• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

That didn't make a lot of sense to me either. The team was 20 seconds from the title and they didn't lose anyone. Why are they going to be significantly worse? I realize that they are getting older in key areas, but that team has been known as regular season overachievers if anything.

I think there is also a chance that Kawhi Leonard takes a large step forward this season. He was so good in the playoffs and his potential as a two-way player seems crazy high.
I dont know that theyll return to the Finals next season, but theyll win another 55+ games.

Miami, Chicago, Indy, New Jersey

East changed.

The Knicks didnt change for the better with adding MWP, Beno, Bargani to the roster and having STAT back?

And not to mention Knicks kept the core roster which propelled them to dat 54 wins in first place.

But hey, 5th place in the West last season was the Grizzlies if I'm not mistaken....So 5th place not all that bad lol.

The Knicks didnt change for the better with adding MWP, Beno, Bargani to the roster and having STAT back?

And not to mention Knicks kept the core roster which propelled them to dat 54 wins in first place.

But hey, 5th place in the West last season was the Grizzlies if I'm not mistaken....So 5th place not all that bad lol.

beno is a net zero and mwp and garbageani are garbage

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I missed you like Boozer misses his defensive assignments.
I know you heard that Taj Gibson has already sprained his ankle, before he could even tryout for Team USA. He tried to touch Boozer's legacy, and his legs shook with so much bitchassness that his ankles shattered.

xinsrc_3920805190941906144986.jpg
08_moly_boozer_bio_300.jpg

I know you heard that Taj Gibson has already sprained his ankle, before he could even tryout for Team USA. He tried to touch Boozer's legacy, and his legs shook with so much bitchassness that his ankles shattered.

xinsrc_3920805190941906144986.jpg
08_moly_boozer_bio_300.jpg

I still want to know how Boozer broke his hand 3 years ago. I don't buy his story of tripping over a suitcase.

i don't think this is true since the clips got 4th last season. irrelevant tho, the knicks won't win the division.
Hm, forgot they changed the rule on that. But seriously you giving it to the Nets after a new coach in the Mark Jackson role, new core players who haven't played a game yet and the whole faction issues? Geez...
beno is a net zero and mwp and garbageani are garbage
Beno is a quality backup guard that'll replace Jason Kidd easily. Not a net zero in that aspect. Maybe if Orlando actually gave him minutes he would've gotten a decent contract by someone.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Jason Kidd was a net zero too. Replace zero with zero and what do you get? Andrea is garbage, mwp hasn't been relevant in two years.

Bucks had a better offseason

Okay, so all the additions to the team are lateral garbage additions that will do nothing for them and won't change anything.

Guess we'll win 54 games and the division since the players are the same (except they're healthier), then.

linsivvi

Hm, forgot they changed the rule on that. But seriously you giving it to the Nets after a new coach in the Mark Jackson role, new core players who haven't played a game yet and the whole faction issues? Geez...

Beno is a quality backup guard that'll replace Jason Kidd easily. Not a net zero in that aspect. Maybe if Orlando actually gave him minutes he would've gotten a decent contract by someone.

He's not saying he thinks the Knicks will finish 3rd or above. He's saying it's impossible for the Knicks to finish lower than 3rd, barring an injury to Melo.

Big difference.

Okay, so all the additions to the team are lateral garbage additions that will do nothing for them and won't change anything.

Guess we'll win 54 games and the division since the players are the same (except they're healthier), then.
HEY!
Angry Knick Blogger ‏@AngryKnickBlog 22h
@TommyDeeTKB @hoopscritic @JADubin5 NUMBERS ONLY MATTER WHEN THEY DEVALUE WHAT A KNICK DOES
He's not saying he thinks the Knicks will finish 3rd or above. He's saying it's impossible for the Knicks to finish lower than 3rd, barring an injury to Melo.

Big difference.
Which is why I thought if Knicks won the division, they'd automatically get a Top 3 seed. Forgot that rule was nixed.

Describing the addition of Bargs in place of garbage as a lateral move is one if the nicest things someone has said about Bargs in years.

JR will take time to live/die due to his knee surgery, which I think is the major concern since JR being sixth man material was a huge reason for NY's success.

