• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

Its a harmless joke to a girl that's apparently married. Even her baby-daddy had a laugh at it. I personally think its pathetic to take it with any type of seriousness. People make all types of jokes, its immature and ignorant to think otherwise.

Why are you trying to justify it? Do you normally talk like that to people? If you're at a bar and a fat dude tells you Lebron is leaving after this season, do you make fun of him for being fat?

Does anybody who isn't a lakers fan really think a joking twitter put-down is some indictment of Dwight's character

Who mentioned Dwight's character? What he said was pathetic. That doesn't make him pathetic, just the act of doing it.

Kobe's said some pathetic things too. This has nothing to do with the Lakers. I'd have said the same no matter what player said it.

No reason for an argument about a joke Dwight made while probably making this face
1127-sports-wizards-howard3-ap_606.jpg

Why are you trying to justify it? Do you normally talk like that to people? If you're at a bar and a fat dude tells you Lebron is leaving after this season, do you make fun of him for being fat?

There's nothing to justify, thats my whole point. If I'm at a bar, and someone says "Lebron is leaving", I'd say something like "He'd better leave me another ring" or something to that effect. If its a Lakers fan, I would say something about the Lakers being shit for the foreseeable future. Etc. Playful banter, this is how it works. As long as a line doesn't get crossed everything is good, and no, that line isn't calling me ugly.

pilonv1

I know I'm late but I want to see Sean May play again. Loved him an UNC, but not as much as David Noel

I have a soft spot for anyone from the 03/04 college seasons, I never watched more NCAA hoops in my life (thankyou part time employment).

Go back to living your boring lives

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKj3Zwcy7ME

Since we're comparing the two.

One is funny (Dwight). One is mad (LBJ).

See, I see this as a case of "a hit dog will holler" . His comments don't particularly specify anybody, in fact it does the exact opposite and call out everybody. Unless you're gonna imply that every single lebron hater is some brokedown bum who can barely pay their own rent, there is no reason for you all to manufacture faux outrage and disgust for him simply dismissing his haters. Especially with the tune of "but but he's shitting on the poor" Unless of course he's stabbed a nerve that obviously exists somewhere on you.

Alot of Lebron's more vocal critics, the ones who actually can speak on a platform that grabs attention are successful reporters, former HoF players or tv personalities who all enjoy and have enjoyed varying degrees of wealth & success. So in your strawman fallacy world are these people excluded from lebrons words or?

holy fuck some of you who are trying to be moralists, I don't even think the girl took it that seriously and if she is going to go at him then she deserves whatever she gets back, whether it is a joke or not

i didn't look at his comments once and think at all "gee bad choice of words"

also, I am one who believes "fuck the high ground" for a lot of these more famous people. it irritates me more to see dumbasses go at them on social media because in 2013 you can get your word in to them directly and have no consequences on you other than being blocked

Does anybody who isn't a lakers fan really think a joking twitter put-down is some indictment of Dwight's character

I'm a Laker fan and I thought it was hilarious. People feel themselves too much on Twitter, especially when dealing with celebrities. I have no problems when the celebs then troll them back. It was basically a dozens type burn. Probably not the smartest move for Dwight, considering his stature, he might catch shit for it, but hilarious nonetheless.

h3ro

Yo, did y'all hear!? We got Beno, East is on notice. Priggie Smalls and Beno gonna get ya.

Dy, lets play Dragons Crown.

Felton/Shumpert/Anthony/Bargnani/Chandler
Prigioni/Smith/World Peace/Martin/Stoudemire
Udrih/Hardaway Jr/Leslie/Tyler

Just need a PF/C goon to do that Kurt Thomas role from last year, and we're good. Wish we could get Ivan Johnson or something for maximum crazy.

NBA free agents seem to really hate the Grizzlies this year. I guess they did get Mike Miller, but everyone else they've gone after has signed for small contracts elsewhere.

Nice signing there. Udrih for the vet minimum is a steal, it'll allow Woodson to play Felton and Prigioni together in the 2 PG set. Knicks ideally wanted a taller athletic PG, but ey beggars can't be choosers.

Knicks have one more spot left to fill.
Beno Udrih signed the vet's minimum?

Did he hire Monta's agent?
He's using the Chris Copeland model, play few minutes in a large market to get paid the following year.

Looks like Larry Sanders will get $11-12m per year:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9...nal-stages-contract-extension-sources-say-nba

Should have held out for a max.

5 years 80 million for what's essentially a 1 dimensional player seems excessive.

If Pekovic isn't getting 15 million a year, I don't see how you can justify paying Sanders this much money.

He's using the Chris Copeland model, play few minutes in a large market to get paid the following year.

