond is the only guy who will probably be in the normal rotation who had a TS% over 53% last year and Smith is the only guy who defended last year. I think it's pretty fair to wonder if the guys on the team will be able to up their efficiency and defense this year or if they're just be last year's Bucks with worse defense.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
IWMTB's playoff predictions have a seeding accuracy of +/- 2.

thekad

Banned
Heat
Thunder
Spurs
Rockets

Bulls
Clippers
Grizzlies

Nets
Warriors
Pacers
Wolves
Mavericks
Blazers

Wizards
Pelicans
Knicks
Suns
Celtics
Bobcats
Magic
Sixers

The East is definitely worse.

I'm just saying that sometimes you are fallible too, although you're usually correct, more often than not.

lol reilo

What, of course, I'm definitely fallible (and I don't think otherwise) and I believe way too much in the Jazz (or sometimes too little due to being influenced by emotion) and players that I personally like watching and I project those teams too optimistically. I don't think I was that off on the Clippers though since while they were better than I thought in the regular season, there were still a good bit of teams that finished ahead of them and all of their issues that caused me to be fairly down on them (lack of scoring options other than CP3 and Griffin, bad defensive personnel, DeAndre Jordan, Crawful) showed up in the playoffs and ended their season

I don't think I even have an opinion on the Pistons, I just think there are reasons to doubt them.

Top Bottom