This could also be the year the team tunes out Woodson, but that's all conjecture on my part.

NY minus that hot start is 5th seed material, 4th seed when/if Nets get hit by injury. I would say Knicks are almost as vulnerable to injury tho (Amare Bargs Felt JR Chandler Melo vs Deron Bropez KG Pierce)

I don't think Beno's a net zero.

Dude played well for Orlando since he got traded.

But yeah, it's a great deal because they got him for so cheap, not because he's amazing.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
NY will definitely start off with the hottest 3pt shooting of all time again.

NY will definitely start off with the hottest 3pt shooting of all time again.

Career 3P% of players on the current Knicks roster who would likely shoot 3s in a game this year:

Anthony: 33%
Smith: 37%
Shumpert: 35%
Felton: 33%
World Peace: 34%
Bargnani: 36%
Prigioni: 40% (just for shits and giggles, Euroleague: 36%
Udrih: 35%

Y'know what? They actually just might, statistically speaking.

Talon

Career 3P% of players on the current Knicks roster who would likely shoot 3s in a game this year:

This will be a fun 2K squad.

I was drafted by the Knicks in my player 2k and Shump became a 93 rated shooting guard by the 3rd year

It's too bad Magic Randolph was my frontcourt partner and was a fucking ball hog and terrible at everything

linsivvi

These are not good numbers.

35% was what the #21 team averaged last season.

Melo's 38% ranked #50 among qualified players last season.

And trust me, you do not want MWP shooting 3s, statistically speaking.

Looks like a bunch of average 3pt shooters with one exception.

These are not good numbers.

35% was what the #21 team averaged last season.

Melo's 38% ranked #50 among qualified players last season.

And trust me, you do not want MWP shooting 3s, statistically speaking.

The Knicks' only exceptionally good 3P% shooter last year that isn't currently here is Steve Novak. Jason Kidd is gone too, but he shot 35% career (shot 35% for the Knicks last year).

Everyone else that shot 3s is still here, and everyone who is still here shot 3s +/- 2% of their career 3P%. Statistically speaking, there's no argument for decreased ability to shoot/make 3s, unless you want to say that all of these players (who essentially only shot their career averages from 3 last year) collectively had an outlier.

The Knicks 3-point barrage was via sheer number attempted, and by design - not by exceptional percentage. It's not because any one player is an excellent shooter...it's because practically the entire team can/will shoot 3s at the very least at league average.

The Knicks' only exceptionally good 3P% shooter last year that isn't currently here is Steve Novak. Jason Kidd is gone too, but he shot 35% career (shot 35% for the Knicks last year).

Everyone else that shot 3s is still here, and everyone who is still here shot 3s +/- 2% of their career 3P%. Statistically speaking, there's no argument for decreased ability to shoot/make 3s, unless you want to say that all of these players (who essentially only shot their career averages from 3 last year) collectively had an outlier.

The Knicks 3-point barrage was via sheer number attempted, and by design - not by exceptional percentage. It's not because any one player is an excellent shooter...it's because practically the entire team can/will shoot 3s at the very least at league average.

The Knicks shot 42% from three in the moth of November and almost made 12 a game. Every single player that shoots threes on that team had a 3p% of at least 40%.

Knicks had a hot ass start.

The Knicks shot 42% from three in the moth of November and almost made 12 a game. Every single player that shoots threes on that team had a 3p% of at least 40%.

Knicks had a hot ass start.

You're right, and I didn't deny that either.
What I said was that statistically speaking, the team that had that hot-ass start could plausibly repeat it since most of the team is still there.

I'm not saying they *will* do that, though.

linsivvi

Wrong.

Copeland and Novak ranked #13 and #11 last season and they were responsible for a quarter of your teams 3 points.

Wrong again. The Knicks ranked #5 in percentage last season, and I just pointed out to you that the #21 team shot 35% last season. Unless you want to argue that shooting 30 3-pointers a game at poor percentage can be considered "hottest 3pt shooting of all time".

They also lost Copeland, who shot .420 from 3 last year, and Shumpert went from .300 in his rookie year to .400 in 2012, a pretty big jump even for a young player. Knicks were definitely a volume team last year, but they also shot at the league's 4th best average.

Top Bottom