Udrih's at least a solid 3rd guard on 20 out of 30 teams in the league. He should be getting paid regardless.

PBY

Banned
5 years 80 million for what's essentially a 1 dimensional player seems excessive.

If Pekovic isn't getting 15 million a year, I don't see how you can justify paying Sanders this much money.
He might be the best rim protector/interior defender in the league

It looks like he'll get 4/44 or 4/48 which I think is a good deal for both sides, but only playing side of basketball won't stop Cousins' agent.

Looks like Larry Sanders will get $11-12m per year:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9...nal-stages-contract-extension-sources-say-nba

Should have held out for a max.

He's played one year of good ball and the team is basically in tank mode. He has to take that deal and run with it. I think it's an overpay for that team...I thought he'd get three years 27 just based on the fact that that he's only played one season of good ball and they have nothing to lose by letting him walk since they need to tank anyway.

I'd have loved if he had taken the QO though. He'd probably be a Wizard if he did because we're looking for Okafors replacement next summer.

Bucks seem to be siding on trying to build through free agency for whatever dumbass reason--that's the only reason I'd try to underpay. Otherwise if they want to tank they might as well just max him because they aren't going to be in a situation where salary cap matters for 3-4 years down the road.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story...-ex-dallas-mavericks-dancer-arrested-killings

A former member of the Dallas Mavericks male dance team killed four people and wounded at least four more with guns and a grenade Wednesday night, police said, according to multiple media reports.

Erbie Bowser, a 44-year-old who was known as E-Luv with the Mavs ManiAACs as recently as 2011, shot and killed Toya Smith, 43, and her 17-year-old daughter Tasmia Allen and injured two more in a Dallas home around 10:30 p.m. CT Wednesday night, police said.

Smith is believed to have been Bowser's former girlfriend, according to multiple media reports.

According to police, Bowser then drove to the home of his ex-wife Zina Till in the Dallas suburb of DeSoto. He threw a grenade into the house and after it detonated he entered the home and began shooting. Two women were killed and two boys, aged 11 and 13, were wounded, police told multiple media outlets. Bowser then ran out of ammunition. It is not clear if Till was one of the victims in the second shooting. According to reports, a 3-year-old was removed from the DeSoto home unharmed.

When police arrived at the DeSoto house, Bowser pretended to be one of the victims. According to reports, he gave police his name, rank and serial number. Police said that Bowser has tattoos that indicate he was a member of the Army Rangers; however, a 2008 application for divorce says that neither party was a member of the armed forces.

According to reports, Till was granted an order of protection from Bowser shortly after she filed for divorce in 2011.

Bowser's bio which formerly appeared on the Mavs site listed his height as 6-foot-7 and weight as 399 pounds. The ManiAACs are known to be overweight. Bowser worked a special education teacher in a number of Dallas area schools.

Holy fuck....RIP

Who the hell goes to sleep in a house with their young kids thinking this is about to happen :-/

The Wizards need to focus on getting into position to trade for Monroe once Dumars figures out that Drummond, Monroe, and Smith can't play together.

They need a 3, so they might listen to an offer of Ariza, Seraphim, and picks.

SamuraiX-

Beno Udrih is absolutely perfect as a 2nd/3rd string PG for a contending team, especially at that price. Wow.

Best signing the Knicks have done in years.

The Wizards need to focus on getting into position to trade for Monroe once Dumars figures out that Drummond, Monroe, and Smith can't play together.

They need a 3, so they might listen to an offer of Ariza, Seraphim, and picks.

I think they are going to be a playoff team so I don't see that move happening.

Failing that I just want to extend Okafor for a two year deal to bring him in line with Nene so that we can go after Durant that off-season.

<3

holy fuck some of you who are trying to be moralists, I don't even think the girl took it that seriously and if she is going to go at him then she deserves whatever she gets back, whether it is a joke or not

i didn't look at his comments once and think at all "gee bad choice of words"

also, I am one who believes "fuck the high ground" for a lot of these more famous people. it irritates me more to see dumbasses go at them on social media because in 2013 you can get your word in to them directly and have no consequences on you other than being blocked

Exactly. She wants to troll people, she can deal with their responses to her public tweets. Not like she hasn't shit on people for looks going down her on TL.

I think they are going to be a playoff team so I don't see that move happening.

Failing that I just want to extend Okafor for a two year deal to bring him in line with Nene so that we can go after Durant that off-season.

<3

I see the Pistons making the playoffs as well, so you're right they wouldn't move Monroe during the season. They'd do it during the offseason most likely. If you can't trade for an upgrade over Okafor I agree that you'd be best off just resigning him.

Top Bottom