• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

its like nerlens doesn't even exist anymore.

Noel_crop_650.jpg

Well fuck, Shabazz is a total dumbass. I was ignorantly hoping he'd turn out better but I'm already thinking he'll fall under the Michael Beasley idiot umbrella both on and off the court. Although he probably can't come close to playing as well as Beasley did at times, so that's always good..

It's pretty bad form and classless for someone like Dwight to sink to that level to some random asshole. But damn did she get a verbal two piece. take that take that.

giri

It's pretty bad form and classless for someone like Dwight to sink to that level to some random asshole. But damn did she get a verbal two piece. take that take that.

Eh, it's not the classiest thing in the world, but lets be real, it sort of fits his image of being an immature jokester.

And she ran her mouth, you do that and you open your self up.

It's no where near the LBJ "you're all poor and have sad lives".

Much closer to just banter.

Dwight's a basketball player, not some sort of noble lord. He isn't "stooping down" to anybodies level.

Eh, it's not the classiest thing in the world, but lets be real, it sort of fits his image of being an immature jokester.

And she ran her mouth, you do that and you open your self up.

It's no where near the LBJ "you're all poor and have sad lives".

Much closer to just banter.

The fact that this is what you got out of those comments says alot about you.

I don't even care enough to comment much more on it. His pr person (if he has one, and they're decent at their job) probably already gave him a "C'mon Dwight". Girl was definitely not expecting that, she thought she could harass someone and go about her day and got dwightmared.

Dwight's a basketball player, not some sort of noble lord. He isn't "stooping down" to anybodies level.

Saying someone is so ugly that they're never going to get married is stooping below basic human decency, especially in response to someone saying you're not going to win a basketball game.

He's under a media microscope and for his own good should be more careful what he says, but either way I'm not writing a letter or sending him messages demanding he apologize.

Saying someone is so ugly that they're never going to get married is stooping below basic human decency, especially in response to someone saying you're not going to win a basketball game.

He's under a media microscope and for his own good should be more careful what he says, but either way I'm not writing a letter or sending him messages demanding he apologize.

He probably took that reply as serious as she took that harassing tweet. It's a joke, a burn. If you are gonna cry, then stay in your glass house and don't leave it.

I got his point, I just don't give it much weight, is all. When you start to bring "human decency" as a point of contention for a harmless web joke, maybe you should step back and realize it's twitter.

Yup, missed the point.

'Just twitter' is pretty silly as well given the number of athletes who have gotten unnecessary heat for things they thought were harmless web nonsense.

Where does online communication become an issue? For you obviously not twitter, what about Facebook? YouTube? E-mail? Blog?

linsivvi

I got his point, I just don't give it much weight, is all. When you start to bring "human decency" as a point of contention for a harmless web joke, maybe you should step back and realize it's twitter.

Harmless? Says you.

Twitter is as real a communication tool as any. To say "it's just twitter" is being blatantly ignorant.

And I just checked that girl's twitter profile. She's now being bullied online by random assholes. Thanks Dwight.

Harmless? Says you.

Twitter is as real a communication tool as any. To say "it's just twitter" is being blatantly ignorant.

Yup, missed the point.

'Just twitter' is pretty silly as well given the number of athletes who have gotten unnecessary heat for things they thought were harmless web nonsense.

Where does online communication become an issue? For you obviously not twitter, what about Facebook? YouTube? E-mail? Blog?

There's nothing silly about it. Its twitter, where the vast majority of posts and interactions are riddled with some form of superficiality. There's no reason at all to look at either of those posts as anything more than some playful banter, yet here we are with the torches and pitchforks. Why?

Huh? LBJ said almost literally that. Go look it up.

I don't think you've read it.

And I just checked that girl's twitter profile. She's now being bullied online by random assholes. Thanks Dwight

Honestly, that's great.

Brittni ‏@uHateBre 1h

@DwightHoward lmaooooo got one unlike your babymothers

Why won't someone please think about poor ugly Brittni. Now because of dwights twitter comments, she'll never marry and will always be miserable...

Who is with pitchforks? All I said was that it was pathetic of Dwight to say that. He's an athlete in pro sports and someone told him he wouldn't win so he insulted their looks. That's pathetic.

I didn't ask for him to apologize. I didn't ask for the NBA to fine him. I just called it a pathetic thing to do.

Which it is unless you're immature.

linsivvi

Who is with pitchforks? All I said was that it was pathetic of Dwight to say that. He's an athlete in pro sports and someone told him he wouldn't win so he insulted their looks. That's pathetic.

I didn't ask for him to apologize. I didn't ask for the NBA to fine him. I just called it a pathetic thing to do.

Yep.

Its a harmless joke to a girl that's apparently married. Even her baby-daddy had a laugh at it. I personally think its pathetic to take it with any type of seriousness. People make all types of jokes, its immature and ignorant to think otherwise.

He just gave her a dose of her own trolling medicine.

Top Bottom